Japanese Rebirth Cover

Discussion in 'Literature' started by PrinceXizor, Oct 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arabwel Jedi Knight

star 2
    That cover is simply wow... I think that if I had not dropped Japanese from my curriculum, I'd get those books because of the covers...

Or not. Original is always better than a translation. Believe me, I know.

Ara
    (Odd, having a headache, and on a bad mood)
  2. RingoJuna Jedi Knight

star 3
    I still think it'd be neat if they put Godzilla on one of their covers ;)
  3. Rogue_Starbuck Jedi Master

star 4
    Ha, or maybe Mothra... ;)

I like the cover. Mara looks like she's had abit too much spice..... :p

....or maybe in the middle of a t'landa Til Exultation :D
  4. jastermereel Jedi Master

star 4
    This is the first Japanese cover i've really liked......don't get me wrong...i've really enjoyed all of the other ones...but this is the first time i strongly think that it works far far far far far far far far far better...than the U.S. cover......even on the little things...ex: why the heck is Mara holding a gun looking grungy and pissed on the U.S. one?...she is supposed to be deatly ill and in pain as can be seen on the Japanese one......also the stylized nature of Anakin's saber divividing the image in half counter to its natural vertical devision looks great......i just wish it had Corran on it as he was a major player...more so than Lando...and it'd be nice to have a good quality image of him...I, jedi was ok but a little strange...and i personaly can't see Stackpole as corran......

B.T.W....does anyone else find the name Givin wierd?...anyone prounounce it any way other than...given?...
  5. PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Gaïïïïvahaïïïn. Why ? ;)

Huh, no, I pronounce it Given.
  6. JadedofMara Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry about that Xizor...I was posting really late and was really really tired and was studying for a chem test.... :D :) Forgive me!
  7. PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Consider yourself completely forgiven. :D
  8. Skydancer Jedi Knight

star 2
    I too like this Japanese cover, it has more details than the US ones. To the one who said that Mara looked too young for 46, I only have one word - Madonna. She's about the same age as Mara Jade and she just had two children.
  9. jade-sabre Jedi Knight

star 2
    I really love the Japanese covers. It is nice to actually SEE portraits of the characters in the books (i.e. All of the solo kids). Since each book seems to take place on one planet these days, it is also nice to see portraits of the race of people from the particular planet.

Help! I have a nice sized picture of each of the Japanese covers save on my computer for a future collage, except for the cover to Conquest. I can only find a thumbnail sized picture for this cover art. Does anyone have a url to a large, normal-sized picture for this cover? I would sure appreciate it! Thank you in advanced.
  10. LoveisSuicideSP Jedi Master

star 4
  11. Muke_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    My God... It looks like a movie poster.. It's so beatiful.. It's like NJO the movie or something!

I havent seen a Star Wars cover this beatiful since Drew Struzan was painting them. Struzan was of course the guy who did the posters for the SW movies as well... The Japanese artist has captured a Struzanesque look.

My God... Any way they could send our covers to Japan and we could get theirs?
  12. Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I like the cover, but like several others, I think Anakin looks too old to be 16 or 17.
  13. jade_angel Jedi Master

star 4
    Once again, these Japanese NJO covers blow me away. They're all so wonderful, and I'm glad the Japanese covers aren't so deceptive as the US books, you would have thought Luke and Mara would have had more screen time in Rebirth since they're the featured characters on the front, but noooooooo!
  14. Alderaan_ Jedi Master

star 4
    I love it. IMO all the Japanese covers are better than the regular ones. They tell more, even if they copy a lot.
  15. EnforcerSG Jedi Master

star 4
    Forgive my lack if knowlage, but which one on the cover is Ani's girlfriend, T something. I am bad with names, especally from Sci-Fi when you can bairly say them.
  16. ReaperFett Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Tahiri. It is basic for "liability" :)

It's the girl behind Anakin I believe.

I bet if you showed people that pic of Anakin, and asked who it was, 90% would say Corran or Kyp
  17. EnforcerSG Jedi Master

star 4
    Thats HER?!?!? I thought that was Jacan, or Jacan was in the front and Ani in the back?!?!?
  18. Qwi_Xux Force Ghost

star 4
    Yup, that's her. I personally don't think she looks like a guy...but she did chop off her hair, so that's why it's short on this cover, and long on the Japanese cover of Conquest.
  19. PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff

VIP
    star 5
    jade-sabre

Here's the Japanese cover for Conquest. It's not as good as the other cover's scan, but it's quite 'big' and should do it.

[image=http://www.lestimbres.ch/nonrelated/Conquest.jpg]
  20. RogueMonCalamari Jedi Knight

star 2
    the only bad thing about the conquest japanese cover is that Ikrit looks like a little fuzzy stuffed animal. I thought he was supposed to be like a bear. Brown fur.
  21. ForceAlly Jedi Knight

star 2
    No, that's Master Ikirt allright. You can see his image on the cover of JJA #1 The Golden Globe.
  22. RogueMonCalamari Jedi Knight

star 2
    I stand corrected. My little Ikrit experience is in Conquest.
  23. ForceAlly Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hmmm... I have always think that's what Ikrit looks like, white fur, cat size, round eye and floopy ear. But that's from the old days reading JJK. Should read the descriptions in Conquest again....
  24. ReaperFett Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    when readin Conquest, I imagined Evil the Cat from Earthworm Jim :)
  25. Qwi_Xux Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks for the pic, Xizor...I used to have it, but my comp. had to be wiped and I didn't save it to a floppy, and then I couldn't find it anywhere!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.