main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL January Meeting

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Pikaroth, Dec 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    Okay, here is the official thread for the upcoming January Meeting. It is going to be held on January 10, which is a Saturday.

I know we all seemingly disagree on time and where, even if, to eat. I think the best was how it went down at the last one. I *vastly* prefer eating after the meeting is done. Eating before makes everyone rush, and to be honest, it was fun just sitting around after we had all had our plates taken away and just talking (though, come to think of it, I should have had some icecream or something, sigh).

I personally liked the 11:00am start time, but, as I have said countless times, any time is good for me. I just feel that meeting at around 11:00am gives us ample time to do anything we want, and then for those that wish to go and eat, they can do that. It is easier than meeting to eat and then all driving over to the meeting. We can walk as a group and do whatever. Also, those that do not wish to eat or have other places to be have the perfect time to leave instead of having to just get up and go during the meeting.

I'd also like to add that for those that want, we can do stuff on other dates. While the official meetings are on the given dates, nothing stops us from hanging out and doing other things on non-meeting days.

Perhaps we could have Scarf Day? Personal joke, and for those that were not there, well, then it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Okay, so, this is the thread.

Brandon

2. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    Campbell was mentioning the FX thing but since he also said he didn't "see us traversing the convention en masse too much". Maybe some of us could do the regular meeting thing at the library at about the 11 am time and others do the FX? And all gather at some point after? They could then show off their "finds". If it is a choice between collecting and something like last weekend I would chose to try & recreate the fun we had Saturday.

Final thought: Is a "thread" related to a scarf? If you pull it will it unravel?

3. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    I just now read the FX thing, and sure enough, it is on the 10th, the same day we were going to have the meeting, which, in all reality, will probably not work out.

Before we all jumped into our respective automobiles, Campbell mentioned having a meeting in two weeks, Ia said three weeks would be better, hence the 10th. However, would anyone be willing to make it to a meeting on January 3rd? This would let us have a normal meeting with no worries in terms of having to be at a convention, and that would leave the next weekend, the 10th and 11th, open for those that wish to go to the convention (I may go, may not, just not sure yet).

Bad idea? Good idea? I'd be willing to do the 3rd, but I'd hate to show up in our concrete Star Trek room at the library alone.

Brandon

4. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    i think the third is to early personally. what about sonday afternoon...the 11th...wecan hear an update about the fx thing.

i was thinking saturday afternoon, remember we want people to recover from the holidays in time and with new years some people will still be hung ovver on the 3rd.

5. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Or if we have the meeting on the 10th, I could hit FX on Sunday the 11th. I can make it on the 3rd or 10th as far as I can tell.
    -Campbell

6. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    for those of you interested... i have started a thread for the fan film "the bounty"

7. tristan458

tristan458 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2003
    Im cool with whatever day, 3rd or the 10th. I would like to hit the FX show as well.

Campbell, if youre going then we need to get ahold of each other so we meet there or something like that.

The only thing that kills me about the meeting is the time. I think noon is the perfect time. I got up at 530am in the military every day (but weekends) and I hate mornings. I know I was looking a little rough Saturday morning.

8. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    The 3rd or the 10th is fine with me. You all decide and I'll be there.
    Melanie

9. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Well I don't think I'll be able to make either. My aunt is coming down from Pittsburgh on the 29th and I don't EVER get to see her so I'm pretty much spending from the 1st til 5th or so with her. The tenth, SOS is taking me to Cirque du Soleil so it's been kinda planned for awhile.

Well, I guess I won't see you guys for awhile...kinda sucks but it makes you guys miss me even more :)

10. askywalker98

askywalker98 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    Whats the "FX" thing?

Sunday...sunday!!! Sunday would work... It's all what everyone else wants though.

11. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    FX is a collectibles/genre convention happening that weekend here in Orlando. Here's the site- check it out: www.fxshow.com.

I'm planning on going to both the meeting and FX (on different days). I'm not overly opinionated on which one happens on Saturday or Sunday. So everybody speak up on your preferred day of the weekend for the meeting. Stefanie, would you be able to attend if it were on Sunday the 11th? Any chance SOS could take us all so we could have the meeting at the Cirque? And what's SOS?

And Dale, as time gets closer we'll work out a way to hookup for FX. Check your PMs, I just sent you one.

I also liked getting grub after the meeting. Seemed to work really well. I'm fine with noon for the next meeting, too.

-Campbell

12. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    I am beginning to have a sinking feeling that poor 'ol Stefanie will have an excuse for any possible day we have it. However, assuming her journey to Downtown Disney to see a circus is, in fact, on January 11th, she should be able to come on the 12th... I'll speak with her and see what is going on.

Also, this might sound odd, but we should not know what SOS is. In fact, we should start a new thread and take guesses at what it is. The winner gets something super special. What that is, well, we'll work on that.

So, yes, perhaps we should up the meeting by one day. If we do, it seems as though everyone should have absolutely no problems coming.

I hope we get our same room at the library...

Brandon

13. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    Sunday is good. That's the 12th right? What time? Same time as before? That seemed to work out. Or perhaps an hour later?
    Had too much fun at the last one & can't wait for the next one. Can we print out the Fan Film ideas and work on those? Also, I saw a tape of R2D2's life story and it is HILARIOUS!! Has anyone else seen it and if not, can we play that at the meeting?
    In the meantime, SOS - have we discovered what or who that is?
    My guess: SOS Same Old Someone

Melanie :D

14. askywalker98

askywalker98 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    Sunday? Mmm... My dream has come true, this is awsome. I ahve the R2-D2 life story thing on dvd, it was only around $5 because you could download the videos from starwars.com. I could bring it if I come... but we all know how reliable that is. I am going to FX one of those days it's open, so maybe I'll be aboe to hook up with my fellow collectors.

-Anthony

15. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    well my vote is against the 1st weekend in january because i cant make it ...the further away the meeting iis ...the more likely we will get the room but we have to promise ten members will show up :)

Also i really want to be there...bein the city rep and all ...although the world wont end if i cant make it... i would like to take head shots and pictures of the room and posibly scope out posible places for photo shoots around down town.

16. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    OK, seems we do best when we get strong-armed, or rather, we do best when somebody says how it's gonna be and everybody either falls in line or knocks me off the hill. That said, the meeting is now officially on Sunday, 11 January at the main branch of the library.

Anthony- dreams do come true.
    Ia- when I call the library (as soon as we decide a time) I'll request the Utopian Patio room.
    Stefanie- any chance you can grace the place with your face? if not, does SOS stand for Sidestep Orlando System?

happy neu year jedi, Campbell

17. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    So, what is every one doing on New Years, if anything?

18. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    ACTUALLY IM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT MY PLANS NOW...

19. tristan458

tristan458 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2003
    Im headed to Miami, with a few friends. Ill be sure to take plenty of pics. Cant say who Im going with, but you all know a few of them. Hint hint.

Dale

20. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    Oh, is part of your collection going with you? :)
    My family lives down there so try and leave part of the city intact. OK?
    ;)
    Melanie

21. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    wow i would of never guest that.....I would of said they were sexy chics we know....but brandon made it known that star wars people dont know sexy chicks

22. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    Wait! So there's a possibility that there's sexy guys? CooL!

23. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    I think there are some....ive seen a few in my life time. if we all vow to hook up with sexy counter parts we give twice the hope for the new generation of star wars fans :p

24. Ruckus

Ruckus Jedi Master star 3

Apr 2, 2002
    That's a spectacular idea Ia.

25. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    So, then, it looks like the 11th is the final date, right? God, I hate Sundays... hate them so bad. Uhg. However, I will be there, but don't be suprised if I am tired, have not shaved, and just make funny noises the entire time. I may just stink, too.

On a positive note, assuming everyone comes, it might be our biggest meeting yet. I spoke with Stefanie last night, and unless I completely misunderstood her or a magical excuse comes up, she will be attending, too.

Did I say how much I hate Sundays? The only worse day than Sunday is, obviously enough, Tuesday.

Next meeting has to be a Saturday. Hell, the Saturday following our meeting can be our next one. Yes, not a monthly meeting, but a weekly meeting! Okay, maybe not.

Brandon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.