main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL January Meeting

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Pikaroth, Dec 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    I'm sorry but if you make blue milk, I don't know about anyone else but I will not have any desire to drink it. Admire it, yes. Drink it, no.
    Don't drink milk much in the first place, soy milk hardly ever and flavored with anything else, well, ewww.
    Sorry Ia but interesting idea.
    Melanie

2. Ruckus

Ruckus Jedi Master star 3

Apr 2, 2002
    Just do the simple thing- add blue food dye to the milk!!!! Or make somekind of gelatin type drink that is blue.

3. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Kudos to whomever for the Forum Announcement. Mesa liken dis.

Ia, I'm all into the blue milk idea. And if anybody has it, they should bring Hooverphonic's album Blue Wonder Power Milk for a trippy soundtrack to the meeting.

4. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Well, like James, I have done the dye idea. It works really well. You still have milk and it doesn't taste weird like soy milk/cool aid would...

Yeah, so what's up with the whole food thing all of a sudden? If you guys eat too much at the meeting, there will be no desire to eat lunch! :(

5. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    I agree. Maybe we shouldn't bring food so that we have an appetite to do lunch afterwards. That's always the fun part anyway. Well, either way it's just a few weeks away and hope to see you all there.

Melanie

6. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Maybe we can go to a place that serves blue milk? Or make them make it or else!!!

7. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Last time we went to The Globe, they were having a rather blue performance in the next room, so it might not be out of the question...

8. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    So I take the lack of response to my question to mean that no one here has seen the leaked marketing video for E3?

L8r

9. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    I have, but a vast majority of people here are against spoilers of any type. Because of that, I did not want to speak of it.

But, yes, there are those that have seen it.

Brandon

10. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Yeah I soured the Phantom Menace more then it soured me by reading spoilers.

11. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    Well, I just asking in case anyone hasn't seen it and wanted to. I was just trying to get a feel for who has/hasn't.

L8r

12. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    I enjoy a good spoiler occasionally, however I haven't seen any recently. On the other hand, I don't like to overdo them either. You can ruin the movie by having that feeling you've already seen and heard almost the entire movie before truly seeing it in the theater. That is at least my personal opinion and I am sure is *not* the majority.

Melanie :)

13. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    It's not blatantly spoilery. It's a quick marketing video and you'd really have to watch it a few times and dissect it to puzzle out the movie. It's just clips playing to music mostly.

L8r

14. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    Ok. So where does one go to see this marketing video?

Melanie

15. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    Well, I've got a link and/or I could bring a copy to the meeting if someone else is providing the computer hook up.

L8r

16. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Hey I've got a spoiler on my car! Plus.. if you don't watch Angel you should and make sure to rinse your mouth out with Dr. Pepper to get more money from the tooth fairy. Just a word from your local Monkey Wrangler. :-()

17. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    Request for your help:
    I'm trying to remember the name of a cartoon I watched when I was younger (NO jokes please!) ;)
    It had 5 robotic lions and they formed this giant enforcer with a sword. They were driven by these young heros and each lion had a certain elemental power: fire, ice, water, etc. Does anyone remember what this show was called? I have tried looking up various cartoon titles on the internet but can't find it. I don't think it was the Transformers, which was a different show with semi trucks, etc. I have a small wager on this so please help me.

Thank you!

Melanie

18. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    The show you're thinking of is Voltron, I think. I used to have all the toys when I was a kid.

19. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    YES!! That's it!!! Thank you!! My friend said it was the Transformers and I KNEW they were wrong. Funny to be arguing over that and the ThunderCats! God, the things we remember!

I had to edit this message because this was my 100th POST!! It was like watching my speedometer change. I didn't want to miss it & now it's done. Sigh, I don't think anything else will be as fun, well, unless I reach 1,000 posts. Nah, this was it. Good night Star Wars fans.

Melanie

20. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Voltron rocked! I still can hear the theme music in my head! I remember what the characters looked like- but I couldn't tell you there names- Thundercats was a sweet cartoon too! I loved Battle of the Planets and Speed Racer too!

21. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    One of my favorite cartoons from when I was younger, one that *no one* seems to remember, was called Spiral Zone. Did anyone else watch this, or has anyone even heard of it?

Brandon

22. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    No, never heard of Spiral Zone. What was it about? Another cartoon that no one seems to remember is Supernaturals. Anyone remember that?

23. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    I don't remember Spiral Zone all too well, but what I do remember was that it was fairly "adult" for a cartoon. Yes, made for kids, but people actually died in it, one of the main characters left his wife and kid behind to die in one of those "moments of truth" type of situations. It was, I believe, set in the future, mankind vs. some alien threat type of deal. If I absolutely had to compare it to something, it would probably be Star Blazers. Then again, time tends to fog the memory, and if I were to watch it today, I may think to myself, "Hm, okay, well, it was nothing like I remembered."

As for Super Naturals... on that one I have no idea. =)

Brandon

24. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    Hmm, even with your description it's not ringing any bells. You could probably find something about it somewhere online. As for Super Naturals, I can't even really remember what the show was all about, I just remember having some of the figures from it. Thay all had holographic stickers covering their torsos, and when you moved them from left to right, they changed from like Knights to rotting corpse type of things. It's really hard to describe. I should try to find a picture of them, because it would be cool to see what they looked like again.

As for another obscure 80's kids show, does anyone remember Captain Power?

25. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    ok so this morning I was talking to my friends at work and was sharing the cartoons we loved growing up: so far I have:
    -Dungeons & Dragons (silly but I did the RPG thing, so have to include it)
    -Voltron
    -Thunder Cats (although as an adult have to relfk
    -Superheros - was that what they were called? (Wonder Twin powers.. activate!)

There were 2 others that I can't remember the names (must be going senile):
    1 had a family -Father, Mother, young son. they rode dinosaur-like creatures & had an amoeba/ghost-like pet & the pet's parent which could morph into different shapes.

Second, was a more short lived show with a warrior who rode a horse like creature (more dragon/combo horse). That was the oldest one so don't remember any more on that right now. Ah, nostaglia!

Umm... I'll have to keep thinking.. you're turn.

Melanie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.