main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jar Jar's Big "O"

Discussion in 'Archive: The Phantom Menace' started by Forja-Bingbey, Mar 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forja-Bingbey

Forja-Bingbey Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2002
    Trying to be as tackful as I can. Has anyone else ever noticed the Jar Jar big "O" scene in the film? It's this silly little noise/sound thing that Jar Jar does in the film while him and Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon are in the Bongo. Look for it right when Obi-Wan says: "Powers back on." Then watch and LISTEN for how would you say... Jar Jar's release. Its quite disturbing. My friends and I all get a kick out of this when it happens. For the life of me I can't figure out why he does it, but he does. Enjoy.

2. Obladi_Oblada

Obladi_Oblada Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 18, 2005
    Qui-Gon uses the Force to make him calm down but, as Obi-Wan points out, he goes too far. What you're referring to is when Jar Jar comes to. Err.. that is to say, when he wakes up.

Or wait.. it might be when Qui-Gon first puts him to sleep. Anyway, it's one of those..

3. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    I think he's referring to the "Ooooh" sound he utters towards Qui-Gon just before Obi-Wan says "Power's back".
    I always think about this as well, but I don't think it's particularly disturbing. I guess it's just some sort of gungan habit. When they've yelled at someone, they always say "Ooooh" ;)

Gungans - they are weird
    /LM

4. Obladi_Oblada

Mar 18, 2005
    Yeah. Isn't that when Jar Jar wakes up? He kinda blinks funny and goes, "OOoohh.." Like, "Oh, my head."

5. Lars_Muul

Oct 2, 2000
    No, it's when they're inside the cave, waiting for Obi-Wan to fix the bongo. You've got the scene mixed up! :)

Scenes - they can mix up
    /LM

6. Obladi_Oblada

Mar 18, 2005
    Nope. Just checked the DVD. He does do this weird Donald Duck kinda frustrated noise at that part but the really questionable sounding one is when Qui-Gon puts him to sleep. Then right after Obi-Wan says, "You overdid it..." Although I did mix up the going to sleep and waking up parts. It's the going to sleep part where he makes the noise.

7. Lars_Muul

Oct 2, 2000
    There is nothing weird with that sound. He moans because Qui-Gon puts him to sleep. The other sound, however, seemingly comes out of nowhere. If you can explain it, I'll be impressed.

Jar Jar has many sounds
    /LM

8. Obladi_Oblada

Mar 18, 2005
    Eh, Jar Jar's weird. But I think it's just a noise of frustration with the whole situation. But c'mon.. his going to sleep noise is disturbing. Listen to it.

9. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    Oh, come now, out of the gutters, out of the gutters.

10. Lars_Muul

Oct 2, 2000
    I'm not in the gutter. I'm perfectly satisfied with "noise of frustration". In fact, I'm impressed ;)

Gutters - they exist
    /LM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.