main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jason Momoa as Quinlain Vos

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DarkStallion2K, May 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStallion2K

DarkStallion2K Jedi Youngling

Dec 8, 2005
    Jason Momoa as Quinlan Vos (should they include him in the possible series)...not too shabby eh? Beats the actor playing him in PM.

2. Commander_Kayman

Commander_Kayman Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2006
    who is he??[face_worried]

3. DarkStallion2K

Dec 8, 2005
    He's in the Stargate: Atlantis series and did a little Baywatch back in the day. Just copy/paste his name in Google Images.

4. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Whas' PM? :confused:

{||||| ?||} -----------------------------

5. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    "Phantom Menace" I'd assume

6. Blackout

Oct 7, 2000
    Normally I'd assume the same, but I don't recall seeing Quinlan in TPM? :confused: I'm sure I'd have heard about it before now.

I thought he wasn't even mentioned in the movies until RotS...

7. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    well, me too - unless he was one of the ensemble characters not properly featured/mentioned, but appears in the databank

8. Blackout

Oct 7, 2000
    Aaaah, I see! Every day's a school day! :D

[image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/quinlanvos/img/bts_bg.jpg]
    Fair 'nuff :)

Having not known this before, is there a reason why Qui-Gon doesn't give a "Quinlan! Good to see ya, you old Gundark! Don't suppose I can borrow your transport back to Corrers can I? Only our Hyperdrives carked it, a planet's been invaded and it looks like I'm here for a couple of days before the pod-race where my luck *might* be in. I'm workin' in a time-frame here!"

9. DarkStallion2K

Dec 8, 2005
    Yeah, PM is Phantom Menace (I hate it when people abbreviate every little thing too but I assumed everyone would get "PM"). I found out from this site I believe that there is a character "resembling" Vos. He appears during the scene when Jar Jar and Sebulba squabble a bit. He's in the background if you can catch a peek I can safely say that the guy looks exactly like Vos, especially seeing as how he has a yellow mark exactly where Vos has his.

10. JediKink

JediKink Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2005
    You hardly even see him in that picture!!

11. DarkStallion2K

Dec 8, 2005
    I know, but if you hit the pause button just before it shows him and then frame up until you get the best shot the similiarities are undeniable. I just don't see the character being anyone else BUT Vos.

12. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    That background extra was spotted by eagle-eyed artist Jan Durseema (in the theater, without a pause button) and she used him (from memory) as the visual basis for Vos in the comics. A few story arcs later established it actually was Quin on Tatooine, undercover, and that hedidn't want to blow their cover, though he also were unaware at how desperate Qui-Gon's situation was.

>>Yeah, PM is Phantom Menace (I hate it when people abbreviate every little thing too but I assumed everyone would get "PM").<<

TPM is the more common abbreviation encounetred on the boards- especially since "PM" is generally used for "Private Message" here.

13. JarJarPlagueis

JarJarPlagueis Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 24, 2005
    That's really awesome! I started a discussion about this in the Prequel Forum. Do you have any more information on the creation of Quinlan? Didn't Jan at least get a VHS copy to pause? If not, then I'm amazed!

I also want to ask you about your signature. Is it confirmed that K'Kruhk is still alive after ROTJ? Please elaborate. I've never accepted that all the Jedi were killed by Order 66. Just watch Qui-Gonn and Obi-Wan in TPM. Do you really think EVERY, or even MOST, Jedi wouldn't be able to outfight the clones? At the very least, I hope GL realises what a great move it would be to make Quinlan a major character.

14. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Vos won't be on the TV show. I know you think he'll be, and you'd love him to be, and it stands to reason that he would be, but he won't.

My guess is that the only returning characters will be the ones established in the movies. Any new characters won't be from the current EU. The writers will want all new characters, ones they can build for the new audience, and use them around established common characters the audience will know, like Obi-Wan, Vader or Yoda. They don't want to cater to the current EU crowd, they'll be trying to capture a new audience.

Writers are very fickle. These guys will want to create their own characters, not use Vos, Aayla, Thrawn, or someone who's been in novels and comics for years.

15. DarkStallion2K

Dec 8, 2005
    Who took the gem out of your doughnut? J/K
    I figured as much...I guess it's up to me to get my degree in Cinematography to continue the EU tales. I won't let you guys down. :)

16. Blackout

Oct 7, 2000
    Send me an e-mail when you're at the concept-design stage, Stallion, I'll come and help :D

Oh, and it's Jam, mate ;)

17. JarJarPlagueis

Dec 24, 2005
    You speak with authority. How do you know? I thought at this point the series was still in its planning stages? Every good series needs an heroic lead, and we both know that Quinlan would be perfect. In any event, why would GL ask that he be spared if it wasn't to use him, and if not in the TV series, then where?

18. ironclone75

ironclone75 Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2004
    actually, this is an exact quote from mccallum himself about the new series...

"McCallum also denied rumors that the new series would focus on members of the Skywalker family, but repeated that the show will take place in the timeframe between Episode III and IV. "All-new characters," he added. "That missing 20-year period when Luke is growing up. ... Think bounty hunter. That's all I can tell you. There's nobody else that you'll know [in it]. At the moment. You know, it's still [in] really, really early stages. He hasn't really sat down to think about which direction [he's going]."

from what i've heard, they are pretty much doing only EU stories on EU characters. You wont see Han Solo for instance, but you will see like Boba chasing the Falcon here or there. Think Bounty Hunters, Jedi still on the run that were not gunned down during the purge, and a character like Quinlon Vos on the run, searching for the truth. They have already signed Momoa, so he is playing the role. They have also signed the girl that played aayla secura, and the kid who played boba, he's all grown up now. I iknow it's after the purge, and "blue-girl" died, but Vos and Secura were master and apprentice at one point...just a note to keep in mind. Should be exciting, just guess all the EU haters better get over it, or i guess they cant watch...

19. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Quinlan Vos will not be the star of the new show. There's no way of knowing what the show will be about, but it won't center around any current EU character, like Vos or Thrawn. Bookmark this thread and come back in about 2 years.

20. JarJarPlagueis

Dec 24, 2005
    When Rick McCallum mentions "new characters," this might include EU characters because they're new to the audience of the movie? Can you confirm the information about the actors you mentioned? That would be great! I always thought that Aayla Secura would survive because she's too hot to kill off? Maybe Commander Bly only stunned her, and later on revived her so he could have his way with her in exchange for letting her live...? :)

21. DarkStallion2K

Dec 8, 2005
    Thanks for the offer but I'd rather do it right the first time, but thanks for the spell check.

Now back to the original topic...I'm not saying Vos will be in the series, this thread was only started to show the resemblance betweeen Momoa and the character. Read carefully before assuming something you guys.

22. Blackout

Oct 7, 2000
    [face_laugh] Who've you been talking to about me?

;) {||||| ?||} -----------------------------

23. DarkStallion2K

Dec 8, 2005
    Noone, I find it's bad manners to talk about someone without them being aware.

24. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    Here's an interesting fact: Quinlan was slated to die at the end of The Hidden Enemy, a 3-part story arc in the Republic comic series. However, George Lucas himself requested that Quin's creators not kill him off, supposedly because he wants the character to appear in the TV series.

Even so, I doubt he will actually star in the series, but signs point to at least a cameo appearance. Possibly also from other Jedi who survived the Purge.

As to the topic of this thread, here's Momoa's Wiki entry. OK, he's got the dreads, but he doesn't really look like Quin.

Here's Doug Wangler, friend of Jan Duursema, who dresses as Quin for fan conventions. He looks more the part than Momoa.

25. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>Didn't Jan at least get a VHS copy to pause? If not, then I'm amazed!<<

Nope, no VHS copy- just a regular screening, as I recall.

>>Do you have any more information on the creation of Quinlan?<<

A little, but if you have anything else you want to ask about him, try asking John Ostrander and Jan over in their respective dicussion threads in the Authors & Artists forum.

>>I also want to ask you about your signature. Is it confirmed that K'Kruhk is still alive after ROTJ? Please elaborate.<<

My sig quote is sort of a popular running joke that I sorta started and it caught on. Basicly, K'Kruhk has had the habit of seemingly being killed or severely injured several times and yet surviving (he was thought dead in a battle early in the Clone Wars, but resurfaced later, then again was struck down by Genral grievous in Clone Wars Volume 1 on Hypori, but survived thanks to his physiology, and again was injured by Quinlan Vos in a duel on Coruscant about a year later.

So the joke began that K'Kruhk just couldn't die and that he'd survive Order 66, retire on Alderaan, ride a chunk of Alderaan to safety from the Death Star, retire again on Serpidal before the moon crashes into it, surviving that, and so on...

I then combined that joke with the popularity of K'Kruhk's hat in that sig quote. Thus giving birth to the Freakin' Sweet Hat as an explaination as to WHY he could survive all those brushes with death, as noted in this SW Wiki entry

The running joke was later winked at in the comics themselves (K'Kruhk mentions something to the effect of he has learned to carry basic medical supplies with him ;) ) and, so far, he has not been identified as a casualty during Order 66.

>>Vos won't be on the TV show. I know you think he'll be, and you'd love him to be, and it stands to reason that he would be, but he won't.<<

As mentioned earlier, his last-second survival in the comics came from Lucas, apparently, which implies we might be seeing him in the show afterall.

>>My guess is that the only returning characters will be the ones established in the movies.<<

Don't forget that Vos was mentioned in the movie and almost appared in it (to the point of animatics and costumes being made and an actor casted).

>>They have already signed Momoa, so he is playing the role. They have also signed the girl that played aayla secura, and the kid who played boba<<

Momoa has not been signed, and neither has anyone else yet. With Momoa being a main character on Stargate Atlantis, it's unlikely he'd be available for another show (especially given the general longevity of the Stargate shows). Amy Allen (Aayla Secura) did supposedly mention at Celebration 3 that she'd be appearing in the TV show, but since Aayla is definitely, definitely dead (see below), she could only appear in flashbacks if they were to use that technique, with Quinlan perhaps. Daniel Logan has not been signed either, but was either hired for promotional stills of him in the Fett armor or simply took said photos with a fan's costume.

[image=http://www.denimfilms.com/shared/aayla-dead.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.