main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC Jar Jar is dead

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Vivsta, Oct 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vivsta

Vivsta Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2005
    I like this theory - in ROTS he's on the senate and in ANH they senate has been wiped and replaced by regional governors... He's dead he's dead he's dead *happy dance* Hehehehe

2. Scott_M

Scott_M Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2000
    Eh? When Tarkin said the Emperor had "dissolved the council permanently" he didn't mean in lime.

The Senators - including Senator Binks - would still be around; they'd just be unemployed. He's probably doing his on happy dance in Theed at the end of ROTJ.

3. Vivsta

Vivsta Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2005
    Yeah but you saying Jar Jar is still alive on it's own shows why my theory is way better than yours? :p

4. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    All I know is that George raped my childhood by placing Jar Jar's voice saying "Wesa free" in the victory montage in ROTJ. [face_plain]

5. Scott_M

Oct 24, 2000
    So pick another version to watch.

6. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    He did? Shows how much attention I pay.

7. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001

My tape player doesn't work anymore. :p

8. lordvaderFF

lordvaderFF Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    What's a tape?

9. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    It's some old technology thing. I wouldn't use them, they are as big as a book!!! :eek:

10. lordvaderFF

lordvaderFF Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Before Episode 1 was release I said that Jar Jar would be the "Ewok" of the Prequels.

People would either love him or hate him......little did I know how many people would hate him. :)

11. Darth_Giz

Darth_Giz Jedi Youngling

Sep 9, 2005

Yeeesss this was just before he was linched by an angry mob for putting the Emperor in power in the first place.

12. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    They should release on DVD the "before George got more money than sense" versions of SW, unaltered, in all their grainy brilliance. :)

13. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    The irony is I'm sure he'd make more money that way than by tarting them up in new clothes like he does these days.

14. Scott_M

Oct 24, 2000
    Yes! How dare he change things to how he wants them after investing all that time and money! The chutzpah of the man...

15. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    I'm not saying he doesn't have the right, I'm just saying it's really crap this way.

16. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    bah it's all good, I'm not bothered. I actually enjoy most of the changes.
    I'm not that fussy, as long as the core elements are there and John Williams' soundtrack hasn't been replaced by the Jamster frog I'm happy

17. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Don't go giving them ideas, Jonnage. [face_plain]

Actually, the score is the one area I'm really anal about. Some people have suggested throwing in Anakin's theme, or Battle of the Heroes in the OT... arg! I cannot stand the notion! Even the Imperial March in ANH would drive me nuts!

18. Scott_M

Oct 24, 2000
    I haven't watched the deevs yet, but I heard talk of them including Darth's Theme in the ANH. Did that ever eventuate? I can envision it being used instead of the four note fanfare that accompanies the Star Destroyer flying towards the Death Star, though I do prefer that bit the way it is.

Also there's no need for Anakin's theme in the OT, since Darth's Theme is incorporated into Anakin's Theme anyway, and Darth's Theme plays it's last when he dies on the Death Star.

19. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

May 23, 2005
    The talk is just to have it play during his entrance on the Tantive IV, and that's it.

It's a good idea, since we associate Vader with that march (which is awesome), just like we associate The Shark with the Jaw's theme.

It would tie ANH together with the rest of the saga to give it more of a flow.

it's just a shame that Johnny Williams didn't come up with the Imperial March before ESB.

20. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    It so isn't a good idea.

Why? Because WHO GIVES A FLYING HUGGARD WHAT WE ASSOCIATE WITH VADER NOW!!!!!

The point is, ANH is a cultural artifact in it's originality. It is, warts and all, continuity and non-continuity, the reason we all got into SW in the first place. The score is *incredibly* important in that reasoning for me, and for many other fans. It would just completely ruin the film if we went fiddling with the score for continuity's sake.

21. SirNickTheTiny

SirNickTheTiny Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 20, 2005
    Amen, TBM.

Even me in all my younginess got into SW by seeing the original (The Special Edition tho... [face_plain])

22. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Heh. Being the ancient bloke that I am, I remember getting all giddy when I heard they were rereleasing the films. Yup, a fan since I was 5. How depressing. :p

23. SirNickTheTiny

SirNickTheTiny Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 20, 2005
    i have been a fan since i was six (1997) :p

24. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    You were born in 1991?!?!

That freaks me out no end.

25. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

May 23, 2005
    Star wars is just as good. I'm happy with most of the changes. But in all honesty ANH is so narrow and confined considering how each other movie opened up this huge world.

*waits for things to be thrown*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.