main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jar Jar's ultimate purpose...

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Anakin_Skywalker, Jun 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin_Skywalker

Anakin_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    I remember back right before AOTC came that that GL said in an interview that: "Jar Jar's role was reduced from what it was orignally supposed to be b/c of negitive fan reaction in TPM". Okay, Seeing how Lucas has had all 6 "Planned out" from day one, What more do you think Jar Jar would've done in AOTC/ROTS besides "Emergency Powers" & "Walking in a funeral"?

2. GarthSidious

GarthSidious Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2005
    i have a feeling that "all planned out" might have meant a very rough storyline. a jedi order... obi-wan trained by yoda... anakin the chosen one turns to the dark side... the jedi is destroyed... obi-wan and yoda into exile.

but about the jar-jar thing, he probably would have had a similar role as in TPM: overdone comic relief.

3. ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP_

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 30, 2005
    i have a feeling that "all planned out" was complete bull$h&%, did he plan out the part where Mark Hamel got into a car accident and disfigured his face requiring a scene to explain his different face? if he did I hope mark hamel files assault charges against lucus for causing his car accident just to suite his planned out triolgy vision of mark hamel having plastic surgury

4. GarthSidious

GarthSidious Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2005
    exactly with the car accident and the scars and the wampa and all that

but i beleive he did have an idea of the story he was writing. but he probably couldve written all of it on one page of lined paper.

5. DarkMasterJester

DarkMasterJester Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2005
    Well I tink that Jar Jar is a stupid creature and all gungans sould be used as minimal wadge line production worker. and should not be allowed to form any union and recive any benfits.

6. Allie_the_Great

Allie_the_Great Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2005
    LEARN TO SPELL YOU TOOSSNUT

7. dooku-ca-choo

dooku-ca-choo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 5, 2004
    While Lucas probably had an outline of the story, I seriously doubt he had all six episodes scripted or even plotted until it came time to make each film.

I think Jar Jar's role was probably reduced because See-Threepio sorta took over the slapstick side of things for AotC. And for RotS, the comedy was really limited to Artoo's act near the beginning of the film. I suppose if Jar Jar were included in those films in a larger role, he probably would have replaced the droids in their comedic roles.

8. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    His actually role in terms of the mechanics of the main story would've been much the same. If he hadn't been downsized, he just would've done more hanging around being irritating a la TPM.

9. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Jar Jar's role was not reduced because of fan reactions. It went the way it was supposed to go.

Jar Jar lives
    /LM

10. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    There was a purpose at all? Meditate on that I will!

11. Sima_Sith

Sima_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2005
    did he die? like did someone kill him?

12. mynameismyown

mynameismyown Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    i think people worry about how jar jars role ended up in the prequels is because they kinda like that floppy eared idiot.

13. theBluePhoenix

theBluePhoenix Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2001
    I think Jar-Jar?s ultimate goal is to star in (another) remake of The Nutty Professor called ?The Gungan Professor.?

Seriously, I think that Anakin should have killed Jar-Jar in ROTS. Not because I hate Jar-Jar but because I think it would have been a powerful scene.

14. FallenKnight88

FallenKnight88 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2005
    1) Become a significant pawn in the Emperor's game by giving him Emergency Powers.

2) To p'off Star Wars fans.

15. mynameismyown

mynameismyown Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    i wish we couldve had the jar jar holiday special. seriously why does lucas hate the holiday special and still create incredibly juvenile characters like jar jar and silly dialogue to go with it

16. YodaJediMaster12

YodaJediMaster12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 26, 2002
    I remember back right before AOTC came that that GL said in an interview that: "Jar Jar's role was reduced from what it was orignally supposed to be b/c of negitive fan reaction in TPM".

PPOR please. :)

17. dooku-ca-choo

dooku-ca-choo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 5, 2004
  18. That_Random_Jedi

That_Random_Jedi Jedi Master star 3

May 14, 2005
    Jar Jar had a purpose other than annoyance?

19. Lord_Steve_Bartman

Lord_Steve_Bartman Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2005
    I heard that George Lucas' son loved Jar-Jar so much that originally Jar-Jar was planned to be the Emperor (Darth Sidious). That loveable Gungan appearance was just a ruse and during his fateful battle with Mace Windu lightning would reveal his true appearance, Ian McDermit. But after everyone hated Jar-Jar in episode I Lucas had to replace Palpatine as the Emperor. Anyone else heard that?

20. HowardFilms

HowardFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2005
    ^^ Wait, I thought that was what DID happen! lol

21. Lord_Steve_Bartman

Lord_Steve_Bartman Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2005
    HowardsFilms, maybe you saw the director's cut, any idea where I can get my hands on that?????

22. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    No, but it surely would have been a nice scene. [:D]

23. DarthHomer

DarthHomer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2000
    I don't believe Lucas cut back Jar Jar's role much due to the bad publicity. I just can't see how he could have fit into the plots of AOTC and ROTS anymore than he did. Accompanying Obi-Wan to Kamino in a one-person fighter? Tagging along with Anakin on his mission to Mustafar? I don't think so!

24. YodaOz

YodaOz Jedi Master star 1

May 24, 2005
    While Lucas probably had an outline of the story, I seriously doubt he had all six episodes scripted or even plotted until it came time to make each film.

That is what I am debating.

25. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Debating is nice, but what is done is done. Like the destruction of Alderan. Can not really be undone, can it? But wait! GL has editors and he allready did force changes on OT. Help, he must be stopped or he makes us all rather unhappy! Exept those who think that he has no faults at all. Imagine Jar Jar being in OT, too. [face_praying]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.