main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

January Meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Jayna, Nov 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    With our massive break and the holidays and all, an official meeting in December isn't going to happen.

Even though it's a few months away, we really need to start planning our January meeting so we know our plans at least a week or so in advance.

I was thinking that this would be an excellent time for us to get together and watch some of te movies. We still have not done this and as a Star Wars fan-based club, I feel it is necessary to our development. :)

Whaddaya say?

2. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Phenominal.

3. BIGGIE

BIGGIE Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2003
    thats great, but we need a toper. like something after the movies. hopefuly we will have the shirts done by then so we can all go in our new shirts

4. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    I doubt we'll have shirts done by the next meeting (aren't I just the optimist :) ) but if we did, and if we decide on the grey shirts, we could do the Trilogy, order some pizza, and go bowling again. Next time I will be in costume, but those that don't have costumes can wear the shirts and glooooooooow :cool:

When I get the pic from Jayna I'll put it up and create a poll so we can vote over Christmas and go from there. I know my dojo gets a lot of T-shirt stuff done, so I could ask my Sensei who he goes with and maybe get one made up over the break, once we decide on a logo.

Anyway, from my calculations...

The next meeting should be January 17th. We need to decide on what we want to watch. Do we want to wuss out and just watch one flick, do the Trilogy, or just go straight hardcore for all 5? I think we should save that marathon for Eppy 3 opening weekend. But, we have two months, so how about we decide now, while the idea is fresh, then we'll all know not to schedule anything and get all of the homework, projects, and misc. things out of the way before the 17th?

Also, where? I could probably reseverve a room on-campus, but that wouldn't be too comfortable. My place is always open and if we do it at someone's house I could probably get a 7x7 screen and projector to hook up to a DVD player or VCR and watch it movie style :D

5. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    Nice. We should just watch the trilogy and save the marathon for Episode 3. Jan 17 sounds good, but so far all me weekends are open except the 31st. Bowling would be cool except for one fact: poor flying college student. All of my extra cash is now gone for the next 3 months. I might be able to get some from my parents, but I'm not sure. We could just watch the movies and maybe order some pizza and play some cards or something like that.

6. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    I also agree that we should wait on the big marathon. I'd be up for a movie or two, though. Bowling again would be excellent- especially now that I know that the place is smoke free (unlike Halifax).

7. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Return of the King would be out by then too, wouldn't it? I'm sure I'd be up for a showing of that...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.