main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Jason Bourne] The Bourne Renewel [Updated]

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by blubeast1237, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    The Bourne Renewel

Chapter 1: Chase
    Author: Blubeast1237
    Genre: Thriller, Action, Mystery
    Summary: This story is about a troubled intelligence agent known as Jason Bourne and his infiltration into the Middle East terrorist network. The story begins 5 years after his occupation began. This is before the occurences of the movies, though they and the original books are terribly different.
    Setting: Iran
    Other: First time posting a story and hopefully wont be the last. Also, this was an original story, but since original fics aren't allowed, I decided to make this a Jason Bourne story. I do not own Robert Ludlum's Jason Bourne, of course.

[i]6:58[/i] [b]P.M[/b]

The gun was loaded and his mind was settled. The meeting was scheduled for 7 and he knew the two men would show up right on time. They always did. If he hadn't been in the intelligence business for 7 years, he would have thought that they just sat outside and waited until a minute before meetings, then moved. But these guys didn't wait. They were just that scheduled.

He glanced at the backpack.

The two men had names and he had saw their names, but he couldn't think of them. This was the most disturbing part of his job. Not knowing whether some things were important or if they were just among the garbage that was fed to you to distract you from the truth. They were coming here to do business and despite his own troubles you had to shrug off your own worries and misgivings and do your job, or else you die.

[i]6:59[/i] [b]P.M[/b]

He stood up and pulled on his camo colored jacket. Placed a cap on his head, slid dark shades over his face, and yanked up the backpack. Picking up the pistol he stared at the door until he heard footsteps walking toward it and stop. Three knocks came and then two more. This was when he was supposed to open up the door. Aiming at head level in the middle of the door, he fired two shots then swung the weapon down and slightly to the right and fired at chest level.

[i]7:00[/i] [b]P.M[/b]

Bourne opened the door after a couple of seconds had passed and looked down at the two bodies. One man's face had two bullets holes in it and the other's was wrenched in pain as he clinched his chest. Seeing Bourne, he tried to reach for his gun but was knocked back to the ground by Bourne's pistol. He picked the man up and slid the backpack onto the strangers shoulder and pulled the man down the hall then down the stairs until they were in the lobby.

Men, women, and children were in the main area, probably 45 to 60 people. Taking note, Bourne ducked into the crowd until he had dragged the dying man to a seat and walked swiftly away, out of the hotel.

[i]7:03[/i] [b]P.M[/b]

A large explosion erupted from the hotel, blasting bodies and rubble out into the streets. Bourne watched as the explosion set off a panic that echoed down the streets of the marketplace. People were crying, screaming, and running everywhere, crushing ones who had fallen while knocking others to the ground. Bourne threw the detonator into the stampede and slid into an alley.

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Please follow the rules about fandom tags and include the Fandom in brackets before the title of the story (even though it has the name in the title).

3. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Nice work, I dig the style. Looking forward to reading more.

The nitpicker in me tells me to tell you that it's actually spelled "Renewal." :p

4. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Yes Reynar, that was intentional...Or at least that's what I'm going to tell you.[face_worried]

[i]9:17[/i] [b]P.M[/b]

[i]"[b]Bourne...Bourne[/b], are you there?"[/i]

He scowled at the phone before zipping up the duffle bag on the table. [i]"Yea, I'm here."[/i] He didn't want to answer, because the question was sarcastic and rhetorical. Treadstone operatives were to answer their phones no matter the time nor the situation. Unless you were dead was the only excuse for not answering, in which case the phone would detonate when it reached the voicemail.

Needless to say, enough incentive by itself.

The main reason the phone calls were so important was simple: Too many things being done in a small window of time. Operatives had bank accounts, multiple appointments, and changes in mission details all happening within a day or so. Incorrect information could get you killed, late information could get you captured, which was a hell of alot worse considering.

[i]"Quite a showing at the hotel. You didn't have to blow the entire ground floor to hell, Bourne."[/i]

Bourne picked up the phone, turning the camera towards him. [i]"Listen. You see me, you rat****? Those guys were not the ones in the pictures, so who were they?"[/i]

The man over the phone shifted in his seat abit before grinning and responded. [i]"Those men work for Geride and Haraj Lebenk. International weapon traders. They have recently been reported to be in the business of biological weapons trading with Iranian terrorists."[/i]

[i]"What the hell do you mean recently? And reported by who-"[/i]

[i]"Now Jason, don't worry, the operatives were interpol and they have been.*cough*..taken care of. Recently, within the last 7 months."[/i] The man rubbed his chin, looking away from the camera momentarily before glancing back at the screen.

He was acting, and Bourne knew it. He had dealt with associates of this type before. The ones whose mouths told lies, but bodies told the truth. He was telling Bourne that this mission briefing didn't have much more then what he was saying. Not because of lack of knowledge or recon, but because parts of it were missing. Probably edited out.

Bourne knew this conversation was over, because the rest of it would be bull****. Tearing his gaze from the screen of the phone, Bourne swung the duffle bag over his shoulder and tucked his pistol in his pants. [i]"When and where?"[/i]

[i]"16 hours, Baghdad. Bour-"[/i]

[i]"How long?"[/i] Bourne said shortly, picking up the phone and peering out the window of the 4th floor of the hotel. He didn't like being so far up above the ground floor, but this was the best the Middle Easterns were willing to give an outsider.

[i]"They'll be there in 3 minutes. Good-"[/i]

Closing the phone and shoving it in his jacket's pocket, Bourne took a couple steps back before launching himself through the window.

5. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Badass. Nicely done.

6. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    I love the way you referenced Damon's use of the term 'rat****' from the Departed. That word really sealed the deal proving that Jason was pissed off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.