main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Japor -- Complete: Thanks for the Noms! Taking suggestions for excerpts.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kidan, Feb 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    :( poor Jaina! she has no more eyes! :_|

oh bad oh bad oh bad...please don't let Ben go to the Dark Side!

It whispered that I could have Tahiri or Jysella or I could even have both

So the "dark one" is Tahiri?

2. Imperial-Hippy

Imperial-Hippy Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    Both of them! ok dark side dont sound that bad no more, go for it ben. [face_laugh]

Gr8 post btw

3. emeraldshadow

emeraldshadow Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 7, 2005
    :eek: :( [face_worried]

Ben's going dark, Jaina's eyeless, and Zekk's still dead! :_| :_|

*even as she cries over not coming back,not even as a Force ghost Zekk, Marie does a happy chair dance because of how much this fic rocks*

[face_love] I love this story! Love it! Love it! Love it!

You've got a real winner here my twisted friend.:D

4. Jedi_Fel

Jedi_Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 1, 2005
    Swpant... I don't think that's what he means...

5. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    Jedi_Fel:
    oooookay.... maybe i was wrong by a bit..... uh oh..... luke better be there quick... or else this won't be pretty....
    :D Yes...Luke needs to hurry...

SWPants:
    poor Jaina! she has no more eyes!
    Yes, it does make one feel sorry for her...

oh bad oh bad oh bad...please don't let Ben go to the Dark Side!
    LOL, but anti-hero's are such fun!

So the "dark one" is Tahiri?
    The quoted text does not support that. Basically, it's Ben's own desires that the DS is offering him. He wants both Tahiri and Jysella, so that's one of the offers. Much akin to how Exar Kun offered Mirax and Taviria to Corran during I, Jedi

Imperial-Hippy:
    Both of them! ok dark side dont sound that bad no more, go for it ben.
    That has to be one of the funniest things I've read today...

Gr8 post btw
    Thanks!

emeraldshadow:
    Ben's going dark, Jaina's eyeless, and Zekk's still dead! cry cry
    Aint it fun??

*even as she cries over not coming back,not even as a Force ghost Zekk, Marie does a happy chair dance because of how much this fic rocks*

love I love this story! Love it! Love it! Love it!

You've got a real winner here my twisted friend.

Thanks!

6. Jedi_Rike

Jedi_Rike Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 22, 2006
    Wow, I just had to track down Palpy's theme and put it on repeat as I re-read those last few posts. Holy crap, when you do a dark story, you REALLY do a DARK story. I tip my hat to you.

Impressive, most impressive... and the best thing is, we still do not know who the Dark Figure actually is. I'm not sure sure that its Tahiri anymore... although I've had writers change things just to prove me wrong. *Glares at Lunetta*

Anyway, I am absolutely loving all of this. I've been needing a good reason to blast Palpy's Theme and this story has supplied me with that reason... in spades.

Great post and keep it coming. PLEASE!!

7. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Oooh very nice, dark little posty there! Glad he went for Jysella first! ;) Love the lightsaber noise description...and DON'T GIVE IN BENNY BOY!!!!!! :D

Your action sequences are quite good, I could use some newbiewan tips on those!

Excellent work as always!

And RIKE! When Have I EVER done that to you!!! ;)

8. Jedi_Rike

Jedi_Rike Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 22, 2006
    Haha, oh Lunetta, you know that I love you and all your evil writing goodness. Besides, you had to do what you did, the readers were getting full of themselves thinking that they had figured out just what goes on in your mind. :)

As for what you have ever done to me, uh, hello? I don't see updates every day. In fact, that goes for you too Kidan. The waiting inbetween updates is torture. You are all going to the Darkside for this evilness. Oh, and not finishing stories, you are also guilty of that. [face_shame_on_you]

Bah, I can't stay mad at my favorite authors. Just promise to keep the great posts coming and all is forgiven.

9. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    Jedi Rike:
    Wow, I just had to track down Palpy's theme and put it on repeat as I re-read those last few posts. Holy crap, when you do a dark story, you REALLY do a DARK story. I tip my hat to you.
    Thanks!

Impressive, most impressive... and the best thing is, we still do not know who the Dark Figure actually is. I'm not sure sure that its Tahiri anymore... although I've had writers change things just to prove me wrong. *Glares at Lunetta*
    Well, the person that i wanted to be the killer in the beginning is still the killer. Life is good!

Anyway, I am absolutely loving all of this. I've been needing a good reason to blast Palpy's Theme and this story has supplied me with that reason... in spades.
    LOL! That's great!

Great post and keep it coming. PLEASE!!
    Yes, more will be up on Friday. Though I may post a teaser on Wed or Thursday to be eviilll again :)

As for what you have ever done to me, uh, hello? I don't see updates every day. In fact, that goes for you too Kidan. The waiting inbetween updates is torture. You are all going to the Darkside for this evilness. Oh, and not finishing stories, you are also guilty of that. shame_on_you
    heh. While I could probably make a post every day, I would quickly run out of posts. I need the room that a M/F posting schedule gives me, to ensure that I keep posts coming this way. As for the darkside, now I'll be going to the DS for a whole bunch of other reasons...*eg*

Bah, I can't stay mad at my favorite authors. Just promise to keep the great posts coming and all is forgiven.
    :D

Lunetta
    Oooh very nice, dark little posty there!
    Thanks!

Glad he went for Jysella first!
    So am I. It makes what I do later, that much easier.... [face_devil]

Love the lightsaber noise description...and DON'T GIVE IN BENNY BOY!!!!!!
    Yes, and you know how long I've worked on that, and where I got it from :D

As for Benny giving in, we will find out whether he's a Skywalker or a Vader due to this little fight on Friday :D

Your action sequences are quite good, I could use some newbiewan tips on those!
    Thanks! I'm at your service *bows*

Excellent work as always!
    :D Again Thanks!

10. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Awesome once again!!=D=

Turning my back to Jaina, I reached out with the Force and grabbed the plinth that was about to fall upon Jysella.
    Of course he choose Jysella... he loves her. While I'm sure he loves Jania too, she is his cousin, he LOVES Jysella! :)

The falling plinth had a lot of mass and a lot of kinetic energy which I had to absorb to keep it from crushing Jysella.
    Argghhh!! Physics! Run away! :p

Igniting my saber I ran towards them, feeling the raw power of my anger and hate. I was just shy of reveling in it.
    No Ben, no! [face_worried] <-- That is me! It will break my heart if he turns! (No laughing at my pain! :p )

Startled I looked at her, as she lowered her hands from her face, the blackened slash of a lightsaber wound running across her face, right where her eyes used to be.
    :eek: Poor Jainia! That really freaked me out! There she is in obvious pain, and she's telling him not to give in! WOW!

I could feel the anger and hate burning me, changing me. I tried to find my center, my calm, but it was inaccessible, my passivity dashed, my serenity gone.
    Say it isn't so... Please tell me he hasn't completely given in! [face_praying]

Well that ending wasn't quite so cliffy as the last one (thank goodness!) but, it does leave me wanting more.... right now! :)

11. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    mavjade: Awesome once again!!
    Thanks!

Of course he choose Jysella... he loves her. While I'm sure he loves Jania too, she is his cousin, he LOVES Jysella!
    Of course, the question is, does Ben know that...:D or is he still infatuated with Tahiri??

Argghhh!! Physics! Run away!
    LOL, everything can't be mush...[face_laugh]

No Ben, no! <-- That is me! It will break my heart if he turns! (No laughing at my pain! tongue )
    Emotional Responses!!!!!!!!! :D

Poor Jainia! That really freaked me out! There she is in obvious pain, and she's telling him not to give in! WOW!
    :) Good deal. Yes, there is a nobility in Jaina's character here. She's acting more like her parents and uncle than the spoiled brat from the NJO...Of course, with her experience with the Dark Side, she would not want her cousin to fall...

Say it isn't so... Please tell me he hasn't completely given in!
    Of course, If I say it in a reply, that does not mean I'm actually telling the truth in that post /grin*

Well that ending wasn't quite so cliffy as the last one (thank goodness!) but, it does leave me wanting more.... right now!
    :) I'm hoping to not have another cliffie quite as bad as that last one...at least until we get to the Climax posts... [face_devil] As for wanting more...well it's only Tuesday. Post day is Friday. If everyone is nice, I MIGHT be convinced to post another teaser tomorrow....

12. Eleventh_Guard

Eleventh_Guard Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2005
    He can't go dark... no! (Well, he can, but...)

New theory. Two words: FIGHT CLUB.

[face_mischief]

Good update.

13. Imperial-Hippy

Feb 15, 2006
    [face_thinking] Hmmm. Ok how about this theory. The dark figer is Darth Vader.

He would know about the japor thing, coz he made it. Though dont know how he would be alive.

Or maybe its Anakin Solo, who is abit anoyed with Ben for hittin on his girl.

14. pregnantpadme

pregnantpadme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 25, 2004

:eek:

[face_dancing]

Just his soul? That's it? According to my husband, all women corrupt your soul...so he might as well get some of the perks...

15. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    Eleventh_Guard :
    He can't go dark... no! (Well, he can, but...)

New theory. Two words: FIGHT CLUB.
    ROFL

Good update.
    Again, Thanks! and thanks for reading!

Imperial Hippy
    Hmmm. Ok how about this theory. The dark figer is Darth Vader.
    YODA!

He would know about the japor thing, coz he made it. Though dont know how he would be alive.
    hmm...true, true...

Or maybe its Anakin Solo, who is abit anoyed with Ben for hittin on his girl.
    LOL! Yes, Mr. Solo would be annoyed. Of course, his girl still gots the hots for him, even though it's been over a decade since his death....

Preggers
    Just his soul? That's it? According to my husband, all women corrupt your soul...so he might as well get some of the perks...
    ROFL! I really got a kick out of that. Maybe I shouldn't have used them both as temptations....[face_laugh]

Because I am such a nice author, and all that jazz (and Emerald was nice enough to update 2,3,4), here's a teaser for chapter 10 which goes up on Friday! :)

[blockquote][color=darkred]I was failing, falling, because ultimately I wanted what it offered, so much more than I wanted to deny it.

I was in the maelstrom and could not find my way out because ultimately I liked what it was offering more than I wanted out.
    [/color][/blockquote]

16. Jedi_Fel

Oct 1, 2005
    that they do... that they do....

WHAT!?! ben has gone bye bye meet Darth (insert whatever Kidan feels like giving ben as his sith name)

17. emeraldshadow

Oct 7, 2005
    ^Darth Yoda. Everything goes back to Yoda.Everything;)

A teaser dedicated to me? I feel so special.:) :p

Ooh and it's a good teaser too. Hooray for Dark!Ben:D

18. Imperial-Hippy

Feb 15, 2006
    ^^ Darth Junior?

or Darth Wee-Little Vader?

nice teser, Kidan. I think ur joining ben on the path the dark side of Fan Fics

19. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    Jedi Fel
    WHAT!?! ben has gone bye bye meet Darth (insert whatever Kidan feels like giving ben as his sith name)
    oh the possibilities....Darth Serpentine, DArth Evergence, Darth Calamatious (hey he's from Jimmy Newtron!!)

EmeraldShadow
    Darth Yoda. Everything goes back to Yoda.Everything
    Of course everything goes back to Yoda, he has caused it all.

A teaser dedicated to me? I feel so special.

Ooh and it's a good teaser too. Hooray for Dark!Ben
    Dark!Ben! Horrah!

Imperial-Hippy
    Darth Junior? or Darth Wee-Little Vader?
    Good Options.

nice teser, Kidan.
    Thanks! I thought everyone would enjoy it..

I think ur joining ben on the path the dark side of Fan Fics
    no. If I was going down the dark side of the fan fics, I would post real fast every chapter I have written, and then stopping and waiting two weeks everytime I came across a cliffie like the one in chapter 8...

[color=darkblue]Chapter 10 will be up sometime today, I'm currently aiming for about 2:30ish board time.[/color]

[i][/i]

20. Jedi_Fel

Oct 1, 2005
    DARTH CALAMITOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! LMFAO!

yeah that would be evil....

*is sitting on edge of chair because he can't wait*

*falls off*

I'M OKAY!

21. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    It's good that you're ok, because Chapter 10 will be up in a few

22. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    Chapter 10

I sat in the maelstrom, my eyes closed, and my focus inward. I fought my inner demons, tried my best to hold onto my inner light. I was failing at both. The darkness beckoned and cajoled, promised and threatened. I both yearned for it and shunned it.

I was failing, falling, because ultimately I wanted what it offered, so much more than I wanted to deny it

I was in the maelstrom and could not find my way out because ultimately I liked what it was offering more than I wanted out.

Then, into the maelstrom stepped a shining beacon of light. It consisted of hope and friendship and love. Yes there was pain and sorrow, confusion and anger, fear and guilt, but I could see they were just temporary overlays on the life and vitality of that beacon.

It was shining and beautiful.

It was pure and golden.

It was all the best things in life.

It smelled like strawberries and honey.

I opened my eyes and there kneeling next to me was Jysella, fear and worry in her eyes. The wind was blowing her raven hair across my face, where it tickled my nose. She reached out and placed her hand on my cheek, a simple gesture, my saving grace. I tilted my head, leaning into her hand. I could barely hear her, as if I was a great distance from her, as she said "Please stay."

I closed my eyes again, once more settling into the maelstrom, and felt that beacon of light, life, love and laughter wrap around me, driving the darkness away, accepting me. I leaned into the embrace, and realized that the dark was something I really did want to deny. The smell of her hair filled my nose, as she willingly held me and I began to cry.

That was what the darkness could not offer me. I could posses anything by using it, but those I loved and cared for would not willingly help me, would not willingly hold me. They would not willingly accept and love me. If I accepted the dark, I would always know that what I gained by its use would be but a pale shadow of what I lost due to its use.

Other Jedi finally arrived. I could feel my parents and my aunt and uncle, plus all the masters that were at my parent's house when Jysella and I snuck out. I could feel Saba recoil slightly at the pain, anger and hate that bubbled in the Force.

I imagine we looked quite the sight. Covered in dirt, I was laying half on the ground and half on Jysella, one arm holding my broken ribs; the other wrapped tightly around one of Jysella's arms as it held me. My face buried in her hair, resting on her shoulder. Jysella next to me on her knees both of her arms around me. With Jaina unconscious next to us both, the wound to her face and eyes clearly visible.

The blackened stripe that said she would never fly again, as it stared sightlessly at the stars that she loved so much.

We were taken to the medical center again, where all three of us got dunked into Bacta.

I was decanted first, and moved to a room. Of course I did not stay. As soon as the orderly had left; I snuck out and went back to the Bacta Tank area. I pulled up a chair between Jaina's and Jysella's tanks and there I sat, not moving, not thinking, I was just trying to be.

I sighed slightly and thought to myself "things never go that easily" as my dad walked in. He pulled up a chair next to mine and said "I went to your room to see you, why did you not stay there?"

I looked at my dad; the lines of pain and worry etched onto his face, and ignored his question as I said "I'm sorry dad. I failed. I was given a choice between Jysella and Jaina, I could only save one, and they both still ended up here in Bacta."

My dad looked at me, and said in that maddeningly calm voice of his "Why do you believe that is a failure? If you had not been there, Jaina would have died, if you had chosen differently, they both might have died. No the failure was not in your decision between Jysella and Jaina, if anything your failure was in the decision in going out with just the two of you. Why didn't you get your mom or me?"

I looked down, not having an answer to his questions; or at least not

23. emeraldshadow

Oct 7, 2005
    ~snags first post then goes back to read the chapter~

...Okay, I'm back. I loved seeing Jysella in the role of redeeming love and Anakin in the role of guiding light. I was dismayed, of course, to see this chapter end in a cliff hanger (at least it wasn't as bad as the last one). I look forward to more soon.:)

24. Eleventh_Guard

Eleventh_Guard Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2005
    Oh, good, Ben's back... I was worried about him! That's really too bad about Jaina going blind, but... at least she's alive; that's better than a lot of them. :(

I think you've got his reactions to things written very well, throughout the whole fic.

25. Imperial-Hippy

Feb 15, 2006
    Great writtin Kidan.

aww ben didnt go dark. :D

though he still got the girl.

and as a beatles lovin jedi would say, "i dont care too much for the dark side. The dark side cant buy me love" [face_peace]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.