main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Japor -- Complete: Thanks for the Noms! Taking suggestions for excerpts.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kidan, Feb 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emeraldshadow

emeraldshadow Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 7, 2005
    Just as I prepare to post my replies, I find another reply!

Don?t you love it when that happens?:)

Hmm....so you fight the stereotype of mouthy, quick-tempered redhead by being a mouthy quick-tempered fiery redhead. Makes perfect sense to me. *looks around to see if anyone else is confused*

I never said it made sense, I just said that?s what usually happens. I tend to get offended by generalizations about redheads, and, since I actually do have a temper (which has nothing to do with my hair), I tend to get carried away with my defense of the redheaded population. It?s self-defeating but that?s the way it always goes down.

Or I could be real mean, and leave that as a unresolved plot thread *laughs evilly*

That works too.;)

Well, Yoda was hungry. Yoda likes lizard for dinner. "Mmm, good food, good. Come."

[face_laugh] That made me laugh out loud for some reason and now my brother is giving me a weird look.

hmm...or because it's so apparent, it's a real clue, which I want everyone to believe to be a red herring. Or maybe, I'm trying to be overtly apparent, and it's a red herring, that I want everyone to believe is a clue, because it's to apparent that it's a red herring.

Ok, I just confused myself...

Don?t strain your brain, Kidan. You?re going to need it later.:p

Yoda did it.

There you go, back to the basics. ;)

It's good that it does not freak you out as much, because you have a long life of it ahead of you.

You see, now you?re making it sound creepy instead of quirky again.[face_worried]

emeraldshadow - I just noticed the new line to your sig.

Well, in case you haven?t noticed, I?m kind of attached to taxidermy Zekk.;)

That?s funny

I thought so.

2. Imperial-Hippy

Imperial-Hippy Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    good update.

Ben you sly devil, he is defently in there.

btw how old is jysella in this fic?

3. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    EmeraldShadow: Don?t you love it when that happens?
    Yes I do.

I never said it made sense, I just said that?s what usually happens. I tend to get offended by generalizations about redheads, and, since I actually do have a temper (which has nothing to do with my hair), I tend to get carried away with my defense of the redheaded population. It?s self-defeating but that?s the way it always goes down.
    :) I was teasing more than anything, as I'm fully aware that red-heads are as level headed as anyone else. I made Ben mouthy and impetuous because because his mother and father are (respectively) The best traits of both Mara and Luke :)

That works too.
    hmm....wonder what other plot threads I could leave open to see how frustrated I can make readers.. [face_devil]

That made me laugh out loud for some reason and now my brother is giving me a weird look.
    It was funny, because Yoda is funny. As well, it is ALMOST a quote found in ESB (where yoda says "Come, good food, come." to Luke)

Don?t strain your brain, Kidan. You?re going to need it later.
    If I have to take a few days away from writing due to 'brain strain', that will be ok. I can always post slow [face_devil]

There you go, back to the basics.
    :D

You see, now you?re making it sound creepy instead of quirky again.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound creepy. But the truth is, Even after 6 years of marriage, and having known her for going on 9, I still take the time to smell my wife's hair (why do you think guy's kiss ears?? ).

Well, in case you haven?t noticed, I?m kind of attached to taxidermy Zekk.
    Yes, I noticed. I liked the kid myself :) and I liked the picture as well.

Imperial-Hippy:
    good update.
    Thanks! :D

Ben you sly devil, he is defently in there.
    LOL. Ben's not the one doing it...

btw how old is jysella in this fic?
    Jysella is 2.5-3 years older than Ben, and Ben just turned 14 in an earlier post, so she's in the 16-17 years old range.

I've gotta stop posting these replies before I finish them....

4. Imperial-Hippy

Feb 15, 2006
    Kidan LOL. Ben's not the one doing it...

hmm.. wat do u meen?

shes 17, n he's 14?! good lad! he may have skywalker look in some ways, but that sounds alot more like solo charms. lol

5. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    uhm..I'm not exactly sure...what did you mean??? :confused:

Yep, she's 17 an he's 14. As for the Solo charms, of course, he adores and idolizes his uncle Han. Page 1, he tried to be smooth like his Uncle Han.

6. Imperial-Hippy

Feb 15, 2006
    lol yea but he failed misrably there!

i was wonderin who else u ment was doin it.

7. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    Whether or not he failed is open to debate. He just did not receive the expected response. It could be that he succeed greatly, and the response was due to how much he reminded her of Anakin.

as for what I meant, is that Ben was not trying to be sly. Ben is to much his father's son (the naive farmboy) for that.

8. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    I'm not sure you understand, padawan-mine, how hienous a crime it is to kill my Corran. ;) Worse, would be my Lukie...but honestly! ;)

Very emotionally, beautifully done...Ben's quite the sly little guy, isn't he? Cute! Self respecting Jedi indeed. ;) Love your characterization of Ben...perfect first person POV. :) So this is Benella...interesting. ;)

My mistake was made apparent to me the next morning when Booster arrived. In the heated discussion Booster and I had afterwards, I made the decision that I would do it again, just to make Booster turn that interesting color of purple. Another mistake that was made apparent was me telling Booster that decision. LOVE this part...typical Booster. ;)

9. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    lunetta:
    I'm not sure you understand, padawan-mine, how hienous a crime it is to kill my Corran. Worse, would be my Lukie...but honestly!
    I'm sorry Master, I try </Anakin Skywalker Voice> :)

Very emotionally, beautifully done...
    Thanks!

Ben's quite the sly little guy, isn't he? Cute!
    I don't think he's that sly. I think he's too naive to be truly sly. He just does not grasp the 'sly' implications of doing what he sess fit to do.

Self respecting Jedi indeed.
    :D

Love your characterization of Ben...perfect first person POV.
    Thanks!

So this is Benella...interesting
    hmm...Benella [face_thinking] I guess the actual question would be, is Ben going to realize that it's Benella?? After all, Ben thinks it's Beniri...:)

10. Imperial-Hippy

Feb 15, 2006
    whens the next post gona be? im really hooked.

^ i hope he dose realize its Benelle not beniri, im meen come on how old is she, sides wouldnt that be illegal, since he is only 14?

11. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    Next post is currently scheduled for Friday night. And it's a fun one! :)

Tahiri is 28 or 29. As for the legality of it, it's only illegal if they actually do something. As long as it's unrequited, it's fair game.....hmmmmm.....drama! :D [face_devil]

12. Eleventh_Guard

Eleventh_Guard Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2005
    Actually, I don't think the issue has ever been addressed in canon. [face_thinking] At least not that I've seen... and there are 15-year-old fighter pilots, if that means anything. Beniri might work if it turns out to be one of those sweet wait-for-me things and Tahiri has to wait a couple years for him to grow up.

Then again, Jacen/Mara (from early NJO onward) is my favorite non-canon pairing that's not inherently a TOS violation, so I'm probably not the best voice on the okayness of young Jedi male/older Jedi female pairings. :p

Anxiously awaiting the next post as well :) And in this fic, I'm not sure what definition of "fun" we're using. But either way I'm sure it will be great!

13. Eleventh_Guard

Eleventh_Guard Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2005
    Edit is really close to quote.

14. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    No Beniri! Benella! Or Jacella. ;)

15. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    Eleventh_Guard:
    Actually, I don't think the issue has ever been addressed in canon. thinking At least not that I've seen... and there are 15-year-old fighter pilots, if that means anything. Beniri might work if it turns out to be one of those sweet wait-for-me things and Tahiri has to wait a couple years for him to grow up.
    hmmmm....that is an interesting thought. Of course, Yoda could just slaughter them all and be done with it....[face_devil]

Then again, Jacen/Mara (from early NJO onward) is my favorite non-canon pairing that's not inherently a TOS violation, so I'm probably not the best voice on the okayness of young Jedi male/older Jedi female pairings.
    hmm......Jacen/Mara [face_thinking] I guess its better than Marakin...:D

Anxiously awaiting the next post as well And in this fic, I'm not sure what definition of "fun" we're using. But either way I'm sure it will be great!
    :D hmmmm....of course me telling which definition we're using would be.....telling....*looks around for a thesaorus*

Edit is really close to quote.
    LOL

padawan lunetta:
    No Beniri! Benella! Or Jacella.
    [face_thinking] No beniri? hmm....guess that means Yoda get to slaughter more Jedi....:D

16. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    *cuddles Lukie* Noooo! ;)

17. Imperial-Hippy

Feb 15, 2006
    Kidan you are really obsesed with this psyco killer yoda, arnt you? [face_laugh]

it would be a nice twist though, i can picture it now ... "with some fava beans, ate his liver, i did" [face_laugh]

as for Jacella, well plz dont go there its just abit sick.

18. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Is not. It's adorable. ;)

19. Imperial-Hippy

Feb 15, 2006
    ^ no way, he's way to old for her, as Tahiri is for Ben, though if that worked, you would have to hand it to ben. lol

20. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    Lunetta
    *cuddles Lukie* Noooo!
    *considers having a poll to see if Luke dies* [face_mischief]

Is not. It's adorable
    meh. It's not as bad as say Kyp and Jysella. He's old enough to be her father....

o.0 I know who is getting left behind and forgotten in all this matches and pairings...bout the right age for Kyp to....Cherith....

Imperial-Hippy
    Kidan you are really obsesed with this psyco killer yoda, arnt you?
    Psycho killer yoda is our friend....

it would be a nice twist though, i can picture it now ... "with some fava beans, ate his liver, i did"
    "fava beans, Yoda like, does not. Roasted Barabal tail, where at, is."

as for Jacella, well plz dont go there its just abit sick.
    How exactly is it any different than Jacen/Mara or Marakin?

21. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Love how it's different if the woman's older...what a man! ;)

Though, from a woman's perspective...at least from mine, I'd go more for a man fifteen years older than me, than a man fifteen years younger. :p ;)

22. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    but Cherith can whup upon Kyp with her blastsword...:D

23. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    good point. I merely picked Danni cuz she annoys me. ;)

24. Imperial-Hippy

Feb 15, 2006
    padawan lunetta Love how it's different if the woman's older...what a man!

[face_laugh] yea i think it depends what sex you are as to if you think its ok or not, i meen come on we have all thought about doin it with an older person, specially when your bens age.

25. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    Lunetta:
    good point. I merely picked Danni cuz she annoys me.
    LOL

Imperial Hippy
    yea i think it depends what sex you are as to if you think its ok or not, i meen come on we have all thought about doin it with an older person, specially when your bens age.
    I don't think it is so much as sex, as age and culture. Judeo-Christian mores are presented in such a way that an older man marries a woman the same age or younger. There is no Judeo-Christian doctrine or theology that demands this, it's just presented that way due to Biblical stories.
    Of course there is probably good biological imperatives in there (younger=more likely to have children) but a lot of that is teachings. Especially in today's society where youth = beauty.

Personally, I think Ben's infatuation with older women in this story is healthy. Remember, Ben is presented as someone raised and trained to behave and think more maturely than he really is. It is implied in DN that he is around adults almost exclusively, therefore he will behave more like them than his own age peer group. It is only natural (especially at his age) that he would feel infatuation with those whom he most identifies with, and in this case it's the older, more experienced, more mature, woman.

Of coure, it is also a healthy thing, that he is beginning to notice someone closer in age...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.