Omaha, NE January meeting?

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by sarahpie, Jan 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarahpie Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey folks....

Just wondering what we're planning on doing for the month of January. Any ideas?
  2. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank you Sarah! I was waiting to see if anyone would say anything.

Just trying to gauage interest level. It seems to have died off since May. And frankly, it annoys me a little. Do we all have real lives? Yes. But we all had real lives back when this started, too. We went to a set meeting day to avoid just this scenario. But looking back, we got more people together the old fashioned way. So do we go back to spending weeks arguing about a date, or just continue as is and face what I see as the likely conclusion, where the OFF disbands?

Now does real life get in the way sometimes? Of course. Its expected. But all the time? You know when every meeting will be for the rest of the year, thats why we went to set days....so we could plan accordingly.

So now, tell me what you all think we need to do. Change the date? Go back to setting it via debate? I dont know all. It sometimes seems no one wants to participate anymore. I would love to do more than sit around gabbing. I always envisioned us doing like lazer tag, or paintball...things beyond SW. And we've tried. We're always met with lots of talk, but no action. One example being the fan film. Another is the Dahorhir thing Craig and I tried to start. Gaming, etc...I dont know...its seems apathy is our motto.

But as for our meeting. I will again offer up my home as a place. If anyone wants to meet that is. Perhaps we can get some constructive dialog going, and get OFF back on track. But its up to YOU.
  3. UncleOwen1138 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I couldn?t agree more than what Mark said. I have been one of the ?guilty? parties the last few months. It?s been a busy time, and I guess it?s down to the point of being lazy.

I really think we should stick with the same day every month plan, but maybe we should try another night instead of Sunday, or maybe trying earlier in the day on Sunday. Maybe 2:00 or something would work. Maybe we should set up a poll for just a few days to get people?s thoughts on the subject. That?s just an idea though.

I for one have missed getting together with you guys. Things have slowed down, and I do plan on returning. Plus, I?m sure Sarah still wants her shirt.

Just my 2 cents. See ya.

boB
  4. sarahpie Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yes, getting my shirt would be nice....

I know for me, personally, having a set day for the meeting is very nice. Why? Well, once class starts up again on the 14th and clinicals start in February and I start working, Sarah will be very, very busy. So, having a set day and time for the meeting is just a lot easier and I can at least attempt to schedule things around it.

As for what to do, well...I dunno. Being a poor college student with no car puts somewhat of a limit on things, but I still try to show up (Except for a few meetings...heh.) There's always things like Bowling, Putt Putt, etc.

Hopefully we'll decide on something for this month, even if it is just me and Bob hanging out at Mark's place.
  5. sith_itch Jedi Knight

star 1
    My vote is to keep the meetings on a set day & time. It is just easier to schedule around, and frankly, to remember. I work til 3, so meeting any earlier won't work for me. If we want to meet earlier than 6, maybe 4 or 5 would work. It depends on people's schedules. If people show up for the meeting, we can discuss it then.
  6. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes...it has to be after 3pm or Sith_itch and I both would only be able to attend 2 or meetings a YEAR. But it can be earlier then 6. Maybe a mid-week meeting...say a Tuesday or Wednesday. Anyone?
  7. That awful vracer Jedi Knight

star 3
    It has to be weekends. I work at night, during the week. moving to weekdays will effectivly end my participation in the club. I want the club to be a fun experience for everyone, but how many more meetings can we have where attendance is mainly pX, Sith_, and me? There are only so many things the three of us can do. Are there specific issues that are keeping some of you away? Post about 'em. Or email 'em, phone, whatever.

And I have an idea. This meeting, we play one of the board games, with a special prize, provided by me, as the stakes. Can't tell what it is, but I'll give you a hint: What's taters, precious?
  8. sarahpie Jedi Knight

star 1
    If we switch it to a during the week thing, Wednesday would be the best, since on Tuesdays I'm pretty dead after class.

9. banthagrl Jedi Knight

star 1

Weekends seem to be the best - Sundays the best for us, since I work Saturdays 'til 5. However, maybe not the third Sunday of the month. We've had a conflict that third weekend for about the last eight months. Why was the third weekend picked? Random, or was there a specific reason?

I like the idea of an early afternoon meeting on Sundays - it would be easier to schedule those other activities talked about (paintball, lazer tag, etc.)

10. UncleOwen1138 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Maybe we should try another Sunday at around 4:00, and see how that works out.
  11. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    Thats pretty much it Bantha...it was just random, no special meaning to it. So it is open to change.

But this is what I gather from those who have posted so far. We want to keep in on a Sunday...but earlier then 6pm...and the third Sunday just seems to be bad.

So, suggestion number one. We move it to the first Sunday of each month at say...4:30 pm. We will forgo this months meeting (officially that is, if you still want to get together your more then welcome to hang out) and start again fresh February 2nd. That gives us about 2 1/2 weeks.

Again, just a suggestion...by all means voice your opinions!
  12. TK750 Jedi Knight

star 1
    My opinion is that taxes are too high and that we have taken tolerance way beyond what its original intent was. People are just too scared to say anything. Another opinion I have is that NFL football is overrated. It just doesn't seem like they're playing for the joy of playing anymore. Thank you. That's my opinion.
  13. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    Well now I know who I'M voting for next year!
  14. banthagrl Jedi Knight

star 1

Sunday the 2nd at 4:30 is fine with me...
  15. sith_itch Jedi Knight

star 1
    So, is anyone going to get together for the "informal" meeting tomorrow at Mark's? I can make it since I had the meeting on my schedule.
  16. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    You know me...I'll be here. HAHA!
  17. That awful vracer Jedi Knight

star 3
    I can be there! What time? I'll bring the precious!
  18. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    This will be the last 6 o'clock gathering!
  19. Rhi-Lan Jedi Knight

star 1
    ohhhkay. Glad this is being cleared up. I just hooked up with the O.F.F. and I'd hate to see it go the way of the dinosaur after only one meeting with three members. (Three very cool members!) February 2nd sounds good to me. Hope lots of folks can make it! M.T.F.B.W.Y.
  20. That awful vracer Jedi Knight

star 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.