main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Janus Greejatus and Jabba... who'd have ever thought?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by LelalMekha, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Lumiyas_Head

Lumiyas_Head Jedi Master star 2

Jul 10, 2007
    ...or it's just a really, really popular style of hat?

2. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Could be the case too, of course. ;-) But I think it's always a plus to attribute a known identity to a background character, which is why I love the "Rogue gallery" feature of the Star Wars Insider. And since they probably reused the original prop, I think it would be a cool tribute to let this guy be Greejatus. If you add the same tastes in colors and their similar squarish faces, I think it works perfectly. Seems a bit too much to be a pure coincidence.

3. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Jabba the Hutt was allied with Darth Plagueis as Hego Damask... perhaps Janus Greejatus was doing some work for Palpatine, who was doing something for his master? Plagueis was still alive at this time, preparing to become Co-Chancellor.

4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Now this does sound like an interesting possibility.

5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    This is one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. I thought this thread would just be some random Lit retcon apropos of nothing -- and while those are fine, hilarious documentary evidence of someone dressed like Greejatus is beyond my wildest dreams.

I love the look on pseudo-Greejatus's face too -- he looks like he's been caught out on candid camera. "What! I'm totally not high on drugs and being supplied with prostitutes by the Hutts... honest!!"

6. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    He is obviously drinking during that scene, and discussing casually with that other guy. Wouldn't that be *awesome* if it were Greejatus? I can't wait to see what Leland's gonna answer.

7. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    I approve of this thread.

So... either Greejatus is way, way ahead of galactic fashion trends, or way, way behind. :p

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  8. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Seems interesting that no-one ever noticed it before.

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  9. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Mh... Or it may have been some kind of traditional garb of office in the Chommell sector? Many of the Emperor's courtiers wore clothes made of purple and velvet-like material. And most of them were part of the Naboo Senatorial Delegation that represented the whole Chommel sector in the Republic Senate: Janus Greejatus, Sate Pestage, Ars Dangor... [face_thinking]

Maybe somebody has. In which case I may start feeling a little bit stupid. :p

10. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    It does seem like exactly the sort of Easter egg Lucas would include.

11. Obie-2-Kenobi

Obie-2-Kenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 18, 2008
    I had the same sort of thing happen a few days ago. I was watching ROTJ and noticed that during the scene where Luke walks down the steps into Jabba's palace a thing that looks an awful lot like Sebulba walks in right before him. I'd never noticed it before, and it happens so fast that it is really easy to miss. Was it Sebulba or just another Dug? Anyone know?

12. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    [​IMG]

As far as I know, it's an unidentified Dug that has been added in to the blu-ray release of Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi. While that Dug was never identified, his character model is that of Seboca, who appeared in Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones.

13. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
  14. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011

I don't care how "small" this makes the galaxy, that has to be Greejatus and he has to be doing something extremely embarrassing.

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  15. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    He's Gardulla's paramour.

16. JediMasterKeno

JediMasterKeno Jedi Grand Master star 1

Apr 22, 2000
    Well I wouldnt be surprised if Janus happened to be wandering around on Tattooine when the Boonta Race was going on. Even in the Darth Plageous novel Palpatine interacted with Janus here and there in the novel.

17. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

SAME PERSON!

Starkeiller and instantdeath like this.
  18. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    I will never understand how people are able to watch The Phantom Menace enough times to pick up things like this :p

Yes, I'm being totally hypocritical here.

19. The_Phantom_Calamari

Nov 10, 2011

I don't know, TPM isn't exactly a great movie, but it's not like it's unwatchable. I think over a decade of Internet hyperbole and fanboy rage has obscured the fact that TPM isn't actually a two-man show featuring Jake Lloyd and Jar Jar Binks engaging in endless space tax discussions.

Starkeiller likes this.
  20. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

TMP is perfectly watchable and imho actually the most fun of the PT Movies. :)

Starkeiller likes this.
  21. The_Phantom_Calamari

Nov 10, 2011

I do actually like it better than AotC. And I like AotC.

I'm one of those sad prequel apologists who has to keep his opinions to himself in the real world lest he be endlessly mocked and ridiculed by friends and co-workers. It's amazing, really. You can say you enjoy those awful Transformers movies and people will just go, "Those movies are terrible, but whatever. Different tastes and all." But if you say you enjoyed the Star Wars prequels, people will get downright hostile.

Starkeiller likes this.
  22. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Aotc was an outright terrible movie experience for me back in the days, the only saving grace of that movie is the Obi-Wan sub plot, as neither the war thing nor Young Vader actually go anywhere, whilst TMP is pretty self contained and the story at least went somewhere. Whilst I did not bother with going to the cinema for ROTS, though it is much better then AOTC I still enjoy TMP way more.

23. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    :eek:

TC

Starkeiller likes this.
  24. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Oh, it's watchable, sure, and I do have a soft spot for it, since I loved it when it came out (especially since I was 9)... but it is a fairly mediocre film. And for me personally, it's not a very rewatchable movie. Coming back to it every few years is fun, but I couldn't imagine making it a regular.

TPM is miles better than AOTC, though, and not just because of Liam Neeson. I consider AOTC one of the worst blockbuster films of the decade.

I'm the opposite. You like the prequels, whatever, they're a bit of a guilty pleasure for me as well. You like the Transformers movie, though, I might begin to question your mental health :pAnd I don't care one single bit for Transformer as a franchise; I just think Michael Bay is the antichrist of filmmaking.

25. Danzo

Danzo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2012
    I'm curious who the guy stood next to him is. His clothes have the Catholic bishop vibe that Nilo Rodis-Jamero put into the clothing of Janus and Sim Aloo. They're quite different from what Aloo wore though so presumably not him.