main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

January Stuff

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by Marold, Dec 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    I was thinking of Little Mountain. It's up behind the zoo. fun little place, if you don't go through the trees at the very end cause then you end up having to get a truck to get you back up to the top of the hill. There's also outside skating at Murray Park I think. I haven't been there since I was a Brownie.

2. merlin

merlin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]I'll go if we are sledding. And we need to have a meeting sometime to organize a few things. and the question of a website....[/color]

3. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    it's always about you isn't it. :p

4. merlin

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]Yup[/color]

5. greenmayo

greenmayo Jedi Youngling star 2

May 1, 2002
    No, actually, it isn't always about merlin. It's always about potbelly pigs and their lack of a meat market. For some reason though, no one seems to notice this but me.

6. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    My friend had a pig for a pet once. I think it was a potbelly one too. Rather cut, but it chased her dog so they got rid of it.

7. allenj456

allenj456 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    Hmmmm piiiig....

8. mini_pounce

mini_pounce Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 2002
    yeah, pogs were a GREAT fad... uh....

9. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    What time did we want to go at? Also if it doesn't snow by next Friday I say we go ice skating instead. Anyone know of some good places?

10. Tori_Dakk

Tori_Dakk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2002
    I wanna go in the snow...

11. ImDaBudge

ImDaBudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    WE can go to the cottonwoods heights rec center.... or the speed skating oval. Thosee would be good.

12. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    does anyone know the cost? or if they will give us some group rates?

13. Pounce

Pounce Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2002
    We can skate on my pond. Well, you all can skate on my pond and I'll sit back and laugh when you fall in. :D

DaPounce

14. merlin

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]I don't feel like skatin. Maybe I'll miss this one. [/color]

15. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Well it's not my fault there isn't any snow you know. :p

It might snow on Wednesday if it does, I'll check out the area I have planned and see how much snow there is there sometime on Thursday or whenever the snow stops. We will be doing the ice skating as an alternative to sledding. If we go sledding, I'll bring the hot chocolate and donuts.

16. mini_pounce

Oct 19, 2002
    i just got back from a snowmobiling trip and uhm... there's LOTS of snow up by park city and i think i saw a sledding place.. it looked really cool too, just a thought...

da-MINI-pounce :D

17. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    you really think my car is going to make it up Parley's?

18. ImDaBudge

ImDaBudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    I could probably drive us.

Are we looking at Saturday?

I think skating is between three and five bucks, we can always call beforehand.

19. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I was going to call and get group rates for other areas. If we go ice skating instead of sledding, we could always come back to my house and have hot chocolate and donuts and then have some sort of 'planning meeting'. How does that sound? What times are good for everyone?

20. mini_pounce

Oct 19, 2002
    but... if we go iceskating oogy boogy bum bum bum boy won't come. Who will I have to throw snowballs at then!?

21. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    The Goat? Remember, ice skating is just an alternative incase it doesn't snow.

22. merlin

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]There's plenty of snow up in the Park city area. they have a Sledding/Tubing park up there around the Parley's summit, before you get to the Park City exit. They even have snow making machines to make their own snow. I'd say let's do that. My truck can take one person up, and maybe Rob or Amy can take a few people? I dunno. sounds fun to me. but it depends on if it is this saturday or not. Believe it or not, I have plans again this saturday. :([/color]

23. mini_pounce

Oct 19, 2002
    YOU LIE! (about the plans part) but I must agree that there is plenty of snow up there. snow. FUn.

~MIni-pouncish...er...ish...~

24. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Lets do park city then. And yes it is this weekend. i have work next saturday and we've already said it will be this weekend. What time do we want to go and where do we want to met? It's up to you guys, I'm not in the mood to battle. Donating blood this time around has kind of made me sick.

25. merlin

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]Well, sorry guys. I'll be in HOUSTON lookin at apartments this weekend. :p[/color]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.