main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Jar Jar One: An Actual Star Wars Story

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Negotiator1138, Apr 6, 2016.

?

Could Jar Jar have a cameo or more in Rogue One?

Poll closed Aug 6, 2016.
  1. Yes, background Jar Jar would be good for continuity between the trilogies.

45.5%
  2. No, fans would vomit on their popcorn.

54.5%
  1. Subtext Mining

Subtext Mining Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2016
    [​IMG]
    This would be awesome.

Kudos to the Bothans for Death Star II.

But the first one? That was all about the Gungans, man.

2. The Bops

The Bops Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    I'd like this.

3. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    Mesa camera shy....

I'd be fine with Jar Jar as a background character but there really isn't an need for him although it would be a redemption of sorts for letting Palpatine persuade him to create the clone army...

Kenobi1138 likes this.
  4. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Just one question? Would the entire Gungan Race be inhabiting the Death Star during the Battle of Yavin? [face_devil]

Or be living on Alderaan immediately before said battle?

Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  5. dva3842

dva3842 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 2, 2008
    I don't see the point, much of TPM was "Jar Jar One: a gungan story"; As Plinkett pointed out, it was too late structurally to edit it out into it's on jar-jar movie after Lucas tried to laugh it off "I might've went too far".

6. Negotiator1138

Negotiator1138 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 23, 2016
    .... What? dva3842 That post had nothing to do with this thread.

Also, let's not talk about the RLM reviews. They aren't good for forum discussion.

I would love to hear your own opinions though, instead of the opinion of someone else.

The topic is now kind of moot since the movie is out. But we saw that Jar Jar was in that league of rebels with Bail Organa and Senator Amidala, so it is reasonable that he might have had a part in the rebellion.

We obviously didn't see him in the movie, which is totally understandable, but a small cameo would have made sense. This thread is still welcome to discuss what that might have been. This thread is also kind of a joke since there was probably never any chance at all it was gonna happen, but it is still fun to theorize what would have been.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  7. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    He could've been Blue Leader! The haters would've been conflicted, to put it mildly.

Kenobi1138 likes this.
  8. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I think it could go two ways. On the one hand, we could have Imperial Moff Jar-Jar, who gained influence after proposing the emergency powers act, and became closer with the Imperial administration.

On the other hand, perhaps Jar-Jar came to realise his mistakes in supporting the war, and by virtue of being in Padme's social circle joined the early rebellion.

Either choice would be an interesting direction to take.

9. GoJohnnyGo

GoJohnnyGo Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 19, 2012
    Jar Jars big adventure would be to movies what Thriller was to the record industry. I think this goes without saying...

Lulu Mars likes this.