main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

January Meeting parts 1 & 2

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, NC' started by Boba_Fett_of_Nine, Jan 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Boba_Fett_of_Nine Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2003
    What is a good time for the saturday actual prob building day? I kinda need it to be like, the 17th or something, cause im moving the last weekend in Jan, and dont wanna request off 2 weekends in a row. I'll work during the morning on the prop day and then have the whole weekend off. then on the 31st, ill have the whole weekend off to move. any monday night is alright for the shopping. and due to lack of funds, april and I are combining our ideas and just gonna make one, and then try to make seperate personal ones later when we have more time to save. with moving, my funds are all tied up. so when is good for everyone?

2. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I'm probably good for the 17th. My wife works the weekend of the 24th, so I'll be on baby duty. Then I'll probably be in Charlotte on the 31st for the Mid-Atlantic Wrestling Legends Convention, depending on how my plans for finding a free place to stay work out.

3. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Aug 3, 2003
    Dal, wes is going to that...(ref for uwc). Mark wishes he could go but its superbowl weekend, no way possible to get off from wings over greenville that day...he also found the flair boxed set...

4. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    I figured Wes would be there as much as he loves all the old NWA stuff. I don't like that it's Super Bowl weekend, but I should be back home by gametime if all goes well. I'd do all the dealer stuff on Saturday and most of the autographs I want are also on Saturday. Hopefully I can get through the Sunday autographs kind of quickly and get on home. I'm still not 100% sure I'm going yet. I've been offered a free place to stay now, so that is helping out my decision.

My wife did end up getting me the Flair boxed set for Christmas. It is awesome! I've been skipping all around it just watching everything. Out of 10+ hours of stuff, I've probably watched 2-3.

5. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Aug 3, 2003
    dal...maybe we can hang out when i get my new place settled and watch the whole set. What do ya think?

6. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    January 17th, sounds like a winner to me. I'll send my wife and son to Grandma's. This will be a lot of fun.

Lightsabers for all!

Just need to nail down a time in the afternoon on Saturday. Monday Lowes trip still needed? We can all just go on Saturday and have a great time.

Let me know.

JMK

7. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    I've just had something come up (actually my wife has) which would probably keep me from getting over there until probably 4pm at the earliest. I think I can still do a morning Lowe's run, but I'll need to be back home by probably somewhere between 12-1pm. I don't mind if you guys start without me and if I get such a late start that my saber can't be finished in a timely manner (I'm sure Kev doesn't want this to run to the late night), I have no problem continuing it at a later date or just getting back together with Kev when we have some free time.

BFo9 - Let us know when you get settled in - I always like to sit around and watch Flair.

8. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    Dal - you and I can make a Lowes run that morning and start making your saber (we can finish later, after 4 if need be)

BFof9 & LtCmdrData - we can go to Lowes when you get off work.

QotC - Let me know when is the best time for you to come over

JMK

9. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Kel, just send me your meeting info, once y'all have it set. :)

I hope you are all having a great New Year! :D

10. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Kev -

That sounds good. I would definitely need you around to help me find the parts I'll need. And I'll go ahead and warn you that I am not very mechanically-inclined at all. I'm tolerable with easier woodworking stuff, but all the metalshop work it sounds like we're gonna be doing is o-o-o-over my head. :confused:

11. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    I was chatting with Tommy today and he may come with us on our lightsaber adventure if he's in town. I don't know if he's interested in building his own, but I think he may come watch the building process. :)

12. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    Sweet, Tommy is always invited.

Dal, let me know when you want to come over, or I can meet at your place and then we can go to Lowes.

Q, let me know when you want to come over.

BFof9 and LtCmdrData, what time do I need to pick you up?

JMK

13. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Aug 3, 2003
    it turns out my boss isnt gonna need me during the day and I took the night off so I have the whole day off. April is waiting to hear about a job. If she doesnt haveta work she'll come too. between 11-2 is fine, whenever is okay...just let me know when ure gonna be out and we'll be ready... I hope that it can fit into a 25-30 budget tho...

14. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    I have some material already. I am fairly confident we could make two sabers for that price.

JMK

15. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    Don't forget, be at my place around 10 am this Saturday.

Kevin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.