main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jar Jar in OT Anyone?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Alomanuma_Topha, Jan 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alomanuma_Topha

Alomanuma_Topha Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2004
    I was thinking it would be cool if in the UE (or whatever it'll be called) of star wars, Lucas added Jar Jar into some of the scenes. Maybe Jar Jar dies in Ep3, but I hope not... I think he adds something good to star wars as long as they don't overuse him like in TPM.

What do you guys think of these ideas:

ANH:
    - In the very first scene aboard Leia's ship. He could be doing all sorts of crazy stuff when the stromtroopers blast through the door. I'm not sure how he would escape, maybe in the escape pod with c3po and r2d2, but that wouldn't match up with the "hold your fire" scene, but I guess they could edit that out anyways.

- Have him watching the battle of Yavin with leia and c3po. I think he would work well in that scene. Maybe he could *gulp* or faint when Luke is the last one left.

ESB:
    - The only scene that Jar Jar would work well in is the Battle of Hoth. Maybe instead of Luke taking out that AT-AT, Jar Jar could accidentally destroy one. He could do a lot of funny stuff. I don't know, maybe not.

- It would be cool if he was on board the falcon with han, leia, chewie, and 3po. Would probably be hard to do it w/o the other actors talking to him, but maybe it would work.

ROTJ:
    - I was thinking it would be cool to either have Jar Jar on Endor trying to blow up the shild generator with han or edit Jar Jar in to co-pilot with Lando when they attack the death star. I think he would work well with Lando, and I'd much rather see Jar Jar in helping Lando than that alien that's there now.

Anyone else have any good places to edit him in or other PT characters?

EV Edit: **Shudders at the mere thought of Jar Jar in the OT** Anyways, I'm going to redirect this to the SE/AE thread which is full of other hopefull changes.

2. Cyprusg

Cyprusg Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2002
    I'm assuming you're joking. But I'll risk looking like a fool and answer seriously.

Jar-Jar being in the Original Trilogy would be the worst decision George Lucas has ever made, even more so than creating Jar Jar.

Not only would it hurt the sales of the DVD (assuming you'd want Jar-Jar in the DVD) but there would be a backlash never before seen since TPM came out.

So basically, I think it'd be a terrible idea.

3. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    No no Jar Jar.

4. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I like Jar Jar however this would make fans of the OT
    cringe. This could turn into a second Greedo shoots first situation.

I think (let´s say I hope) that Jar Jar survives EP III
    and settles down on Alderaan along with the other Senators. Then in ANH he has an off screen death making the scene more powerful for those darn bashers and less
    complicating than it would be if you have Jar Jar killed
    on-screen in Ep III which would eventually cause some idiots in the theatre to cheer- and that would suck big time.

I don´t think it´s a good idea either to have Jar Jar in the OT. Anyway, let´s wait and see till Ep III when his
    future might get revealed. I just hope his future isn´t too bad.

5. Kinobe

Kinobe Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2003
    Jar Jar in the OT would be as popular as a fart in a space suit :)

6. Leias_love_slave

Leias_love_slave Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2003
    I'd like to lock you alone in a room with Jar Jar for twenty-four hours and then ask you how you feel about putting him in the OT.

8-}

7. Lurking_Around

Lurking_Around Jedi Knight star 6

May 26, 2002
    ESB:
    - The only scene that Jar Jar would work well in is the Battle of Hoth. Maybe instead of Luke taking out that AT-AT, Jar Jar could accidentally destroy one. He could do a lot of funny stuff. I don't know, maybe not.

[face_plain] [face_plain] [face_plain] [face_plain] [face_plain]

*prays Lucas never reads this thread*

8. JediMasterChiefYoda

JediMasterChiefYoda Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2003
    The only place I can see Jar Jar in the OT is during the final celebration sence. . .showing him celebrating on Naboo w/ the current Queen. . .but that's it for the best jester of the Star Wars Universe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.