main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Jar Jar Binks in The Force Awakens

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by StartCenterEnd, Nov 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Is the OP serious?

Dewback, Satipo and thejeditraitor like this.
  2. Ben R

Ben R Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2000
    ...fraid so.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  3. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Doesn't really seem like a viable idea for LFL/Disney.

Maybe a comic on Jar Jar at some point? I'd probably read it.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  4. ObiAlKenobi

ObiAlKenobi Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2012
    I despise Jar Jar. Let's leave him in the dust of the prequels.

lovelikewinter likes this.
  5. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm 100% convinced Jar Jar is really Kylo Ren.

6. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Series of Jar Jar animated shorts would be cool. I wouldn't mind a look at some non-violent adventuring in the GFFA, especially since the new live action films look to be on the "heavier" side of the Star Wars spectrum.

7. BobaBacca

BobaBacca Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 6, 2015
    I've just read the Jar Jar Binks is Supreme Leader Snoke theory and think it would be such a great twist. Very funny. Star Wars version of Keyzer Soze.

Team Padme likes this.
  8. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    Jar Jar would be suitable as a guest star in Happy Tree Friends!

9. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    By funny and great, I suppose you mean awful and ridiculous.

The time to salvage Jar Jar through tragic sacrifice was in ROTS, and George declined that option in favour of brushing the character under the carpet (go, artistic vision and integrity!).

TPTB are not insane or of dubious taste enough to bring the character back in that way.

Dewback, Artoo-Dion and Dra--- like this.
  10. Jonipoon

Apr 22, 2014
    Why? I think there was really no reason for Jar Jar to die ROTS in terms of story. He was a senator, and the senators were not killed off because Palpatine wanted them to join his new Empire.

I do believe that lots of fans would've enjoyed to see him die in ROTS though.

11. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Come on, really? You can't be serious. That is in no way a "great twist."

12. JaporSnippet

JaporSnippet Jedi Master star 2

Mar 24, 2005
  13. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Not because I wanted to see him dead - but because giving him a noble end would have given him an extra bravery and depth whilst also showing quite how far Anakin had fallen (without insta-murdering children because he was told to). He could have started interrogating JarJar only for the dark side to take deeper hold of him the more JarJar refused to give in. It could have turned people around on JarJar and actually given the Gungan a proper arc (IMO).

Dewback and Artoo-Dion like this.
  14. Jonipoon

Apr 22, 2014
    I think a scene like that would be more humorous than intented....

"Ani? Wassa wrong with youssa?"
    "Out of my Jar Jar!"
    "Ani, Ani, nooooo!"
    "Aaaaarghhhh!!!"
    "NOOOOOOOOO!!!"

15. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    That's because you're only thinking of it as a joke.

16. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    Actually, if Jar Jar had seen through Palapatine and had attempted to resist, or at least was shown being sad and remorseful, it would have been a meaningful arc for the character. But I'm not really bothered. He was a awful character. I was perfectly happy to see very little of him.

Having said that, I actually really enjoyed a few of the episodes he featured in during the TCW. That series was able to use humor in a way not really appropriate in the movies (at least for some episodes), and although I think the character is awful, I actually admier Ahmed Best's committment to him. He does his best with what he's given. And the eyerolls the other characters make in TCW make the audience feel like they are in on the joke. The character was actually better written and integrated in TCW.

Satipo and Dra--- like this.
  17. Ganger

Ganger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    Just because it's mildly logical for a PT character to be still alive 50 some years after their moment to shine, doesn't make it logical for them to have any screen time in this movie. Specially when there's so much criticism towards those movies, and absolutely nothing to gain by doing so.

J.J. Abrams has laughed off any type of rumors or incinuation about Jar Jar Binks and if he does appear, it's probably going to be a blink and miss background character just for kicks and nothing more.

EDIT: I typed Jar Jar Binks instead of JJ Abrams! haha!

Dewback, Dra--- and Satipo like this.
  18. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    We already know JJ's opinion on it anyway - the most he would consider is dropping Jar Jar's sun bleached bones into the background of a Jakku desert shot.

19. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Isn't this thread just begging for the whole PT/OT thing? This isn't a real topic, is it?

Dewback, Satipo and TK327 like this.
  20. BobaBacca

Nov 6, 2015
    It is for me because the only ones who would hate the twist, foam at the mouth type of hate, are the ones who go over the top in their hate towards Jar Jar. I don't like Jar Jar, he is pointless and I don't like the humour, but if it turns out it is all an act, there is a point to him and I do like the humour. A Gungan would also make for a good Sith Lord and voiced by Andy Serkis. If Jar Jar fights using a drunken fist style of technique and trolls his enemy that would be very creative in my opinion.

ezekiel22x likes this.
  21. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Wow.

Dewback and Dra--- like this.
  22. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    yes he's in it. It's all over the marketing

[​IMG]

Dra--- likes this.
  23. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Interesting take. Not sure I agree with that route as I prefer Jar Jar as a good-hearted bumbler, but I always appreciate seeing different fan opinions.

24. BobaBacca

Nov 6, 2015
    I think what makes me like the Jar Jar twist most of all is at least it's an idea and there is such a complete lack of ideas being put forward as to who Snoke is. The person who came up with it actually is using their imagination and that's what I like, imagination and ideas, not rigid thinking

25. JediRocks74

JediRocks74 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 7, 2015
    They should have put Binks in Battlefront so you could chase him around. Lol

I don't think there is room for jar jar in TFA. No comic relief needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.