1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Adelaide (21-23rd November) | Brisbane (28th-30th November)

FF:VIC Jar Jar is dead

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Vivsta, Oct 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    What do you mean, narrow and confined? As far as I'm concerned, ANH has the greatest sense of wonder and mystique of all the films.
  2. lordvaderFF FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    Man do I feel old. :eek:

I GOT MARRIED IN 1991.........I'M OLD ENOUGH TO BE HIS DAD. :_|
  3. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Master

star 4
    Well- ANH isn't narrow, I'm just trying to say that it seems that way compared to the other films in their scope.

Come to think of it though, maybe that's not true. Theres just so much to see and learn about, that you can only see a microscopic percentage of it in ANH
  4. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Maybe you just mean because ANH is really the only SW film that can stand on its own as a film . . . it doesn't necessarily seem part of the trilogy?
  5. SirNickTheTiny Jedi Knight

star 1
    [:D] come here "dad" :p

(i feel so speshal :))
  6. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Well if you were married in '91 I'm guessing you are old enough to be my dad too. Now that's a scary thought.
  7. PulsarSkate Ex-Mod

star 7
    Fear not LVFF, you're not old enough to be my dad...I don't think so anyway. Unless you knocked someone up 11 years before you were married
  8. lordvaderFF FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    Ummmmmmmmmmmmm...what's your mums name PS? :)

9. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
  10. PulsarSkate Ex-Mod

star 7
    Very [face_plain]

I look NOTHING like you :p
  11. SirNickTheTiny Jedi Knight

star 1
    how do you know LVFF doesn't wear a latex mask all the time... (like in the movie "The Witches" based on a novel by Roald Dahl) :p
  12. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Ah! That movie freaked me out when I was a kid. So scary...

Yeah, it's possible he wears a mask. We should have tried pulling his face off when we met him, hey Jess?
  13. PulsarSkate Ex-Mod

star 7
  14. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I don't suppose anyone knows which film "Aquarium" by Saint-Saens was used in in the early 90s? It has been bugging me for over a year now, and I thought it was The Witches but I turned out to be wrong. I am seriously considering putting a monetary reward on this information!!! Google will not help me!
  15. Black_Hope Jedi Padawan

It is confirmed Jar Jar Binks perished in Episode IV when Alderran was destroyed by the Death Star, Jar Jar was living there.
  16. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Confirmed? Confirmed from where?
  17. Black_Hope Jedi Padawan

In the official Star Wars timeline on Wikipedia.
  18. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    This is the only entry surrounding the destruction of Alderaan on the timeline:

After Leia refuses to disclose the location of the rebel base, Grand Moff Tarkin orders the Death Star to destroy her home world of Alderaan, killing her adoptive father, Bail Organa. Garm Bel Iblis soon leaves the Rebel Alliance due to disagreements with Mon Mothma, taking some of his forces, although most of his troops remain with the Alliance. This leaves Mon Mothma as the leader of the Rebel Alliance.

Nothing about Jar-Jar. Also, his fate is not mentioned on the Official Site. Similarly, there is nothing about it in the Jar-Jar entry on Wikipedia.
  19. SirNickTheTiny Jedi Knight

star 1
    NEVER...TRUST...A...WIKI...PEDIA!

i once saw someone edited the title of the 'Episode III' info to "Cottage Cheese" or something ridiculous like that... [face_plain]
  20. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    [face_laugh]

Haha . . . I still think it should've been Episode Three: The Divorce.
  21. SirNickTheTiny Jedi Knight

star 1
    Episode III: "Bad" People Fighting Badder People who are both working for the same baddest man (second to Mon Mothma [face_sick]): The Seaquel to Titanic
  22. Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    The prequels give credibility to the EU as a more viable and believable continuation of hte original myth. That's how bad they are. ;) Ian's portrayal as Palpatine notwithstanding. (drools)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.