main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary January Meeting

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by echosevin, Jan 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    (it's been a few months since our last real one):

When: Sunday, January 27th
    Time: 4:30pm - 7:30pm
    Where: Superstore community room (Deerfoot Meadows Superstore, just off Deerfoot Trail S., by the IKEA). The room is located on the mezzanine level, at the front of the store - if you're not sure, just ask at customer service.
    What: *Welcome new members; *Upcoming events - Edmonton toy show {at a new venue}; *Jaeger's upcoming FF/501st spring BBQ; *Calgary Comic & Expo, and .....??; *socialize!!!; *.....and???

NOTE: Please note, that because we are using Superstore's facilities, they require ALL FOOD AND BEVERAGES to be bought IN THEIR STORE, the DAY OF the MEETING. The meeting room has a microwave, stove and oven - cutlery, plates and cups are provided. If we don't adhere to their request, we could be denied use of the room. My suggestion would be to show up at 4, buy your stuff, and then head up to the meeting room at 4:30.

Any questions or concerns, please feel free to post and ask.

2. StacyD

StacyD Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 6, 2006
    To quote the Brain: 'YES!'

Can't wait! [face_batting]

Stacy

3. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    Cool beans. I should be back from Edmonton by then.

4. DarthJaeger

DarthJaeger Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2005
    Woot!

This is so close to where I now reside!

Looking forward to it!

5. LEXIAL

LEXIAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    [face_laugh]Yeah a meeting day I can attend! Jay and I will be there! [face_alien_1]

6. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Visited the venue last night - it's really great! Loads of space and really well equiped.

Hope to see lots of you there - just be aware of the conditions of use posted above.

See you Sunday!

7. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    I'm still trying to get the day off. I should get an answer tomorrow night.

8. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    Well, it looks like I can't get make it. And "no", calling in sick is NOT an option.

I hope everyone has a good time, and that the new location works out for us.

9. TapeTrooper515

TapeTrooper515 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2007
    I will be there.

10. LordFuron

LordFuron Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2007
    Oh the irony!

I can't make this meeting due to the fact my wife is working at the very location we are meeting! Twist of fate or what? Make sure to harrass Wanita at customer service ;)

11. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Why can't you set foot in the same store your wife works at?

12. ShatirLavan

Sep 19, 2005
    ...the restraining order...sshhhh...

13. ShatirLavan

Sep 19, 2005
    Have a good meeting guys. I got in my car, and immediately said "NO FRAKKIN WAY am I going down to Deerfoot in this osik." So I went to Sobeys 2 blocks away and got tea and chicken noodle soup.

14. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Thanks to those brave 13 who forayed out and braved the cold weather last night. I understand these Hoth-like conditions kept many at home.

Dave - you could've brought your kids as there was plenty of room :)

It was great to get out and socialize after so long. We did discuss some upcoming events, but nothing concrete was decided as some information still needs to be confirmed.

Cam volunteered his home to host the February meeting, so please keep Tuesday, February 26 free (much thanks, Cam!!). Details to follow later in the month.

We really liked the space at Superstore so after Februaray's meeting, we will be alternating locations between the Coventry Hills location in the north and the Heritage Meadows location in the south, to make it fair for everyone.

15. StacyD

StacyD Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 6, 2006
    It was a great time and the venue is really quite nice. Can't wait for next time.

Stacy

16. Obi_Wan_Cody

Obi_Wan_Cody Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2007
    Sorry we missed the meeting. How was it? Is the new location any good? Did we miss anything important?
    Hopefully Karley and I can make it to the next one.

17. LordFuron

LordFuron Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2007
    Trust me I would love to bing the kids but when it's - 100 it's not worht the risk of injury. Also my car dosn't accomidate children well. Hopefully I can make the next meeting!

18. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    You didn't miss anything important, Cody. We went thru some upcoming event stuff and then socialized (which is the best part![face_mischief] ).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.