main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jar Jar Binks..... where was he??

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by WookieDroppings, Mar 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WookieDroppings

WookieDroppings Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2003
    Don't you find it a little strange that Jar Jar was nowhere to be found in the Clone Wars? Yes I know that many of you are probably absolutely cool with that. Infact, it dosen't bother me in the least. I just thought it was kind of funny that he was never included in any episode.

2. DarthMaul431

DarthMaul431 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2003
    You know, I never thought about that. He could have at least been in the background.

3. master_organa

master_organa Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 5, 2004
    You just made me have a new love for the cartoons.

4. WookieDroppings

WookieDroppings Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2003
    You know, I never thought about that. He could have at least been in the background.

Yeah exactly. You would think that at least the chapters with Padme could have included him. Hmmm, maybe this is indicative of Episode 3. Will we even see him at all or is his character finished?

Of course it could be that the Clone Wars creators were haters of Jar Jar just like the majority of fans out there and purposely left him out.

5. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Naboo isn't seen or mentioned in the series, either. I would have liked to have seen a CW battle on Naboo.

I like small doses of Jar-Jar. He would have been good to see.

6. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    Naboo is seen in chapter 22.

7. wicket1138

wicket1138 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 10, 2002
    Naboo is seen in chapter 22.
    Uh... where exactly? If you mean the scene where she notices his scar... well I'm inclined to believe that that isn't Naboo... just doesn't look like Naboo to me.

Additionaly to the main point, there were no other major political figures either, so it is completely understandable that he was not there. Bail, Mon, the Loyalists... none of them feature... not exactly their place. What on Coruscant would they have done?

8. CBright7831

CBright7831 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2004
    I believe C3PO put in a better comedic performance than Jar Jar Binks ever could have.

Jar Jar wasn't needed, so he wasn't there.

9. CBright7831

Mar 23, 2004
    Another guy who I noticed was absent was Nute Gunray.

Although, of course, there is a Neimoidian in the background of the control room with that idiot San Hill, I don't believe that was him since he wears red, not blue.

10. Winston_Sith

Winston_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2004
    Jar Jar Binks? He's OK.

I can take him or leave him.

But, I hope that Jar Jar, whether he lives or dies, makes all you bullies who despise him and/or his very existence come to look like total imbeciles in Episode III.

I have Faith in GL that this can happen.

<big Jar Jar grin>

11. Emperor_Gunray

Emperor_Gunray Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2005
    I would have liked to have seen Nute Gunray, I think that was Lott Dod(Gilramos Libkath?) in the control room with San Hill.

Would have liked to see Bail Organa and Mas Amedda too.

12. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    But, I hope that Jar Jar, whether he lives or dies, makes all you bullies who despise him and/or his very existence come to look like total imbeciles in Episode III.

Are you implying he will do something... admirable?!

13. Skywalk272

Skywalk272 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2000
    I thought wed see bail in the last chapters for sure.. i think the even had a clone wars drawing of him someplace, guess he didnt make the cut..

I like Jar Jar...

*runs*

14. CBright7831

Mar 23, 2004
    Wrong thread.

15. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    I'm pretty sure thats Naboo. Take a look at it again the building look the same.

16. Siths_Revenge

Jul 27, 2004
    I thought those were residences on Coruscant?

17. Darth-Grizzly

Darth-Grizzly Jedi Youngling

Aug 12, 2003
    the clone wars series really focuses around anakin, padme, obi-wan, main characters, jar jar really isnt that important of a character, other than for people like me to find flash games and beat the crap out of him in them

18. Winston_Sith

Apr 8, 2004
    :::Are you implying he will do something... admirable?!

Are you implying that I'm about to spew... spoilers?

I think not. Spoilers are da last ting meesa wanten!!! (lol)

I don't know what he'll do, but he is not useless. He does have a reason for being in Star Wars - and it's not just to annoy (predominantly) Gen X'ers who grew up with the "O-OT".

19. CBright7831

Mar 23, 2004
    No, according to Ahmed Best, Jar Jar's reason for being in Star Wars was for the people who quite never fit in. He never fits in no matter what and always makes himself to look like a complete fool. Not to mention Lucas though it would be cool to have someone other than Threepio do the comedic work and try out some CGI.

20. HanJones

HanJones Jedi Master star 2

Nov 26, 2002
    Jar Jar also gives us someone to blame the rise of the Empire on. After all, it was Jar Jar who introduced the measure to give Palpatine emergency powers. D'OH!!!!!

21. Siths_Revenge

Jul 27, 2004
    But what people never really catch on is that Palpatine was manipulating Jar Jar to perform that action.

22. Winston_Sith

Apr 8, 2004
    Intersting to know Best?s take on it.

I think it's true that Jar Jar Binks started off as an outsider, and once he got some notoriety, he was cursed even more with always having to try to act like a bigshot "Representative". In his few lines in AOTC, he acts like a pompous, foppish, wind-bag of a politician? much like our friend, Palps <cue Sith Theme>. Of course, early on, Padme sees through the act, cuts him off in the middle of his sophistry, and sends him on his way, quite tragically unaware of the damage that he would unwittingly do to the Republic.

Of course, Jar Jar is not evil, but he didn't act like a pompous, foppish, wind-bag in TPM, either. So the change from naive klutz, to ?sophisticated politico? must happened some time in the ten years between TPM and AOTC.

I think that when he was elected to the Republic Senate by his people, he was quite unsure what his duties as the Gungan Representative would entail, and he was looking for a personality he could base his performance in the Senate upon. So, he, naturally, modeled himself after his home planet?s most successful Politician (guess who?), so the mind trick in AOTC is even easier to understand.

Palps owned Jar Jar Binks from the minute he set foot on Coruscant to begin his newfound career as a Co-Representative of Naboo, and maybe even before that.

Where else can a personality like this go in Episode III?

I don't know...

23. Uncle_Owen_Kenobi

Uncle_Owen_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    Please. The Republics back was up against the wall. Their only course of action was to use the Clones. If Jar Jar hadn't of suggested Palpy take charge someone else would have. The inane "let's trick the Gungan" was so pointless. That scene could have easily been cut, it brought nothing to the table. The entire Senate votes unanimously in Palpys favor anyways. That whole scene and the lead up just screamed "hack material".

24. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    Jar Jar Fan but, I dont think he was needed. The Clone Wars is basicly action all the way through, jar jar or and or political people (palpy aside) would have slowed it down to much)

25. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    I think you presume too much WookieDroppings. Point me to a poll that actually shows that the MAJORITY (51%) of SW fans hate Jar Jar. Just because you say it doesn't make it true.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.