main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Madison, WI January meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Forcebewitya, Jan 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    Well hello all, I hope you had a wonderful holiday season, and seeing it is now the New Year, and some of the stress has past I was thinking we should try to plan a meeting for this month so any ideas?

Forcebewitya!

2. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    I'm thinking since its really to cold to do anything, we just meet at the mall food court.
    We could always decide what to do from there.
    Though I doubt I'll be able to come Saturday the 17th, Friday the 23rd or Saturday the 24th. Due to work.
    Friday the 16th would be good as would Saturday the 31st.

3. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    How about we meet at the Mall again, on Sunday, Jan. 25th around 1pm? Or let's do lunch at 11am?

Just bring a pad of paper and a pencil... a good eraser would be good too.
    Why? Well, it's been a big question for a few months now... What about a logo?
    I say we brainstorm together on this. When we come up with something that we agree on, I could recreate it on my computer and email it to everyone for final approval.

What ya think?
    I'll be there that day no matter if you guys want to meet or not. Unless I get snowed in that day, of course.

See ya soon.

4. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Hey guys, sounds great. I'll do what I can to show up, but it all depends upon work. =\

5. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    sounds like a plan.
    I'll try and make it, I dont forsee anything happening that day

6. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Just bring a pad of paper and a pencil... a good eraser would be good too.
    Why? Well, it's been a big question for a few months now... What about a logo?
    I say we brainstorm together on this. When we come up with something that we agree on, I could recreate it on my computer and email it to everyone for final approval

sounds good to me. I would really like to see a logo for our group that would be really awesome, and a good way to bring in more people, I would assume. But yeah I think the 25th would work for me as well, ecspecially in the day. I'll keep you all updated though if something comes up, and I cannot make it. But I will definitly bring my sketch book. Hope it allw works out.

Forcebewitya!

7. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    as of right now I'll be free, there are monster trucks this weekend but I'm not listed

8. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    .....so what time is this going to be now? 11 or 1?

Forcebewitya!

9. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    I'll be there at 11am to have lunch. The "Official" meeting should probably be 1pm, but if you guys show up to have lunch with me, I wouldn't mind.

10. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    all right, sounds good. I probably will sleep till at least 11:30 but I'll be their sometime either 1 or maybe 12ish. And, I'll bring a sketchbook and pencil as well.

Forcebewitya!

11. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    I should be around anywhere between 11 and 1.

12. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Sorry I missed it guys. The joys of illness kept me away.

13. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    Sorry you weren't feeling well, Jon

Rouge Niner, Kel, Megan and I were the only ones who showed up. I guess Forcebewitya slept in a bit longer than he expected.

Anyway, we came up with a few ideas for logos. Some are a bit busy, but there were a couple that were a bit simpler and we did like them.

It would have been nice to have more ideas from others, but you guys weren't there. Made it difficult to choose from what we had too.

Well, what we decided to do was create four of the choices we liked best and email them out for a vote.
    I plan on working on them so that we have something to look at in Feb.

Brief decriptions:

#1 Cantina Bar Scene (bartender standing behind a bar with a neon sign saying "The Mad Ison Cantina" above it).

#2 Huge Coffee Mug (something huge like a beer stein without the top with our name printed on it's side).

#3 Bar Light (a four sided lantern type light with our name backlight on frosted glass).

#4 Mad Rabbit (A upper half of a cartoon type rabbit Rambo style, holding a blaster in one hand and a lightsabe in the other, with a bandolier across his chest).

I did do a #5 one, which wasn't picked, but thought it would be worth mentioning. It was a bust of a Hoth Rebel with our name across the glass of his goggles.

That was it for this meeting.

Next meeting will most likely be FilmCon. I might be going, if I am not away on vacation. I'll know more in a couple weeks.

14. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    Its a shame you missed it

15. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Rouge Niner, Kel, Megan and I were the only ones who showed up. I guess Forcebewitya slept in a bit longer than he expected.

heh, actually I did make it I just could not find anyone. So I just ate by myself, I came at about 12:30, but I say that next time we should have an EXACT time so we all are there at the same time. But yeah, I actually think that last one you mentioned sounded the coolest, but of course I haven't seen any of them. If you all wanted me to I could screen print one of the logos on a shirt and see what it looks like. But I would probably have to see it first. well we can talk more about it at Filmcon I guess. I'll be there all weekend, so anytime during would work for me other than if its on one of the pannel times.

Forcebewitya!

16. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    If you guys want to stop by my place on Sunday (before the Superbowl), we could talk more about the logos.

I thought everyone knew where in the foodcourt we meet. It has always been in the seating area closest to where the FYE (I think that was what it was called) used to be, and where the new bookstore and Starbucks is going to be. I really didn't see anyone else show up other than who I mentioned. Did you forget what we looked like? I know it's been a while, but sheesh! [face_laugh]

Anyway, PM me if you want to show up and for directions to my place. It doesn't matter if only one person wants to show up, that's OK by me.

Hope to see ya soon.

17. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    If you guys want to stop by my place on Sunday (before the Superbowl), we could talk more about the logos.

all right, I'll see if I can.

I really didn't see anyone else show up other than who I mentioned. Did you forget what we looked like? I know it's been a while, but sheesh!

hah, yeah I must have gotten there a little late, I stayed and watched my brothers basket ball game for awhile, shouldn't have. Well I would have recognized you if I saw you and I searched for quite sometime, before taking off my coat revealing the got blasters shirt, lol I thought that if any of you were there you would at least see that shirt like a red flag :D. So you probably were all gone, or I just didnt see you guys amidst the mass of people that were their...to many people. Anyway, I'll see if I can make it over to discuss the logos, I would really like to see your sketches of them.

Forcebewitya!

18. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    We were there from 12ish, when I arrived, until oh I want to say after 2, I know I bought KOTOR a few minutes before 3.
    I never saw you, I might have been ordering my food

19. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    hmmm that sucks, I cant believe I didn't see you all. Oh well, next time. Glad you bought KOTOR though, that game is AWESOME! you will love it, I know I do. Of course I never get a chance to play it ever, so I still haven't beaten it. oh well, I think I left around one becuase I thought everyone had left. I think if we have a set time next time, and if its not to packed I should be able to locate you guys.

Forcebewitya!

20. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    yeah hopefuly Barnes and Nobles will be open then we could meet there

21. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    "I'll be there at 11am to have lunch. The "Official" meeting should probably be 1pm..."

So there was a set time to meet. I guess the word "probably" shouldn't have been said, but the time was there.

I was there from 11:30 until we finished, which may have been around 2:45(?).

Anyway, that's done and gone. Time to think ahead now. PM me if you need directions to my address, and/or if you need my phone number.

See ya soon.

22. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    I still have the directions to your place

23. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    ok, so how many are gonna show up?

I would say that 2pm on Sunday will work for me. If you guys want a different time, just let me know.
    I check my email often, so don't be shy.

24. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    all right, two sounds good. I'm going to need directions though.

Forcebewitya!

25. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    Email sent to you, with directions.

Who is coming Sunday? Just Forcebewitya?

I'll be home all day, so let me know one way or another.

Thanks and see ya later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.