main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Japanese Game Shows on SpikeTV

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by TK-4752, Mar 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK-4752

TK-4752 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 20, 2002
    They started at 9pm!!! They'll be on til 10!!! GO WATCH!!!

2. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    It's to wierd for me, it only keeps my interest for like 3 minutes. I can't believe people are that dumb & what are they playing for, I've never watched long enough to find out.

3. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    I really don't think they win ANYTHING. Maybe they get money, or just the sheer glory of having survived. I can't ever pull myself away from the TV when those game shows are on. It gives me some sort of comfort to know that there are people out there willing to go to even greater lengths than myself to keep themselves from being bored...

Japanese game shows...

Lumberjack championships...

Mud bog racing...

Car rollover competitions...

Have you ever seen ESPN at 4am??? That's some HIGH QUALITY programming there. LOL.

4. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    MOST EXTREME ELIMINATION CHALLENGE with KENNY BLANKENCHIP!!

This show is FRIGGIN HILARIOUS!!! :D

5. tman

tman Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 2, 2001
    LOL TK.....

I didn't think people watched that show. I gave it about 5 min and couldn't take it any more ;)

6. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    It's hilarious! Rachel and I couldn't stop laughing! Even our little girl was like, "OOoo! Ow! Doh!" whenever somebody would crack their head open on something. LOL. [face_laugh]

Or maybe it's just me. I spent most of my teen angsty years doing those sports where people lose fingers, limbs, eyes, teeth, and you always have a great laugh watching one of your friends fall off a cliff...

...Until, of course, it's your turn, because the only reason they fell off the cliff in the first place was because you dared them to do something they shouldn't, on the conditions that you'll do it if they did.

We need these game shows here! I'd even run one!

And TOMORROW, April 1st, they're doing a WHOLE MARATHON of them starting at 9am!!! WOOHOO!!!

7. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    dude , i love that show ! any time i can watch people willingly jack themsevs up i have a good time !

8. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    I love that show. the names they give them. Its great how they almost kill themselves. It reminds me alot of some patients I have had. When somebody starts the story with " well we thought it would be fun to ..." i have a little chuckle inside me.

9. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    ..." i have a little chuckle inside me.

[face_shocked]

get him out you jerk!!! why did you eat chuckle!!!

10. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    [face_laugh]

this show is a shop favorite. The Kenny Blankenchip Painful Eliminations of the Day makes the whole show worth it...

And the stuff they dub over the people talking is just plain hilarious. We watch this show all the time in the shop.

11. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Yeah, the dubbings are great. Last night when through all the "Yay!" and "I'll rock on all of you!" they had one that was a dry, monotone "I intend to be successful," and something about it kept me laughing for the remainder of the show.

Don't forget!!! All Day April 1st is the marathon!!!

12. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Just reminded Jeff, he's all happy. He only has to work for a little while today, shop for some more tools so he may have plenty of time to watch TV.

Me on the other hand, have to train a new person today. But I'm happy, I get to give one of my jobs away :D

13. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    One of the hosts on that show is Takeshi Kitano isn't it? If not, that guy looks identical to him.

14. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    I dunno. The dubbed names are different, and there's not enough chaos on the screen during the credits to keep my attention long enough to see anyone's names. :D

15. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    Ok, I did research. It IS Takeshi Kitano. I guess it comes from his show "Takeshi's Castle" or something like that. For that reason alone, I will watch it. Beat Takeshi is the MAN. Not to mention they're actually going to release the new Zatoichi, starring and directed by him, in the U.S.! Pretty sweet stuff!

16. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    On the show they call the hosts Kenny Blankenchip and Vic Romano (yeah, obviously their real names, lol)

17. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    And they're releasing the next season on the 22nd!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.