main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL January Meeting

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Pikaroth, Dec 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    Thank you for the recap Brandon. Last I heard, I will be catching a ride with Campbell. As long as he returns from his trip. Perhaps he will be the one in a horrible car accident. If so I call dibs on his sw stuff!! [face_laugh]
    According to the mechanic, my car (poor baby) is about to die a horrible death. I could use a lift to the convention tomorrow but since I live right up the road I think she'll hold together for that short trip. I may solicit advise on cars since I need to get a new one. Helpful advise welcome.
    I second Brandon, Ia, don't forget your scarf it'll be cold tomorrow. ;)

Melanie

Oh, by the way, happy belated Birthday Ruckus. Anyone else's birthday coming up?

2. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    Didn't want to post again. One error on these boards is you can't delete a message when you are done with it... or is there a way?? I posted something awhile ago and some how duplicated it and want to delete the duplication. So instead I modified this message to complain about not having a delete/recall option..
    I really have to go but will talk to you all tomorrow.
    Melanie

3. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    Oh, forgot: Dale, bring the hippos!

Brandon

4. Ruckus

Ruckus Jedi Master star 3

Apr 2, 2002
    Thank you Raiza! Just when I thought no one cared. :p
    Yeah I turned- uh.... yeah... I forget.

5. tristan458

tristan458 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2003
    To the convention or the meeting?

6. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    Probably to the meeting so everyone can see them. But, if you do bring them to the convention, it would be just as cool to look at them there. I'm leaving right now to head over there, 8:57am.

Brandon

7. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    ok guys...first off....sorry ive been laking presence online for the las few days...my computer keeps freezing...

i will be bringbmw films to the meeting to show what kind of fan film i wanted to do.....

as for the cape bit.....i think the only cape i have goes to my xam wessel costume....im not sure i should be wearing a purple leather cape around brandon...remember the scarf incident???

Ia :)

8. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    More hijinks at the library.
    On returning home from FX, which followed 2 days away from home, I came several hours ago to a message from the library from someone named Jeanette saying that they do not have space available today.

"It's not my fault."
    I'm a bit confused and will try to resolve the issue before 2pm- I'm planning on going to the library soon after 1. I reserved space over the phone a week ago with a man named Pham who said he'd send me the standard reservation paper to fax back. He never sent it and the library was closed by then that night so I called the next day and asked for the form again. I spoke to a woman who promptly sent me the fax and I got a success moments later. According to my answering machine, a woman from the library called Friday at noon to suggest I see if they'd had any cancellations on Saturday afternoon. See above to see why I couldn't do that.

So I know this is a boring tale, and may sound lame, but I'm irritated that the library promised me something and it may have fallen through. They typically allow me to bring the page in so they can file it- I just like to fax it back to get everything in order in advance. Maybe there's miscommunication between their staff, maybe we need to sign in as the Utopian Film Society, maybe we'll try to get one of those rinky-dink study rooms from a couple of meetings ago, or maybe Stefanie will get to go to lunch with us anyway, because we decide to convene at a walkable eatery. We shall see. -Campbell

9. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    CAMPBELL!! Falling down on the job???? Well, we'll just have to confiscate all of your toys until you learn your lesson!!
    Just kidding. (Still giving me a ride? :D )
    Well, see you there (or not).

Melanie

10. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    Oh dear. Well, we can always meet in the lobby and just be super quiet. I'm sure something will work out, though.

I really just wanted to post this because, after a few more messages here, this, I think, will be the most active topic ever on here.

I'm leaving in a few minutes, so I will see everyone there.

Brandon

11. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    Hippos rule! Speaking of them, eBay rules! Why? Because I just won an entire collection, including a blue Falcon-ish looking display for them, all for $11.00!

I am very, very happy.

Brandon

12. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Very good find- even I'd pick up the little blue things at that kind of steal. Reminds me of Aaron's Fett armor deal. Drunk sellers rule!

All's well that ends well. We got a room fairly easily, but to avoid future problems Ia took me by the ear and had me reserve a room already for the next meeting (or two). Also, I realized during the day that it worked perfectly that Ia had a commitment until 2- the library didn't even open till 1pm- something we need to remember for the next Sunday meeting.

And a good turnout. Melanie, Brandon, Ia, Dale, and I were there; we had the too-rare pleasure of a Stefanie appearance, and the unexpected existance of Aaron (very good to meet, hope to see you again soon). Not too shabby. And with a few exceptions, not too much overload.

-Campbell

13. tristan458

Aug 15, 2003
    Im still waiting for the drunk guy to post a silver vader. Probably gonna be waiting for a while I think.

14. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    Meeting recap: We got to see the BMW clips. Loved the Madonna one.
    Dale's little purple hippos ruled best in my opinion! Or was it looking up Anikan's robes to see the photos?
    Ia didn't wear the famous scarf but the Princess Leia hairdo ROCKED!! All Hail Princess IA!! Grovel at the ground she walks on boys. :D
    Then off to eat and watch guys twirling in tu tus. Definately an interesting way to end the day! Well, I'm sure I haven't covered everything. Those who were there I'm sure will add what you like to tell the "others" what they're missing.
    Melanie

15. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    Official Meeting notes:

total of 7 attending....

first item: Saturday's Convention

after the third attempt to receive information on the en\vent it was made clear that to summarize it...would be to say it was smalland the following things:
    Dale traded a shake
    it was 20 dollars for an sautograph
    its stupid in fan films when people use a gun liek they are stabbing the air with it

second item: cloaks
    Dale informed me that the guy in england who is the big shot of custom costumes does not know what he is doing so i showed what my cloaks look like and how cool they are

third iitem: armor
    some of the guys talked about making aromor and how aaron only payed 90 for his set and so forth

fourth item: starwarsspoofs

check out www.starwarsspoofs.com

they are ultra cool. The ones with r2 making popcorn and punching yoda are recommended by cambell and myself

fifth item: Dan

people asked what happened to dan and i stated he emailed me back. He informed me that he was on a business trip and doesnt care what happens with the fan force.

sixth item: conventions:

Star Wars weekends is coming up in may and Mega con is March 5-7th

seventh item: dune
    there was a short discussion of dune

eigth item: C3

We talked for a while about Celebration 3. we agreed that those of us with costumes want to go by van and not a plane. also dale said hotels still will not book a room for the event over a year in advance. Just about everyone showed an interest in going and going as a group

ninth item: BMW films

we watch the bmw films on aarons lap top and everyone enjoyed. Brandon was speechless

tenth item: lunch
    anything discussed at lunch can not be repeated. to find out about lunch you have to atttend it....that is a benifit of attending lunch.

Ia

16. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    So I guess the first rule of Lunch Club is not to talk about Lunch Club!

17. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Right on. What happens at lunch, stays at lunch.

18. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    we should get into the habbit of closing old meeting posts after the meeting...

19. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Huh? You mean once we wrap up the meeting on one of these threads we should lock it? Makes sense, as long as we have a decent summary or two about that meeting.

20. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    well...yeah, sorry thats what i meant :p

we should close a post after the meetign summary and so forth....:) weve been good about stating a new post for new info but just in case about a week after the meeitng we should close the thread i think

21. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    PLEASE.... Close this thread!

22. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    I agree. So much so that I'm not even going to make a joke to prolong the life of the thread. Who has the power to Lock this beast away? I suspect Brandon. Maybe our fearless leader, Ia? Those that wield this mystical charm, please stick a fork in it, because we're finished here. -Campbell

23. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    I do have the power. The Power Supreme! However, for us all, I would like this thread, for no real reason, to reach at least 100 posts. This will be number 97, and if it reaches 100, it will not only be the biggest thread in the Orlando Forum, but probably the biggest for any forum in the surrounding are (Tampa, Melbourne, etc.)

So, here it is, number 97. Also, don't worry about wasting time or posting pointless messages. We all have a few seconds, and it is not like this is cluttering up our own hard drive. This server can hold some more text.

Brandon

24. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    actually i think they turn off the thread at 300 we once got a thread here that far :)

25. tristan458

Aug 15, 2003
    Ribbit Ribbit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.