Madison, WI January Meeting

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Forcebewitya, Jan 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forcebewitya Jedi Master

star 4
    I wasnt sure if we were counting the New Years get together as a meeting for December or January but I figured I'd make the thread for January since well probably want to meet before the end of this month. I guess I just need to know what day at what time works best for everyone and I'll take that day off work but the sooner the better. It will have to be at least two weeks from now. Let me know what day, and we'll colaborate.

Forcebewitya.
  2. ROGUE_NINER Jedi Master

star 4
    Off the top of my head I should be free any day except for the 18th and maybe the 27th
  3. Forcebewitya Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok so I worked tonight and the best time that works for me is

Sunday January 21st anytime ( took off for it) let me know if that works for anyone other than that I'm free Monday, Wednesday and Friday nights.

Forcebewitya.
  4. Rick_Sith Force Ghost

star 3
    I'm available on the 21st at any time.

There! I said it first!:p Who's next?
  5. SkyeLightrider Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Nat and I will be there. Just say where and a more accurate version of when :p
  6. Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR

star 6
  7. ROGUE_NINER Jedi Master

star 4
  8. Rick_Sith Force Ghost

star 3
    Yeah, where and what time, Brent?[face_whistling]
  9. Forcebewitya Jedi Master

star 4
    Well I dont want it to be totally up to me heh, I lean more to the east side since I live on the east side but if the majority wants to do another on the west side thats fine by me. As for a location we could choose the usual borders (or barnes and noble on the west side) or something new...There's actually a nice resturante that opened up close to my house called Cloud 9 its a bit expensive but they have a nice area on the second floor that would be a perfect meeting setting. They have couches, and small tables similiar to a coffee shop setting. If we did meet up there though we'd probably just order something small since there isnt much space to have a huge meal up there.

Anyway thats my suggestion it could be something different? Let me know what you all think and we can go from there. As for a time I'd say like 2 would work well for me.

Forcebewitya.
  10. ROGUE_NINER Jedi Master

star 4
    I kind of like the idea of a meeting on the East side too, easier to get around and I know were everything is, but thats me. It is nice to see other places on the west side though
  11. resnictem Force Ghost

star 2
    East side sounds good. 21st sounds good. Those of us that depend on the blue and cream limosine (aka the bus) can get to Cloud 9?
  12. SkyeLightrider Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I am not sure if Cloud 9 is such a good idea.

I remember when I was part of the RMFF that we had gotten into some heat for picking locations where you had to pay for something to get in or stay in. FF meetings aren't supposed to cost anything.

I'm fine with the Borders or anywhere else around the east mall.
  13. ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Gotta second Bevin's thoughts here. It'd be like meeting at Fazoli's and someone just eating the free breadsticks. If we meet somewhere, it should be more of an area where hanging out and being social is accepted. If we meet somewhere with the intention of eating and meeting, it should be a unanimous decision due to cost to everyone attending.

Or an alternative idea, if we meet somewhere that is an eatery, we only go for maybe 30 minutes. Afterwards, we meet somewhere that is conducive to just chilling and can then accomodate everyone.
  14. Forcebewitya Jedi Master

star 4
    Well its up to you guys, I just know that my mom's group of friends have had numerous book club meetings there and it seems to work fine. Just trying to do something new....but Borders is fine too it always works.

Forcebewitya.
  15. AilesArgentees Jedi Knight

star 1
    There's a brand new Victor Allen's that just opened up on the east side next to East Towne Suites. They have a nice area for small group meetings.

As for the 21st, that works for Elise and I as well.
  16. ROGUE_NINER Jedi Master

star 4
    I've seen that place, right next to the new Texas Roadhouse. That might work
  17. Forcebewitya Jedi Master

star 4
    I think that should be fine, I have to talk with my work though since they scheduled me on the 21st ugh! I seriously hate my job. Just checking, is the 21st indeed a Sunday? I thought it was but that may be where the confusion came from...I dont know I'm sure it will still work though.

Forcebewitya.
  18. ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Yes, the 21st is a Sunday. I'll see if I can make it. I just found out that Best Buy is getting in a Wii shipment that day and it may require me to do the "Camp out all night just so I can get a Wii" plan. If that's the case, I'm going back home after acquisition, thawing out, and then sleeping.
  19. ROGUE_NINER Jedi Master

star 4
    Hopefully you can get that straightened out.
  20. SkyeLightrider Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    See, I camped out Nov 19 :p Got mine two months ago.

Okay 21st, have we set a time and place? Someone just say something and lock it down. Preferably Brent.
  21. Forcebewitya Jedi Master

star 4
    Just throwing it out there would 7 O clock work on Sunday? That way if I cant get off work I'll only be 30 minutes late. If that doesnt work we can still meet earlier (I am going to get off work, I seriously hate menards). So here's the time and place I'm throwing out if this doesnt work speak now or forever hold your peace.

Sunday Jan. 21st at 7:00 PM.

Good luck on the Wii John it's SOOOOO worth it I LOVE MY Wii (yeah I got one Bevin). I dont think you'll have to camp out all night John...I mean I havent been looking for one myself but everyone that has got one after launch including myself has got there a few hours (or minutes in my case) before they open. Dont take my word for it though.

Forcebewitya.
  22. Rick_Sith Force Ghost

star 3
    Brent! I see the time and date, but WHERE?[face_thinking]

Is it gonna be Borders on the East side or the Victor Allen's (also on the East side)?

7pm should be fine for me.

Jon... I might be seeing you at B.B.
    I feel the need to go Wii![face_dancing]

:D
  23. SkyeLightrider Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    May name has no i in it Brent... :p Oh, and I got the first gun painted. I'm not too happy with it, but I'll bring it to show, see if you have any tips for making number 2 better.

As for the Wiiness, is this because your daughter got a kick out of it at my place on New Year's Rick?

I say Borders.
  24. ROGUE_NINER Jedi Master

star 4
    Boarders might be best at 7pm, I for one don't know when Victor Allan's closes on Sunday
    I'll likely be there around 6 though if anyone wants to be early
  25. Forcebewitya Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah I realized I forgot to set a place lol sorry. Yeah I'd like to see how the gun turned out! (sorry about the name, I know how that is SO many people call me Brett.) I'd say Borders too, I realized Victor Allens might close earlier too. What time does borders close?

Forcebewitya.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.