main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL January Meeting

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Pikaroth, Dec 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    Is it even possible to max out a topic? If so, that would be the best. If, though, it is something like 9999, then, I few, we are screwed. That would be awesome, though, if this topic was still going in, say, 2024...

Now, to make it a Star Wars message:

www.thejawa.com

Brandon

2. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    G@!#$!!! D*@**&@&^%!! I just had my car break down on me AGAIN!!!!!! My friends & family have advised me it must be a bad alternator (THAT WAS JUST REPLACED!!) I just got it back this MORNING!!! Ahahhhhhhh....
    Ok. I pushed it 1 block in to an apt. complex around the corner from mine. I LOVE the fact that people will honk their horns at a loan girl pushing her car at night but WON'T stop to help her. I can't help my car broke down!!! Flashing your lights at me won't help either, see the hazards? See me pushing?? Get a clue!! Ok, I think I have a little stress so thanks for letting me bitch. I know the fan force friends (fff) would have helped but I was less than a half mile from my house this time and it was mostly down hill. This has GOT to stop happening to me. So guess what I get to do tomorrow morning? Yep, take it in to the mechanic who's just over a mile away and have them fix it AGAIN. Oh, and I trust they'll do a good job, this Time, yeah, right. Well, have to go calm down. Seriously upset. Thanks again for being out there and go Star Wars!! Oh, can someone give me a ride Saturday if this isn't fixed by then?
    Melanie

3. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    That is why you should only buy/lease a new automobile, and *only* take it to an actual dealer for tune ups and repairs (if you get a Nissan, for example, never take it anywhere else for *anything* other than the actual dealership you got it from or another Nissan dealer).

It is stories like yours that make me shudder. The only other thing I would recommend would be AAA. I respect the fact you pushed your car that far, but I would not even break a sweat... get on the cell phone, give AAA my account number, and await their timely arrival. =)

Brandon

4. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    Yeah, AAA is cool. I would suggest not taking your vehicle back to the same repair shop if it just keeps breaking down. Maybe the problem isn't your car.

Trust me. I will never service my car at Pep Boys again. Buncha morons over there!

L8r

5. Ruckus

Ruckus Jedi Master star 3

Apr 2, 2002
    I wish I was rich enough to buy or lease a new car. Did anyone watch Angel?

6. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Nah, I don't watch Angel. But I watched Smallville ;)

7. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    Smallville was cool, but tonight's Angel was better. ;)

I kinda hated watching AtS in a way. I mean, after two years they finally bring back the REAL Cordelia Chase only to write her off the show permanently. *sigh* Excellent episode. One of the best this season, if not ever. But damn. It makes me sad. :p

L8r

8. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    i never could get into the show angel...

by the way, melanie...if you are looking for a new car let me know and ill keep my eyue out for you my brother might be selling his :)

Ia

9. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    My car is going to be fine. Just a little shaky right now. Besides I'm going to come into a LOT of money in less than a month and can buy a brand new car if I feel like it. I'm looking seriously at the Toyota Corolla. If only this car didn't have the problems she had. Ah well. In the meantime, thanks for the offer.
    Also, AAA would have been nice but I would have had to wait for them & THAT's even less pleasant. Plus I would've still had to push the car out of the way. It was a cool night & it was down hill, so no sweat at all. It was just annoying. I've arranged some rides & should be ok (keep your fingers crossed for me).
    As some have you told me May the Force be With Me.
    So, we've asked about Smallville & Angel but does anyone know about the new series Battlestar Gallacta? Has anyone heard any rumors? The way they left if off it *so* could be a new series.
    Anyone watch Enterprise?
    Also, should we be talking about making copies of clone wars & bringing it in via this format? Copywrights mean anything people? Just being paranoid. Big brother (Vader) is watching!
    Got to go.
    Melanie

10. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Yeah Sci-fi picked up the option to make a Battlestar Galactica series just in the nick of time before they lost the option on the 31st to do so- so they will probably screw that show over like they did Farscape. I think they did a better justice for Cordy by having her come out of the coma to save Angel- and then ultimately losing her life to this noble deed- which was done out of love and necessity- mostly love. I think if I wasn't watching the show with friends I may have cried. I can't wait to see next weeks episode- this season has rocked! Not to overly moody, not way to serious- a great mixture of what makes Angel- Angel! Yeah.. I'm a big softy like that- make all the cracks ya want. But damn she was hot! I read she is pursuing the Wonder Woman part with a vengeance! I hope she gets it- cuz I'd probably go see it if she is in it! You know I am actually looking forward to the meeting Saturday- eventhough I almost had to bail out again for sudden conflicts- but what came up I put on hold till I get back on Saturday. Hey Raiza- when you say you are coming into money soon- if you are gonna rob a bank can I help? Oh- I watch Enterprise when it does get pre-empted by one of those horrific Magic games. This season has been so-so- but I hear there are big changes at Paramount involving the show- I am starting to wonder if maybe they will cancel it? I'd hate that- the show is as good as Voyager- if not better- but something just seems to be missing.

11. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    Nope. Not robbing a bank. If I were I would ask someone to help who I knew and could really help me. Maybe Brandon since he has the inside track on banks.... Nah, too much the lawful type. Oh well, there went my bank robbing dreams.

OR better yet, I could steal Campbell's & Dale's collections of SW stuff and sell them on EBAY. Yeah, that would give me a pretty penny but then I'd have to dissapear someplace Dale couldn't find me and well, there is no such place.

Well, I guess I can't be a criminal, too much of a risk. I'd rather play the stock market or bet it on the pony's or just stay the sweet & innocent girl that I am. [face_devil]
    HEY! Where's the angel with halo face on this website? I protest! @*! I'm not a devil! Well, good night Star Wars land! Sleep tight and May the Force guide you & watch over you.

Melanie

12. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Well I really wanted to write a brand new post on here but I might as well take up room on our random topic...

Hmmm, I guess there's nothing really to write about, but since BRANDON wanted me to post (it has been a long time) I guess I will write a long post about NOTHING!

I hope all of you guys had fun at the meeting. I'm sorry I missed it, but I had a solo to perform at Timber Creek High School (out in the boonies on Alafaya Trail). Fortunately, all my hard work paid off as I got a superior rating and can call myself the trombone queen. Not really...

I'd also like to welcome all the new members that have arrived within the past couple of weeks. It's awesome to see this thing growing. Don't forget to send in your profiles and such to me so I can add them to the site. Http://orlandosystem.cjb.net

I heard that another meeting is planned in a couple of weeks. Turns out I'm busy again. Stupid college auditions...ARGH! I'm actually leaving for Pittsburgh on Wednesday to audition at Duquesne, and then I'm driving down to audition at James Madison in Virginia. I get to come back Tuesday the 17th... Then I have two auditions at FSU and UF the two saturdays after that, respectively.

It seems to me like I will not get to see most of you until Megacon. I guess I can survive? Hehehe. No, but seriously, it will be fun. Unless my stupid band screws up scheduling again and I have to go to MPA on the 6th... Either way I will make it, right Brandon?

By the way, make sure to send stuff in so I can send the next issue of our wonderful newsletter!

13. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    We missed you at the meeting Stef. Have fun globetrotting. I hope you know how to pronounce Duquesne- because it's not pronounced the way it looks like it is prounounced- the Q has like a k sound to it. My favorite show is on! Cheaters!!! You guys should watch this! It is about- of course cheaters! It's filmed in the Dallas area! Sometimes I recognize some of the areas! I keep hoping to see people I recognize. Oh well.... later.

14. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    But if I send my profile information to Stefanie then the FBI may track me down!!! The safety of everyone involved I must remain anonymous! I'm not mental or anything, so don't be afraid.

. . .

Okay, be afraid. Be very afraid! :p

L8r

P.S. Congrats on your ranking, Stef, and good luck during your future auditions!

15. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Yeah I was voted most inferior! Sweet eh? Rogue are you a rogue agent and hence the word rogue in your moniker du jour? If the FBI comes looking for ya I will say that you are the Unapooper and not Roguescribner- that should throw them off your trail, savvy?

16. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    I thought I had booked marked your site Stefanie but can't find it and really have no desire to search all the postings to find it again. Could someone just give me the address?

Sorry I won't make the next meeting but I really have to go South & see my family. Besides you have to have someone to talk about who isn't there, right? Hey, Megacon is coming up in just a few more weeks!! Yea! From everything I'm told it's more impressive than FX was and that it's even more fun. I can't wait. Well, "talk" to you all later.

Melanie

17. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    http://orlandosystem.cjb.net

Here it is... now don't lose it.

18. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    Going with the random here . . .

SAILING THE RIVER TAM

Buzz inside certain Los Angeles law firms suggests that talent contracts are being hammered out, and they?re timed around a May start for an upcoming Universal feature about a starship captain, a space hooker, a mysterious preacher and a pair of fugitives named Tam. The bad news: under the scenario discussed, ?Firefly: The Movie? wouldn?t hit multiplexes until late 2005.

Man, I hope this happens. I'd prefer for the show to come back, but I'll take a movie!

L8r

19. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAMPBELL!!

Melanie

20. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    Happy birthday, Campbell!

[image=http://roguezeppo.com/images/birthday01.gif]

L8r

21. tristan458

tristan458 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2003
  22. tristan458

tristan458 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2003
    Happy Birhtday Campbell, even though you might not read this posting. What is it now 196? Posts I mean 196 posts not your age. Lol. Do a little dance... well you know the rest.

23. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    Hey, Campbell just left for his "birthday" dinner with his buddies so he'll be gone for a little bit. I've asked him to read the bottom of the January post so he can see everyone who's wished him a Happy Birthday. Cute cake! Dale, you pig! Oink! Didn't save any did you?

Melanie
    197 (ONLY 3 more to 200!) Come on people. We can do this!!

24. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Happy Birthday Cannibal!
    May your Campbell manchowder flow like the Orinoco river and your chi never taste of chai. Never be a shy guy- you should always try to be a sly guy with a gold gloved pimp hand. Never let the fickle finger of fate poke you in the eye and make you blind- or you will be one eyed like a cyclops- and no one likes the smell of dirty flip flops. If you ever find yourself listening to hip hop never cruise near a ghetto pit stop! They'll shank your ass and steal your gas! Never spend all your cash in one store, nor on one whore. Al Gore... yeah.. he can bore... but Cannibal you the animal. Follow my lead and you will see, you will live on into infinity.

composed by John Williams

Written and Directed by:

T.A. Barruckus

25. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    and beyond. Thanks for the wishes. It warranted a special appearance by yours truly. James, you should be a rapper- no one's ever composed that sort of birthday song for me. I'm going to keep the love alive by allowing the next post to be #200. Long live Pika's long thread.

....and like a portly Dark Knight, he disappeared into the inky shadows (and the Collecting Contingent).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.