Beyond Japor -- Complete: Thanks for the Noms! Taking suggestions for excerpts.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kidan, Feb 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare

VIP
    star 6
    Mara: (flexes and stretches) "I don't really notice much difference."

Luke: "I... uhh. Thank you, Ben. That was the smartest thing anyone's ever done."

Jacen: "..."

So, let's see, Kidan. Ben killed Jacen, and took the Force away from Luke. That's a pretty positive outcome, if you ask me.

Mara losing an arm, and the Force, is going to make her tetchy, but I part of me hopes that her and Luke can re-learn to love each other, now... :)

Of course, Lumiya has taken Jysella, and Ben, being Ben, is chasing straight after (the red shuttle was a nice touch, btw)...

... begging the question: just whose body is Anakin in over in Pleasure & Pain?! :eek: o_O [face_laugh]

- The Imperial Ewok
  2. Eleventh_Guard Force Ghost

star 5
    :oops: I didn't even think of that... uh-oh, spaghetti-os.

So Jacen is really, truly dead. [face_worried] :( :_| But it had to happen. I kind of hope he shows up as a blue pre-Traitor ghostie, but since he wasn't exactly redeemed...

Then again, who knows? what will happen? [face_mischief]

Luke and Mara being stripped of the Force is interesting. I do hope that they will regain it... perhaps when someone can learn up to Jacen's level and undo the damage that he did. Ben would be a good candidate for this. It will have an effect on the Jedi Order, for sure, now that Luke is effectively out and a few other possible Masters dead, but surely someone can step up to the plate?

And now Lumiya is here. How very curious! She's up to something - and has been. I wonder how much of what, though. Damn. This story is addictive. :)

3. Kidan TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 5
    DARTH_MU
    So in order to remove the Krath or whatever, Luke and Mara had to be stripped of the force?:_|
    Right, Jacen had put them in a Krath Mind Control, which worked based on force ability (the stronger they are, the stronger the compulsion)...Ben couldn't get them out, so he removed that which allowed it to work from them...the Force.

Lola64
    Ok. How the heck did I miss that much? I haven't read this at all after the April Fool's post? :confused: Bad stalker. [face_shame_on_you]
    Yes..that is a bad stalker! That makes 6 posts you've missed!...[face_shame_on_you] but you're here now! [:D]

Glad that Jacen was killed. I never liked him anyway.
    [face_laugh]

But that whole stripping his parents of the force? :eek: OMG! How's the Jedi Order going to survive without their GrandMaster?
    Aye, just how is it going to do so.....

And now Jysella's been taken right under Ben's nose? Go get her Ben. You can take Lumiya on.
    Of course...couldn't have things go TOO easy for Ben now could we?

Great updates. I'm going to try, notice the word try here, not to get so far behind anymore.
    You can do it! Yes you CAN! </Bob the Builder>

Thrawn McEwok
    Mara: (flexes and stretches) "I don't really notice much difference."
    Luke: "I... uhh. Thank you, Ben. That was the smartest thing anyone's ever done."
    Jacen: "..."

[face_laugh]

So, let's see, Kidan. Ben killed Jacen, and took the Force away from Luke. That's a pretty positive outcome, if you ask me.

Mara losing an arm, and the Force, is going to make her tetchy, but I part of me hopes that her and Luke can re-learn to love each other, now... :)

That's my view of it as well...Luke an Mara sans Force is a good thing...but that doesn't mean that they agree with that or that Ben will see it that way....

Of course, Lumiya has taken Jysella, and Ben, being Ben, is chasing straight after (the red shuttle was a nice touch, btw)...
    Like I said to Lola, we're not done yet, so we can't be nice to Ben...(thanks!)

... begging the question: just whose body is Anakin in over in Pleasure & Pain?! :eek: o_O [face_laugh]
    [face_laugh]Anakin's

Eleventh_Guard
    I didn't even think of that... uh-oh, spaghetti-os.
    :D

So Jacen is really, truly dead. [face_worried] :( :_| But it had to happen. I kind of hope he shows up as a blue pre-Traitor ghostie, but since he wasn't exactly redeemed...
    yeah...not much chance of him popping up as a blue-ghostie....but a Sith spirit...

Then again, who knows? what will happen? [face_mischief]
    *raises hand* uhmm..i do.:p

Luke and Mara being stripped of the Force is interesting. I do hope that they will regain it... perhaps when someone can learn up to Jacen's level and undo the damage that he did. Ben would be a good candidate for this. It will have an effect on the Jedi Order, for sure, now that Luke is effectively out and a few other possible Masters dead, but surely someone can step up to the plate?
    maybe...maybe not...but we'll see what happens...

And now Lumiya is here. How very curious! She's up to something - and has been. I wonder how much of what, though. Damn. This story is addictive. :)
    She's a Sith, of course she's up to something.....and I'm glad you're enjoying your addiction so..:p

4. Draconarius Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh, no, JYYYYYSSSSSS!!!!!!!:_| [face_worried] :_|

Go get her, Ben! Wipe Lumiya off the face of the universe! KILL HER!:mad:

And, Kidan, please don't kill Jys. You just can't do that to poor Ben, you can't.:_|

MORE, please! This story is so addictive. I think I might go into withdrawal sypmtoms once it finishes....[face_worried]

Draco.:D
  5. Kidan TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Draconarius
    Oh, no, JYYYYYSSSSSS!!!!!!!:_| [face_worried] :_|

Go get her, Ben! Wipe Lumiya off the face of the universe! KILL HER!:mad:
    hmm..i take it you don't like Lumiya that much....

And, Kidan, please don't kill Jys. You just can't do that to poor Ben, you can't.:_|
    We shall see..

MORE, please! This story is so addictive. I think I might go into withdrawal sypmtoms once it finishes....[face_worried]
    [face_laugh] Well you can always re-read it to fight the withdrawal symptoms...

6. DARTH_MU Force Ghost

star 4
    Why is it no one catches on to the obvious?
    Shira could not have retrieved Jysella from Ben without waking him up.
    That leads to the natural conclusion...
    the rise of Darth Jys.

~~~

As Mu cradles Darth Jys, she opens her eyes and does force lightning on him.
    D.J.: You fool, Darth Jys is invincible!!!!! {Evil and stuff}
    Mu: Why?????
    D.J.: Who told you to love Tahiri, huh???: huh???
    Mu: ....
  7. Kidan TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 5
    DARTH_MU
    Why is it no one catches on to the obvious?
    Shira could not have retrieved Jysella from Ben without waking him up.
    That leads to the natural conclusion...
    the rise of Darth Jys.

Why couldn't Lumiya have gotten Jysella from Ben? His symptoms upon awakening are indicative that he had either been forcibly pushed into unconciousness through the Force, or was drugged into unconciousness.....

8. Imperial-Hippy Jedi Knight

star 3
    holy force weilding monkeys! (< see still in use :p) I FORGOT TO REPLY!!!

Luke and Mara dont have the force!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

apart of thinks "NOOOOOOOO!!!!!" but another part thinks [face_skull] [face_devil] i blame you and your evil writing for warping my fragile mind. [face_laugh]

i am also desturbed by the fact that the bond changed colour, what dose this mean? [face_thinking]

hmm i shoud have known better than to think you of all people would devlop such a strong realationship without using it for evil ends :p

well done Kidan
  9. Kidan TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Imperial-Hippy
    holy force weilding monkeys! (< see still in use :p) I FORGOT TO REPLY!!!

Luke and Mara dont have the force!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
    nope, they dont

apart of thinks "NOOOOOOOO!!!!!" but another part thinks [face_skull] [face_devil] i blame you and your evil writing for warping my fragile mind. [face_laugh]
    LOL! you know you wanted it warped anyhow...

i am also desturbed by the fact that the bond changed colour, what dose this mean? [face_thinking]
    we'll find out...

hmm i shoud have known better than to think you of all people would devlop such a strong realationship without using it for evil ends :p
    Of course, I wouldn't give him something that made him THAT happy unless I had some EVIL plans for it...

well done Kidan
    Thanks!
  10. DARTH_MU Force Ghost

star 4
    Right forced into unconsciousness or drugged by Darth Jys!

Darth Jys I tell you!

She'll kill us all!

After She disposes of my Shira, her rightful Master.
  11. Kidan TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 5
    DARTH_MU
    Right forced into unconsciousness or drugged by Darth Jys!
    Darth Jys I tell you!
    She'll kill us all!
    After She disposes of my Shira, her rightful Master.

[face_laugh] sure.....that's it...

I'm posting this chapter early because my son has a doctor's checkup at the ENT doc's. We get to find out if his earplugs have fallen out yet or not.

post will be up in a minute
    />
  12. Kidan TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Chapter 26

I got back to the temple, and headed straight for the Skate.

There beside her was my first hurdle to getting Jysella back, Jedi Master Kyp Durron.

As I walked onto the landing field he started walking closer, the anger he wears like a mask coming off of him in waves.

He stopped in front of me and said, "Padawan Skywalker, I would like an explanation of your actions."

I walked around him.

At any other time, I would have probably laughed at the outrage and shock that came off him when I did that, that day, I just did not have it in me.

Master Durron reached out and grabbed me with the Force. "I want some answers!"

I turned on him, and could feel my guard slip a little, letting out some of my anger and frustration. I knew that he had not really done anything deserving of my anger, but at that point my worry and fears overruled my common sense. "We all want something Durron. Now, are you going to get out of my way, or do I have to move you?"

Part of me really itched at seeing what the "Killer of Caridia" could do. I remembered rumors to the effect that he thought himself more powerful Force-wise than my Dad, at least back when my Dad could access the Force.

That dark voice in my head really wanted to see if he held more power than a Skywalker.

That dark voice screamed at me to put him in his place, to hurt him, to make him bleed and scream.

Before I got the chance, a voice of reason interjected. It was Jaina, her dark robes swirling around her, a veil covering her head and the top of her face. "Ben! Kyp! This is not how either of you should be behaving. Now Ben, we just want to know what you did to Uncle Luke and Aunt Mara."

I closed my eyes against the pain as I told them. I told them about returning on the Skate and finding Jacen alive. I told them of showing mom and dad the fake body in the morgue. I told them about the discussion with Jacen and Lumiya. I told them of Jacen admitting to doing all those terrible things to Tahiri, and told them how he had shared those vile images with me. I told them about the Krath, and how Jacen used one of their techniques to turn my parents into meaningless puppets. I told them about my fight with Jacen, and that I had killed him.

I could feel the horror that came off them, since it so closely felt like what I still held in my heart.

I told them of stripping the Force from my parents.

And finally I told them of Jysella being taken.

In the Force I could feel the sadness coming from Jaina. "Oh, Ben. I'm so sorry. We'll find her."

I looked at my cousin as I said "I know I will."

I felt Kyp drop his Force hold on me, and I started walking once more towards the Skate.

Jaina's voice was filled with pain and concern. "Where are you going?"

"To get Jysella back." I absently wondered when my voice had turned so cold and hard.

As I walked past Jaina, her voice was soft and light. "Ben, beware the Dark Side. Be mindful of what you have been taught. It can save you."

I looked at her and tried my best to not start crying again. "I will."

I then kissed her cheek and said, "You are no longer the 'Sword of the Jedi', now you are Miraluka. Your vision is what will guide the Order through the dark times ahead."

With that said, I walked the rest of the way to the Skate, went in and closed the ramp. Even with the ramp closed I could still feel Jaina's confusion at what I had told her, especially because it so mirrored my own confusion.

I didn't know why I had said that.

I didn't even know what a Miraluka was.

Pushing my conversation with Jaina out of my mind, I slipped into the cockpit and started the pre-flight checklist.

I closed my eyes and could see the bright golden string of our Force bond stretching off to the stars.

I launched the Skate and put her on a heading following the string. As I reached the point where Lumiya's ship entered hyperspace I pulled the levers making the jump.

I spent days tracking them through hyperspace in that way. My fears and
  13. Lola64 Force Ghost

star 4
    Yay. Kyp is in the story!!!

Hey, you made him that cocky arogant Jedi! *hugs* Thanks [face_love]

Yes, I know I'm far from normal.

Part of me really itched at seeing what the "Killer of Caridia" could do. I remembered rumors to the effect that he thought himself more powerful Force-wise than my Dad, at least back when my Dad could access the Force.

I guess he's more powerful now, now isn't he. :p

"You are no longer the 'Sword of the Jedi', now you are Miraluka. Your vision is what will guide the Order through the dark times ahead."

I never liked that she was stuck being Sword of the Jedi. Does this Miraluka have to do with something you're working on, a follow up?

I didn't know why I had said that.

I didn't even know what a Miraluka was.

Like father like son, eh?!

You know, for a minute there I thought wouldn't it be funny if dead/no longer dead Anakin Solo was the cloaked figure and your two stories would be tied together! Wishful thinking I know.

Here's to hoping Bennie gets out of this mess ok, Jysella too. [face_praying]
  14. Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare

VIP
    star 6
    [face_thinking] :D

And, tracking backwards to what you said before...

Kidan: That's my view of it as well...Luke an Mara sans Force is a good thing...but that doesn't mean that they agree with that or that Ben will see it that way....

Ben's... well, whatever else he is, he's Mara's son... [face_thinking] :D

Like I said to Lola, we're not done yet, so we can't be nice to Ben...(thanks!)

:( :p

[face_laugh]Anakin's

o_O ;) :cool:

- The Imperial Ewok
  15. DARTH_MU Force Ghost

star 4
    You see? Did I tell you or did I tell you? Darth Jys coming up next chapter to a Japor update near you!

16. Kidan TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Lola64
    Yay. Kyp is in the story!!!
    [face_laugh]

Hey, you made him that cocky arogant Jedi! *hugs* Thanks [face_love]
    of course I did...because Kyp IS that cocky arrogant Jedi...

Yes, I know I'm far from normal.
    don't worry, I wont tell...

I guess he's more powerful now, now isn't he. :p
    [face_laugh] Which is why Ben had to clarify that point...

I never liked that she was stuck being Sword of the Jedi. Does this Miraluka have to do with something you're working on, a follow up?
    Aye...Remember, a lot of the factors that I believe will cause LotF are already in play by this time...so we get something to replace LotF without all those meddlesome Jedi around.....that is if I ever get the stories written...

Like father like son, eh?!

You know, for a minute there I thought wouldn't it be funny if dead/no longer dead Anakin Solo was the cloaked figure and your two stories would be tied together! Wishful thinking I know.
    heh...as an avowed A/T'er...i can understand that wishful thinking perfectly...

Here's to hoping Bennie gets out of this mess ok, Jysella too. [face_praying]
    fear not, we will shortly know the outcome....only two more chapters, plus the epilogue...

Thrawn McEwok
    "[face_thinking] :D"
    :D:cool:

Ben's... well, whatever else he is, he's Mara's son... [face_thinking] :D
    True, but he will still feel SOMETHING over stripping his parents of the Force...

":( :p"
    [face_laugh]:D

"o_O ;) :cool:"

DARTH_MU
    You see? Did I tell you or did I tell you? Darth Jys coming up next chapter to a Japor update near you!
    And just exactly what makes you think Darth Jys even exists here???
  17. DARTH_MU Force Ghost

star 4
    Search your feelings. You know it to be true.
    It is useless to resist.
    It is the story's destiny.

Okay, enough c...
    anyway, Darth Jys exists because she took Ben away from Tahiri, his one true love.

18. Kissa Jedi Knight

star 3
    "You are no longer the 'Sword of the Jedi', now you are Miraluka. Your vision is what will guide the Order through the dark times ahead."

This is a better prohecy.:cool:

Anyway, very good posts.

Poor Luke and Mara losing the Force . . . but it was needed.

It should be interesting to see how this turns out.

19. Imperial-Hippy Jedi Knight

star 3
    humm ... arnt Miraluka's a race? how can you become one? unless the force was speeking in a metaphor ...

i still cant belive that Luke and Mara have lost the force, though it's another simerlarity with KOTOR 2, i guess you have played it, or heard about it; Miraluka's, force striped jedi, Jaina, described to look very much like Visa (sp?)

anyhoo great work, looking forward to a battle soon, how many chapters have you got left btw?

20. Kidan TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 5
    DARTH_MU
    Search your feelings. You know it to be true.
    It is useless to resist.
    It is the story's destiny.

Okay, enough c...
    anyway, Darth Jys exists because she took Ben away from Tahiri, his one true love.

hmmmm....you're really stuck on that Ben/Tahiri aren't ya...

Kissa
    This is a better prohecy.:cool:
    Anyway, very good posts.
    Thanks!

Poor Luke and Mara losing the Force . . . but it was needed.
    I agree!

It should be interesting to see how this turns out.
    not much longer to find out...:D

Imperial-Hippy
    humm ... arnt Miraluka's a race? how can you become one? unless the force was speeking in a metaphor ...
    yes they're a race, and the Force was speaking in metaphor...

i still cant belive that Luke and Mara have lost the force, though it's another simerlarity with KOTOR 2, i guess you have played it, or heard about it; Miraluka's, force striped jedi, Jaina, described to look very much like Visa (sp?)
    Aye, I have played it, though what happened to Luke an Mara is more along the lines of what Sunrider did to her boyfriend....the Exile is not Force-stripped so much as he pushed the Force away from himself....and Jaina is supposed to remind those that have played the game of Visas...

anyhoo great work, looking forward to a battle soon, how many chapters have you got left btw?
    fear not, we have fights in our future, and there are two more chapters, plus a half-chapter epilogue...so, Japor will come to a close not this Friday, but the one after that...
  21. DARTH_MU Force Ghost

star 4
    When you wrote that trailer, you promised me a Beniri story!
    I just don't think I can bear it if... (a la Tombstone, Doc Holliday quote).

22. Imperial-Hippy Jedi Knight

star 3
    Aye, I have played it, though what happened to Luke an Mara is more along the lines of what Sunrider
    did to her boyfriend

erm was that the people of the first one, on dantoine? humm it sounds familer but i cant place it...

great game though, i prefere the first, better story line.

he Exile is not Force-stripped so much as he pushed the Force away from himself.
    like ben ... hummm ... never noticed that before, well not ur ben i mean cannon pre DN ben.

and Jaina is supposed to remind those that have played the game of Visas...
    well it did, so well done.

fear not, we have fights in our future

and there are two more chapters, plus a half-chapter epilogue...so, Japor will come to a close not this Friday, but the one after that...
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(edited to shorten page, but there was more)

:_| :_| :_| :_|

well im still gona post here, reminisin about the good old days ....

23. Draconarius Force Ghost

star 4
    Time to die, Lumiya.

I hope Jys is alright. Hopefully, she's managed to old out long enough for Ben to rescue her before Lumiya pulls her to the dark side.

Although, knowing you...

Can't wait to see the next few posts. Ben better get some payback for anything and everything Lumiya's done to Jys.

Great post, Kidan.

24. Kidan TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 5
    DARTH_MU
    When you wrote that trailer, you promised me a Beniri story!
    I just don't think I can bear it if... (a la Tombstone, Doc Holliday quote).

go check out the trailer again...it does not promise a Beniri fic..

Imperial-Hippy
    erm was that the people of the first one, on dantoine? humm it sounds familer but i cant place it...

great game though, i prefere the first, better story line.

nope, that was the comic books

like ben ... hummm ... never noticed that before, well not ur ben i mean cannon pre DN ben.

well it did, so well done.
    Thanks!

NOOO(edited for brevity)OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :D all things must end... (btw, could you edit that, so it doesn't stretch the screen? Thanks!)

Draconarius
    Time to die, Lumiya.
    [face_laugh]

I hope Jys is alright. Hopefully, she's managed to old out long enough for Ben to rescue her before Lumiya pulls her to the dark side.
    We'll see next post...

Although, knowing you...
    *innocent look*[face_whistling]

Can't wait to see the next few posts. Ben better get some payback for anything and everything Lumiya's done to Jys.
    [face_laugh]

Great post, Kidan.
    Thanks!

25. Kidan TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Chapter 27

We arrived at what can only be described as a throne room. It had multiple levels, on the middle of which sat the throne. The dark one walked up the steps, and I continued following. Looking behind me as the doors slammed shut, I noticed that none of the stormtroopers had entered the room.

I looked back to the throne, and noticed the dark cloaked figure lean over to talk to someone. The throne turned to face me, and sitting within it was Lumiya. The cloaked figure stood to the right and behind her.

"Welcome to Korriban Ben."

"Where is she Lumiya? What have you done with her?"

"Now, now Ben, I'm sure your father trained you better than that. Where are your manners?"

My anger got the best of me. "No more games! I have come for Jysella!"

Her laughter drove me over the edge, and I pulled my saber and ignited it with one quick motion. I jumped towards the throne, my blade raised overhead in an effort to strike her down.

I landed and my blade began its swing and connected with a blue saber held horizontally. One that was protecting Lumiya.

My heart sank as I recognized the blade.

I looked over at the girl who was wearing the dark cloak and Jysella stared back at me, her eyes cold and hard. "Jys?"

Lumiya's laughter drew my eyes back to her. "As you can see young Skywalker, Jedi Horn is happy here. I have freed her from the pathetic teachings of your father, freed her to see how corrupt the Jedi Order has become. Freed her to see that the Jedi Order must be destroyed. I have freed her to make her own choices."

Lumiya looked toward Jysella and smiled. "And now my apprentice, would you start the destruction of the Jedi by killing this pathetic excuse for one?"

"Yes, my Master."

I started backing away down the stairs. My confusion pooled around me. My mind was working overdrive on how I could escape with her, while not having to fight her.

Unfortunately, Jysella wasn't going to give me the chance to flee or think.

She jumped at me, her saber swung in a powerful overhead attack, my blade swung up and blocked. The force of her anger staggered me as much as the strength behind the blow.

Slowly I gave ground, always keeping my blade between us. Always defending, never attacking.

Yet every time I blocked her anger just grew.

I probed the Force, and saw our bond, our connection, was no longer a bright golden string connecting us. Now it was twisted and blackened where it emerged from her, running from that black to bronze and finally to gold where it attached to me.

I despaired.

Still we circled around the platforms and steps; I always gave ground, always fell back. Still defending. I just could not bring myself to attack her.

Yet every time I failed to exploit an opening, every time I failed to end the fight at the cost of her life, her anger just grew.

And so did my despair.

Slowly she drove me to one of the upper platforms. Of course I say platform in the loosest sense of the word possible, it was more of a really wide girder, with a rail on one side, than anything else.

As I deflected her blade once again, her foot swung out and caught me in the chest, knocking me over the edge. I used the Force to ensure I landed on my feet and shut down my saber.

After that I slipped into the shadows. Hiding, trying to give myself time to think.

I used the Force to throw my voice, as I said "I don't want to fight you Jys. Please, let's just go home."

I watch her movements as she slowly stalks down the stairs, her actions, her being, that of a predatory feline. "That time has passed. Now you must fight, or die."

I felt my tears as they began their slow trip down my face.

From somewhere above us came Lumiya's laughter and voice. "Yes, yes give in to your despair. Let it drive your anger, give you power."

I wondered if she was talking to me or to Jysella.

I sunk to my knees, my guilt and despair overpowering me.

I felt a warning through the Force, and I was moving, rolling, as Jysella's saber smashed into the floor where I had just bee
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.