main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

January Meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by BIGGIE, Jan 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    The third Saturday of the month is the 17th, and we get Monday the 19th off.

2. BIGGIE

BIGGIE Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2003
    Any time is good with me

3. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    My mom will not be coming down until later in the month so I am able to do this meeting.

4. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I just got an e-mail about a Riddle Players set construction party the 17th from 0800-1800, so I guess I can't make the meeting :(

5. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Yeah- me too. Do you really think it will go all day like that? It says it ends at 6, maybe we could go do something afterwards. Perhaps go bowling again? That's an evening activity anyhow. My only concern is that it would totally cut into our weekend homework time. What do you guys think?

6. BIGGIE

Sep 21, 2003
    sounds good to me

7. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I think we could propose shoving a hot poker up biggie's butt and he'd be cool with it.

I wouldn't be able to do bowling that late this weekend. I have a launch Sunday so I'd have to be up around 8. I could probably go until midnight...

8. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Not that I can last bowling more than an hour or two anyhow- you know that. By the second game, I'm pooped. Cosmic bowling starts at 10, so we could have the meeting beforehand and then bowl a bit- and still be done by 12.

9. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    I wouldn't be able to either. With my family coming down, I want to spend some time with them. Let's just plan for next saturday since no one can say that they can go for sure. SOund good to everyone?

10. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Next Saturday I have to head to Jacksonville to pick up the Vac Machines. I could do something later that night probably, but I'm sure I'll be playing with my new toys [face_devil]

But, in the spirit of biggie, 'whatever, sounds good to me'

11. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    I can't do the following weekend either.

Hmmm...

It sounds like no matter what we do, there will be some sort of conflict.

Cat, are you sure you wouldn't be able to spend an hour or so with us on Saturday night?

12. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    If we have that Riddle Players thing all day on Saturday, then no. But otherwise,I'm sure I can spend an hour or two or maybe even bring them along with me.

13. jackdoud

jackdoud Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    Sat. the 17th there's a 40k rogue trader tournament at Oddessy Collectables so Sat. is not good for me. Otherwise I'm free this weekend or next though we do typically do 40k every Sat. from 1-whenever on the flight deck.

-Jack

14. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    What time Saturday? Would you be up for bowling at 10pm for a few hours??

15. BIGGIE

Sep 21, 2003
    red hot pokers :eek: , we will have none of that

16. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    so...

What's the word? I think the notice is too short for just about any meeting to be official this month. I could possibly do a next Saturday night (I think), but does anyone want to get together this Saturday night anyway? Perhaps bowl for a few hours? Watch some Farscape? Play some cards? I also brought my SWOT Trivial Pursuit back with me. Huh? Huh? HUH!?

17. jackdoud

jackdoud Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    i'm probably going to be at the store for most of the evening so bowling is out. i'm free sun and mon though. Have you worked on your blaster at all Q?

-Jack

18. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    haha, nope. It's still sitting in my scout boot :p I propose that for February's meeting we do a blaster/vac party!

Jayna, what did you think of Farscape? I know I threw you into the middle of it and you were probably a tad bit lost, but I was trying to go for some fun episodes. I still say once you watch the Liars, Guns, and Money trilogy you'd be hooked, and I thought I would save Crackers for Jack ;) (Jayna, Cat, and I watched A Clockwork Nebari and Scratch 'n Sniff).

4.2, Jan 27th!

19. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    I would still like to have our meeting on Saturday. So far, of the posting members, Jack is the only one who has said he would be unable to attend. Seeing as how we don't have a blasty load of official business anyhow, I don't think he'd be missing out on much. A small, quick meeting is better than none at all.

I propose that we get together at 9:30 or so, have a quick meeting, and then do a bit of bowling. It is not too late to make it official, I just need to announce it by tomorrow.

If anyone has any problems with this proposition, please let it be known. Otherwise I am going to go ahead and make it official.

Umm- what does 4.2, Jan 27th mean? I found Farscape significantly more interesting this time around than the last few times when I was watching parts of the first episode over and over. I think throwing me into it was a much better idea- despite the confusion. :)

20. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    it all sounds good to me

This is also the first time you actually sat down and watched, as opposed to playing cards or working on your saber (which is getting a nice price on e-bay, btw :) )
    As for 4.2, all of the Episode DVD are numbered by the season, then set number, so 4.2 is Season 4, DVD set 2, and it will be released January 27th. (Jack, if you're going to Suncoast, lemme know b/c I don't trust Best Buy anymore). Usually there are 5 episodes per set. This next set will include:
    Natural Election
    John Quixote (perhaps one of the best, and goofiest episodes)
    I Shrink Therefore I AM
    A Perfect Murder
    Coup by Clam

I wonder what would happen if I watched Crackers, Won't Get Fooled Again, Revenging Angel, and John Quixote all back to back? hmmmmmm...

oh yeah, and why am I now suddenly a pony?? How the frell did that come about? I don't know if I should be insulted or what!

21. BIGGIE

Sep 21, 2003
    ah...yah.... i might be with jack sat to... yah... because a spot or two opened in the turny jack is playing in so i might be playing as well. but this is not Official, and i might not be able to bowl sence i have a good deep cut/gash at the tip of my bolwing thumb, so... if i am not in the turny or gust sucked and r out of it early i can go.

22. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Well blast! Is this tourny going to be a regular event?

23. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Well, in that case, there will be no official meeting this weekend. We could still (however many of us are left) get together for a couple hours and watch a movie or Farscape of something. Whatever. I just feel bad for not having something.

24. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    heyo, I read 'watch' and 'Farscape' all in the same sentance. I'm all over that like a fly on dren. I'll probably be building sets all day, so I don't know how eager I would be to bowl. But yeah, Farscape, yeah!

What is everyone doing this Monday? Maybe it would be possible to meet during the day sometime???

25. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Here's an idea, why don't we all get together and wash Jayna's car!?

Also, I've just been informed that the launch I was going to Sunday morning has now been moved to Saturday afternoon. I don't know how that effects plan other than I can't do RP stuff all day, but I'll post if anything else comes up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.