main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Jar Jar Binks in The Force Awakens

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by StartCenterEnd, Nov 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason79

Jason79 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Mesa no think so. Yousa all gone bombad!

2. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  3. BobaBacca

BobaBacca Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 6, 2015
    nowsa Kylo, yousa gona be obsessing abouts Ani okey-day?
    Yes, my master

4. Dustin Ren

Dustin Ren Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2015
    I think Rebels would be a perfect fit for the continuation of Jar Jar's story. I think his character thrives best in an animated medium of storytelling. I'll just say that I don't hate Jar Jar. I saw Phantom Menace as a kid and loved the movie. I found Jar Jar to be goofy and harmless. It was honestly years later that I even began to realize there was so much Jar Jar hate. I also have noticed that the majority of Star Wars fans in my orbit exhibit no blatant Jar Jar hatred. They just don't get too worked up over him even if he may be far from their favorite character.

I believe this character has more story to be told, and I hope that one day a great storyteller will have the guts to allow this character's journey to evolve and continue. He is undoubtedly an important character in the saga as a whole. His role in the elevation of Palpatine to supreme power cannot be underestimated. Palpatine took an innocent, trusting, and benignly naive Jar Jar and put him in a position where his actions brought something truly terrible to the galaxy. I always felt sorry for Jar Jar as he walked glumly along beside Padme in her funeral procession. He looked so deflated. The childlike joy that defined his character was replaced now by a grim and broken demeanor.

Episode VII may not be the ideal place to continue his story, but it's a story I want to see continued in some fashion. The one thing I would despise seeing is the bones of a Gungan or a Gungan frozen in carbonite in the background of some scene in Force Awakens.

starocean90 likes this.
  5. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Annoying in Episode 3?

6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Done here too... this thread has run its course. Locking.

CairnsTony and Dra--- like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.