Beyond Japor -- Complete: Thanks for the Noms! Taking suggestions for excerpts.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kidan, Feb 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Lola64 Force Ghost

star 4
    My heart sank as I recognized the blade.

I looked over at the girl who was wearing the dark cloak and Jysella stared back at me, her eyes cold and hard. "Jys?"

Ok. That was NOT who I was expecting. Maybe because I so wanted it to be Anakin from Pleasure & Pain I was blinded to any other possibility.

"Lumiya said you were free to choose. Well so am I. I have chosen to love you, if that love costs me my life, then so be it. Now, what do you choose?"

What will she choose? I can't wait for the answer. Can't we have a Saturday bonus post or something? Or do I have to be tortured with waiting until Monday? I'm not good at waiting.
  2. DARTH_MU Force Ghost

star 4
    Everything has transpired according to my design...
    Accepts the 754th Clairvoyant Award (tm).
    Makes speech.
    I would like to thank Kidan, without whom.... {boring speech continued}
    The clock says 10 seconds. I love you all! seven seconds. Good night everybody! two seconds. Remember, Have you supported your local Dark Side Seer today? If not, what are you waiting for?
  3. Imperial-Hippy Jedi Knight

star 3
    That was so very powerful! i loved it all.

did not expect Jys to be dark, but thats why you are a great writer.

i really hope you dont be really evil and kill one of them, yes it would be shocking, but come on! show a bit of a hart man! lol!

very well done, congrats on an excerlant post.
  4. Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare

VIP
    star 6
    Kidan: :D Awesome! :cool:

"Yes, my Master."

Well, at least she's taken the "laconic" option in Sith Dialogue 101... :p

How much Jys. is left, though...? [face_thinking]

Slowly I gave ground, always keeping my blade between us. Always defending, never attacking.

Yet every time I blocked her anger just grew.

That's an awesome motif, very nicely-put: cause, and effect... :D

Even the bright yellow of the molten stone from her saber slash seemed depressing to me.

But to the reader, it's beautiful - nice combination of image and characterzation...

"Fight me, you kriffing schutta!"

Is it just me, or are those the first "Corellian words" stated rather than implied in this 'fic? [face_thinking]

"Lumiya said you were free to choose. Well so am I. I have chosen to love you, if that love costs me my life, then so be it. Now, what do you choose?"

I'd guess she might cut off your head, Ben... :p :D

- The Imperial Ewok
  5. TahiriSoloFan Jedi Master

star 4
    This story is full of twists and turns... I'm almost glad I haven't been around for awhile... I got to enjoy several posts at once this way! =D=
  6. Kidan TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Lola64
    Ok. That was NOT who I was expecting. Maybe because I so wanted it to be Anakin from Pleasure & Pain I was blinded to any other possibility.
    [face_laugh] I told you that they weren't connected...:p

What will she choose? I can't wait for the answer. Can't we have a Saturday bonus post or something? Or do I have to be tortured with waiting until Monday? I'm not good at waiting.
    But that's the final chapter, not counting the epilogue....so i guess what i'm saying is that you've gotta be tortured with waiting until Monday... :D

DARTH_MU
    Everything has transpired according to my design...
    Accepts the 754th Clairvoyant Award (tm).
    Makes speech.
    I would like to thank Kidan, without whom.... {boring speech continued}
    The clock says 10 seconds. I love you all! seven seconds. Good night everybody! two seconds. Remember, Have you supported your local Dark Side Seer today? If not, what are you waiting for?

heh...i knew i should have changed that when you started going on about Darth!Jys...:p

Imperial-Hippy
    That was so very powerful! i loved it all.
    Thanks!

did not expect Jys to be dark, but thats why you are a great writer.
    Neither did Ben, that's part of the fun :D

i really hope you dont be really evil and kill one of them, yes it would be shocking, but come on! show a bit of a hart man! lol!
    [face_laugh] I guess we'll see what happens with them on Monday...

very well done, congrats on an excerlant post.
    again Thanks!

Thrawn McEwok:
    :D Awesome! :cool:
    :DThanks!

Well, at least she's taken the "laconic" option in Sith Dialogue 101... :p
    heh....better than having 'chipper' Sith Dialogue...:p

How much Jys. is left, though...? [face_thinking]
    guess we'll find out...

That's an awesome motif, very nicely-put: cause, and effect... :D
    Again, thanks!

But to the reader, it's beautiful - nice combination of image and characterzation...
    [face_blush] I try... *is eating up all the nice things being said*:p

Is it just me, or are those the first "Corellian words" stated rather than implied in this 'fic? [face_thinking]
    Yes they are...

I'd guess she might cut off your head, Ben... :p :D
    wtih any other story, I might be tempted to call you a cynic for that comment :p

TahiriSoloFan
    This story is full of twists and turns... I'm almost glad I haven't been around for awhile... I got to enjoy several posts at once this way! =D=
    See there IS a silver-lining to every dark cloud :p
  7. Kidan TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Chapter 28

I let out a breath I did not know I had been holding when Jys shut down her saber. She sank to her knees, and started to cry.

I knelt in front of her, and drew her close, and kissed her. After we parted, I held her face in my hands, and looked into her eyes. They were filled with pain, sorrow, and worry; I stroked her hair and kissed her again. Then I told her once more, "I really do love you."

Then she said those words that I had been longing to hear ever since Tatooine. "And I love you."

Actually, let us be honest, I had been longing to hear that particular sentence, or some permutation of it, ever since the picnic I took her on.

We kissed. Our eyes were closed, our senses focused solely on the other. It was a great kiss.

And then she screamed in pain.

My eyes shot open, and behind Jysella stood Lumiya, holding a whip of all things, an angry scowl covering her face. "You have disappointed me my apprentice. Now you both shall die."

As Lumiya drew her whip back to strike Jysella again, I jumped up and tackled her. In the Force I could feel the pain Jysella was in, and it was driving me on, burning anything resembling caution from my mind.

As we landed, I drew back my fist and hit her on the side, right above where her kidneys should have been. My hand collided with steel-weave, breaking at least one knuckle.

She kicked me off her, and I touched the Force to allow me to flip around and land on my feet, with my saber ignited.

Lumiya smiled at me, and then did something to her whip, which bathed it in the coherent light of a lightsaber blade.

It was again time for one of those Corellian words; I just didn't know it yet.

With a flourish, she sent the whip at me, I tried to deflect it the way I would a saber blade, but the whip wrapped around my blade, and she tugged nearly pulling my saber away from me. I shut down my saber so that it would get disentangled and then re-ignited it.

I was trying my best to figure out how exactly I was going to be able to beat her.

I was drawing a blank.

I slipped into the Force, reacting, trying to get Lumiya within range of my blade, not able to due to the length the lightwhip gave her.

The result of all that was me jumping around the various platforms. Lumiya was always a step behind me, her lightwhip taking chunks out of the floors and pillars near where I had been moments before.

If I ever attempted to deflect or block the whip, it simply wrapped itself around my blade and she would try her best to yank my saber from me.

After her third or forth attempt at disarming me, I just kept my saber off, intending to ignite it if and when I was in a position to do so.

Finally, Lumiya outguessed me, and her whip was snapping in right where I was landing. Luckily, it was just a little shy of being able to bisect me, and merely left me with a wound running across my upper chest. And that wound burned.

I was just a little slower from that point on, her whip was able to land nearer and nearer to me every time, yet I was kept out of range for my saber.

The entire time this was happening, her laughter echoed throughout the throne room.

And I still had no idea how I was going to beat her.

"I grow weary of this Ben. Come face your destiny, or shall I go ahead and kill my wayward apprentice first?"

I stopped jumping and turned towards her, and saw the lightwhip snapping up towards my face.

I tossed my head back, trying to get it out of the range of the whip, but it still scored me, I could feel a burn going from my chin to my temple.

Lumiya laughed once again. "Your compassion for her is your weakness."

"Call it what you will, but my love for Jysella is anything but a weakness."

With that said, I rushed Lumiya. I had finally thought of a plan.

Yes I had thought of a plan, but it was one that would require a sacrifice. One I needed to implement, before reason and sanity interjected themselves into my thought processes once again.

Her lightwhip snapped out, and I threw my left arm up and let the whi
  8. DARTH_MU Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_plain][face_tired][face_plain][face_tired][face_not_talking]8-}[face_hypnotized][face_plain]:_|

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Kneels down at Shira's body.
    Puh leease!!!! NOOOO!
    It can't be true!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
    NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    cradles Shira's limp form.
    rocks back and forth.

:_|

still rocking...
    into the night.
  9. Eleventh_Guard Force Ghost

star 5
    I like the way he killed her.

I hate that he killed Lumiya, but the method? Majorly cool and deserving of loads of respect. He's got a pair, that's for sure. (I am obviously not talking about hands.)

=D=
  10. Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare

VIP
    star 6
    Kidan: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Youch. He got Jys. back, lost an arm in true Skywalker style, and single-handedly took out Lumiya...

That was... kinda impressive. :cool:

*still stunned by the drama, movement, action, and the visceral sense of flesh, metal and energy interacting*

- The Imperial Ewok
  11. Imperial-Hippy Jedi Knight

star 3
    That was so very awsome!

why is it that for a skywalker to prove them selfs and become real jedi, they have to lose a segment of there arm? o_O

really great post, and a big well done to ben i think is in order, i mean look at what he has done, he turned a dark jedi back to the light, killed anouther dark jedi, and destroyed the last known Sith in the galexy, is it safe to say the prophasy has been fulfilled now?

12. Kidan TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 5
    DARTH_MU
    "[face_plain][face_tired][face_plain][face_tired][face_not_talking]8-}[face_hypnotized][face_plain]:_|"
    :D

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Kneels down at Shira's body.
    Puh leease!!!! NOOOO!
    It can't be true!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
    NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    cradles Shira's limp form.
    rocks back and forth.

:_|

still rocking...
    into the night.

HAHAHAHAHAHA......

Eleventh_Guard
    I like the way he killed her.
    Thanks!

I hate that he killed Lumiya, but the method? Majorly cool and deserving of loads of respect. He's got a pair, that's for sure. (I am obviously not talking about hands.)
    =D=

I thought it an appropriate symbolic gesture on Ben's part...sacrificing part of himself to stop an evil....:D

Thrawn McEwok:
    ":eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:"
    :D:cool::D:cool:

Youch. He got Jys. back, lost an arm in true Skywalker style, and single-handedly took out Lumiya...
    hmm....you took a nearly 1300 word post, and distilled it into effectively a single sentence....

That was... kinda impressive. :cool:
    :confused: Only kinda? What would it take to fully impress you?? :rolleyes:[face_laugh]

*still stunned by the drama, movement, action, and the visceral sense of flesh, metal and energy interacting*
    Thanks!

Imperial-Hippy
    That was so very awsome!
    Thanks!

why is it that for a skywalker to prove them selfs and become real jedi, they have to lose a segment of there arm? o_O
    family curse...:p

really great post, and a big well done to ben i think is in order, i mean look at what he has done, he turned a dark jedi back to the light, killed anouther dark jedi, and destroyed the last known Sith in the galexy, is it safe to say the prophasy has been fulfilled now?
    yeah, Ben did good.....as for the prophesy...[face_whistling]
  13. Draconarius Force Ghost

star 4
    First things first; what is it with Skywalkers and losing arms?

The last two fights were awesome. Poor Jys... the scene between Jys and Ben was so well done. I loved it.

But Lumiya's dead, so everything is again right in the universe!

Great work, Kidan.
  14. _ThatJediScum_ Force Ghost

star 3
    Hot Dayam! As, uh, interesting and unique Lumiya's death was, it was pretty much over shadowed by her light whip ripping off Ben's arm.

'Cause, uhm, yeah, that was all kinds of nasty. Painfully brutally nasty. Not nasty like "OMGosh that disgusting!" But more like "Hot Dayam! I know that [Corellian word] hurt like a [Corellian word]!" o_O o_O o_O That boy deserves a medal.

I also LOVED what Ben said to Jysella about the Japor snippet and how he loved her. Perfect example of why I adore Ben! Thank you for that.

Great chapters!

bran
  15. Kissa Jedi Knight

star 3
    Brilliant fight scene.

I love that Luminya fought with a light-whip rather than the typical Sith lightsaber.

And Ben's self-sacrifice was good. He didn't need that arm anyway.

I hope Jysella manages to get him back to the ship okay. Those red stormtroopers had better not try anything.
  16. DARTH_MU Force Ghost

star 4
    What does it matter what those red stormtroopers do?
    They won't bring Shira back. (or will they?) (*orders red stormtroopers to fire up those trusty Spaarti cylinders)
    sigh. But it just won't be the same. The fire would be gone from her eyes...
    and Tahiri is still an exile on Tatooine.
    deep sigh.
    WHAT A WORLD!
    My one consolation in this whole mess is that I know for certain that all is not how it seems. In fact, I'm pretty sure that Darth Jys will kill Ben Now that he removed her Master for her. (Why do the nasty betrayal when you can have goody two shoes do it for you?)

evil cackles.
  17. Kidan TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Draconarius
    First things first; what is it with Skywalkers and losing arms?
    it's a rite of passage? Maybe that's what's wrong with Jacen, noone's cut off his arm....[face_laugh]

The last two fights were awesome. Poor Jys... the scene between Jys and Ben was so well done. I loved it.
    Thanks! I really enjoyed writing them...

But Lumiya's dead, so everything is again right in the universe!
    yeah....everything's right again...[face_whistling]

Great work, Kidan.

Thanks!

_ThatJediScum_
    Hot Dayam! As, uh, interesting and unique Lumiya's death was, it was pretty much over shadowed by her light whip ripping off Ben's arm.
    of course, because the entire scene is showing just how willing to sacrifice of himself Ben is to stop evil, and of course to protect Jys....

'Cause, uhm, yeah, that was all kinds of nasty. Painfully brutally nasty. Not nasty like "OMGosh that disgusting!" But more like "Hot Dayam! I know that [Corellian word] hurt like a [Corellian word]!" o_O o_O o_O That boy deserves a medal.
    [face_laugh] Aye...it was pretty painful, and Ben don't need a medal, he got the girl...

I also LOVED what Ben said to Jysella about the Japor snippet and how he loved her. Perfect example of why I adore Ben! Thank you for that.
    Not a problem, I just couldn't see Ben not trying to win the girl back...

Great chapters!
    Thanks!

Kissa
    Brilliant fight scene.
    Thanks!

I love that Luminya fought with a light-whip rather than the typical Sith lightsaber.
    well that is HER weapon of choice after all...

And Ben's self-sacrifice was good. He didn't need that arm anyway.
    [face_laugh] Nope, he didn't....especially with the medical replacements they have now-a-days...

I hope Jysella manages to get him back to the ship okay. Those red stormtroopers had better not try anything.
    hmm....Ben's unconcious and in shock...so that mean's we don't get to witness that....but we can't forget that Jys went into that room Lumiya's heir apparent....

DARTH_MU
    What does it matter what those red stormtroopers do?
    They won't bring Shira back. (or will they?) (*orders red stormtroopers to fire up those trusty Spaarti cylinders)
    sigh. But it just won't be the same. The fire would be gone from her eyes...
    and Tahiri is still an exile on Tatooine.
    deep sigh.
    WHAT A WORLD!
    My one consolation in this whole mess is that I know for certain that all is not how it seems. In fact, I'm pretty sure that Darth Jys will kill Ben Now that he removed her Master for her. (Why do the nasty betrayal when you can have goody two shoes do it for you?)

evil cackles.

....:confused: Why wouldn't all be how it seems?
  18. DARTH_MU Force Ghost

star 4
    Then my Shira is truly dead.
  19. TahiriSoloFan Jedi Master

star 4
    I have got to stop reading this story while I'm eating my lunch! [face_sick]

Great fight scence though... lots of action. Way to go!
  20. Kidan TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 5
    DARTH_MU
    Then my Shira is truly dead.
    yup! :D

TahiriSoloFan
    I have got to stop reading this story while I'm eating my lunch! [face_sick]
    Sorry! but the final post on Friday (the epilogue) won't have any death or dismemberment in it....

Great fight scence though... lots of action. Way to go!
    Thanks! Glad you liked it!
  21. pregnantpadme Jedi Master

star 4
    I've been sneaking in bits of reading over the weeks (when DRL has permitted) and have been trying to figure out how you were going to bring this back around to Ben bing in love with Tahiri...I assumed that Jysella would meet with an untimely death, as is vogue in the Ossus of your creation...but I have to say in all honsety, I really didn't see her going dark.

Maybe I'm jsut really distracted. A distinct possibility.

Anyway...as I said on the other thread: Viva La Bahiri!
  22. Kidan TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 5
    pregnantpadme
    I've been sneaking in bits of reading over the weeks (when DRL has permitted) and have been trying to figure out how you were going to bring this back around to Ben bing in love with Tahiri...I assumed that Jysella would meet with an untimely death, as is vogue in the Ossus of your creation...but I have to say in all honsety, I really didn't see her going dark.
    I tried to get him hooked up with Tahiri, but Jysella just wouldn't go away...[face_laugh]

Maybe I'm jsut really distracted. A distinct possibility.
    Not so my distracted, as it wasn't supposed to be brought back around to Ben in love with Tahiri....It's a growing up experience for Ben, learning to differintiate between childish crushes and lust (Tahiri), and love (Jysella), and so that he learns just how far he's willing to go, to sacrifice, for it all (loss of his arm)....

Anyway...as I said on the other thread: Viva La Bahiri!
    [face_laugh] I find that I have trouble rooting for Tahiri with anyone else, as I'm an unabashed A/T'er, who's still futilely holding out hope that everything since SBS (or even everything from VP on) was just a bad dream, from Corran eating some bad gornt......
  23. Lola64 Force Ghost

star 4
    Ooops. I forgot to hit the reply button the other day. My bad.

Anyway, if I can remember what I was going to say then...

Oh yeah,

I do hope Ben warns any sons he and Jysella have. He's got to tell them straight out, "I don't know when how or why son, but being a Skywalker it seems we will always have to give our right arm for our families, literally."

Before she had a chance to recover from the shock of the fall, I placed my saber right above where her kidneys should have been and activated it, pulling the saber up through her body and out through her head.

Ouch!! [face_sick]

Glad to see the good guys won and the evil witch is dead.

And Jysella and Ben can live happily ever after, until your next fic.

Great job Kidan. It's almost at a wrap, right? Just some more kissing and stuff probably. Let me know when that's posted.
  24. Kidan TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Lola64
    Ooops. I forgot to hit the reply button the other day. My bad.
    well you've remmebered now..so that's what counts :D

I do hope Ben warns any sons he and Jysella have. He's got to tell them straight out, "I don't know when how or why son, but being a Skywalker it seems we will always have to give our right arm for our families, literally."
    [face_laugh] aye, someone needs to warn them skywalker boys about that...though Ben did lose his left arm...

Ouch!! [face_sick]
    :D

Glad to see the good guys won and the evil witch is dead.
    What can I say, I'm a tradionalist who likes good things to happen :D

And Jysella and Ben can live happily ever after, until your next fic.
    [face_laugh]

Great job Kidan. It's almost at a wrap, right? Just some more kissing and stuff probably. Let me know when that's posted.
    Aye, the final post is about to be up...
  25. Kidan TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Epilogue

I awoke to a feeling of warmth and security. A comforting weight pressed tight against me. The smell of strawberries and honey filled my nose.

I felt at peace, like I had finally come home.

I looked down, and saw the top of Jysella's head, her hair spread out over me once again. I looked around and realized that I was in a room in the med center on Ossus.

I clung to her tighter and fell back to sleep. As I slept, I did not dream.

When next I awoke, my father was there. His hair disheveled his eyes bloodshot; I noticed that he had already been fitted with a new arm. I told him I was sorry. He told me he loved me, and always would. I leaned back in my bed, my guilt over what I had done to him still weighing heavily upon me. He sat there for hours, not speaking, barely moving, just watching me. Then as the orderly came around serving lunch, he got up and left.

I almost cried at how broken he looked.

Later that day, my mom came to visit. She looked as bad off as dad did. I told her I was sorry, that I wished I could have saved them some other way. She smiled at me, and told me she was proud of me. I noticed a single tear roll down her cheek. Then she got up and fled the room.

That did make me cry. My mom showed a weakness, probably one of a handful of times that I had seen it during my life. And I caused it.

I slept. I awoke.

The healers came and fitted me with a new forearm and hand. It was one of the biomedical cybernetic prosthesis, similar to the one that my parents had.

Once more, I slept and then awoke.

This time there was no one there. I felt a wrongness, like I was missing something, and deep down I knew what it was that I was missing. I couldn't smell the strawberries and honey. I wanted to awaken to that smell, and this morning I didn't.

I got up and wandered around the room for a bit. I stopped and looked out the window. From it, I could see the Pulsar Skate, and noticed some activity near her.

I quickly got dressed, snuck out of the med center and went over to the Skate. I watched as Jysella carried a box into the hold. As she walked back down, she saw me and gave me a smile. She was almost shy as she said "Hey Ben."

"What are you doing?"

She wouldn't look at me. "I'm leaving Ossus. There's just too many memories, too much has happened. I, I can't stay here. Master Skywalker said I would be welcome to return at anytime, but right now, I just can't be here."

I merely said "Oh."

She once more started loading the supplies onto the Skate. I helped her. A small part of me dying with each box we took aboard.

Too soon, we were done. I looked at her, and finally noticed that she was dressed more like her mother used to, than like a Jedi. The form fitting pants, a short-sleeved tunic that clung to her when she moved.

Frankly, I liked it that way.

I wanted to be smooth like Uncle Han, but I knew I just have too much of my father in me to effectively pull it off at times like these. So I went with farm boy sincerity. "I was serious about what I said on Korriban. I love you."

She looked at me, the tears there in her eyes. "I know, I meant what I said too."

"You're still leaving?"

She just nodded her head in an affirmative motion, and turned around and walked up the ramp.

She stopped at the top, and turned to look at me, once more biting her lower lip. Then she gave me her smile. Her real smile. The one that brightens her eyes. "So you coming or not?"

I smiled at her in return, feeling my emotions start to soar and I started up the ramp. "Of course, I was merely waiting for you to ask."

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.