main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jason Momoa as Quinlain Vos

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DarkStallion2K, May 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_gloom

Darth_gloom Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2005
    Momoa? That's a terrible idea.

2. JarJarPlagueis

JarJarPlagueis Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 24, 2005
    You're obviously very knowledgeable, and I appreciate you taking the time to share what you have with us. I hope you don't mind if I ask you a few more questions?

1. Are you sure that no one has been signed? Here's a link to an article on this site discussing how Madonna has or is about to sign:
    http://theforce.net/swtv/story/madonna_signs_on_for_live_action_television_series_97771.asp

2. Do you know if Quinlan could be played by the original actor? I thought he looked great! Has there been any specific talk of casting an actor to play him? Any actor? Even Ahmed Best? (BTW, will he be in the TV show? I actually wouldn't mind it...)

3. I know that Rick McCallum said the show would largely focus on bounty hunters, which certainly suggests that Daniel Logan will be in it.

4. Was "The Hidden Enemy" the last story arc in Republic that takes place in issues 81-83? I thought it was great that he survived, and it leaves the door open for MANY other Jedi to survive because, if Yoda couldn't sense that Quinlan was still alive, even though they're on the same planet, then how would Yoda know whether or not there were other Jedi by the time of ROTJ? Another explanation, and one that GL himself hints at in the movie, is that Obi-Wan is the only Jedi Yoda heard from after the issuance of Order 66, and afterwards he retires to Dagobah. So he simply assumed there were no other Jedi left. Also, Luke was extremely reluctant to kill Vader, so perhaps Yoda thought that Luke would be more likely to not follow through if there was some other Jedi out there who could pick up the slack?

5. If Amy Allen is going to be in the show, then why couldn't she have survived? My theory continues to be that Commander Bly under stunned her so he could keep her alive as a XXX slave. I know I would! [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Thanks for turning me on to the Authors & Artists forums. I wasn't aware of them, much less than actual creators like Jan Duursema post there.

Also, thank you for taking the time to respond to me!

3. Zandoran_Celix

Zandoran_Celix Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    Ok, I kinda glanced over this and decided what the hey, I'll leave a comment becasue this interests me.

Momoa would be excellent. His face would avhe to be made to look a litte rougher, but other then that hes an excellent choice. I can't remember who posted it, but earlier somone psoted a pic of the guy who does the Fan gigs at Cons, and let me tell you, hes a horrible choice.

Also, the pic with Sebulba and anakin arguing, thats not Vos. Its sjut someone from his homeworld, of Kiffu I beleive. I may be wrong in memory of his homeworld. But anyways, that wasn't Vos, he was on some mission with Aayla if memory serves me correctly, though I can't, for the life of me, remeber what they were doing or where I read that tidbit. But I'm fairly certain tahts not Vos, as I think someone else pointed out.

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>1. Are you sure that no one has been signed? Here's a link to an article on this site discussing how Madonna has or is about to sign:
    http://theforce.net/swtv/story/madonna_signs_on_for_live_action_television_series_97771.asp<<

No one has been signed yet- they haven't even written the scripts or settled entirely on the premise, from what we keep hearing, so they are a lonnng way aways from announcing casting.

And you'll note the Madonna story was posted on April 1st.

>>2. Do you know if Quinlan could be played by the original actor?<<

Though I'm not 100% positive, I believe that the original actor's identity is either unknown (unrecorded extra) or he declined further appearances. Someone else would have played the role in ROTS anyways, had it been filmed, so it's probably a moot point.

>>3. I know that Rick McCallum said the show would largely focus on bounty hunters, which certainly suggests that Daniel Logan will be in it.<<

It's quite possible Logan as Fett could appear in the series, but nothings certain at this point.

>>4. Was "The Hidden Enemy" the last story arc in Republic that takes place in issues 81-83?<<

Yes.

>>if Yoda couldn't sense that Quinlan was still alive, even though they're on the same planet, then how would Yoda know whether or not there were other Jedi by the time of ROTJ?<<

If I was to speculate, I'd suggest Yoda's inability to detect Quinlan was probably a combination of the massive disturbance in the Force Order 66 created and Quinlan being near-death at the time.

As for ROTJ, depending on how you want to look at it, for all intents and purposes Luke WAS the last viable Jedi around as the others were either in hiding or had abandoned their Jedi ways, etc.

>>5. If Amy Allen is going to be in the show, then why couldn't she have survived?<<

She'd definitely dead. Amy may have been misinformed or purposely provided misinformation due to the movie not being released yet at the time of C3. Or, they may have suggested she could appear in flashback. But nothings set in stone.

>>Also, thank you for taking the time to respond to me!<<

No prob ::)

>>Also, the pic with Sebulba and anakin arguing, thats not Vos...he was on some mission with Aayla if memory serves me correctly, though I can't, for the life of me, remeber what they were doing or where I read that tidbit.<<

It actually was Vos. Initially they beat around the bush a bit but it was confirmed that was Quinlan in a comment made by Aayla during her debriefing in the framestory of The Stark Hyperspace War. Quinlan and Aayla were on Tatooine investigating the origins of the glitteryll drug (which led to both their memories being erased soon afterwards, leaving them where we pick the characters up in Twilight and Darkness).

5. Zandoran_Celix

Zandoran_Celix Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    Ah, so that maybe what I read. Hmm its been a long time since I've looked into any of that info and my memory is faulty with information like that when i jsut see it in a pssing glance.

Anyways, Vos and Secura both were neither my favorites at any point so I paid ill attention to anytihng concerning them.

Thank you for setting me straight.

6. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    IMHO I think it's very unlikely that we'll see Vos even though I would like to, there's a very simple reason

HTL He's a father now so he probably want to settle on some planet somewhere with Kayleen rather than running about being a Jedi.

7. Deviss_1138

Deviss_1138 Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2006
    Here is a picture of Jason Momoa. He has the mark and a lightsaber not the tunic.
    [image=http://starwarsfan.1138.googlepages.com/QuinlanVos.jpg]]

Good Yes or No

8. Poohbear

Poohbear Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2006
    There's no way of knowing what the show will be about, yet you say that Quinlan will not star/co-star/or have some sort of cameo. So pretty much, 100% of your posts are all based on opinion, rather than factual information. Lucas stopped Vos from having a death in ROTS, and stopped him from dying in the last Republic comic story arc. Coincidence?!?

And the thing about Aayla, she will not appear in the show no matter how many times you click your heels. She was killed in the film and that rumor about her surviving and returning to the television series was a big rumor created by a fan. In no way was it factual but many believed it to be as the fan created an "official" looking artical.

And the above picture looks ok but unfortunately, there seems to be no pic of the actor with the dreds but not with the goatee.

9. Darth_Laudrup

Darth_Laudrup Jedi Master star 4

Jul 7, 2004
    I think there are a lot of male actors that could fill the roll of Quinlan Vos. I am not saying that Jason Momoa is a bad choice, since I've never seen him or heard of him before.

10. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    Jason is a bad choice for Quin... too dark skin, as a first point. Also, I think think he just doesn't fit... SGA's got him, and Ronon Dex is such a unique character, that you can't make Quin out of him. A definite NO from me for Jason.

Take the actor who plays Sca'ara (sp?) in Stargate SG-1... he is PERFECT!

11. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    They should get Sean Koury to play Quinlan Vos.

12. Jedi Vince

Jedi Vince Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 1999
    There was a "Casting Call" thread in the lit section, and I suggested Oded Fehr, the actor in The Mummy films.

13. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Nice, I think he'd do it well :D

{||||| ?||} -----------------------------

14. TK9965

TK9965 Jedi Youngling

Aug 11, 2004

Just to clarify, Doug is the artist's model for Quinlan Vos. Jan saw a picture of Doug and was surprised how much he looked like Quin. She used his photos up to the end of the Star Wars: Republic comic. The next con you go to, look for Doug. He may be there.

15. DarthMateous

DarthMateous Jedi Master star 4

Aug 1, 2002
    Oded Fehr would be a good choice, but he might be too well known. IF they do have Vos in the series, they might go with a complete newcomer. (Just like GL did with Anakin)

16. ATTezeu

ATTezeu Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    Iei! New and bad actors for the entire series. That'll test my fan abilities "how big of a fan are you... can you watch fralled up stories with bad acting and stupid lines? Then you're a good fan."

Hopefully it won't come to that and the TV series, if it will appear, will be great... and yes, Momoa would make an excellent Quinlain. If Quinlan will be part of the story in the TV series.

One other thing, now, that we found out that the Lord Sith from Legacy comics is actually a jedi from Clone Wars, do you think it's possible that Mara is actually the daughter of Quinalin?

17. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    Who cares if they're unknowns? Most of the actors on the new Battlestar Galactica were unknowns and they've all done great jobs, IMO. The important thing is to give them good material to work with. The greatest actor in the world can't do anything if their lines are garbage.

I don't see why Vos can't be in the series. Someone mentioned that writers like to come up with their own characters and not use guys from the EU. That's true, to an extent, but keep in mind that George is said to be mapping out the story arcs and whatnot. If he wants a character in, they'll be in. I really don't know much about the character, but he does look cool and the idea of a Jedi on the run or something like that would be pretty cool.

18. ATTezeu

May 13, 2005
    Actually, on the run with wife and new-born. That should look interesting :D

19. WookieeWarrior9

Jun 5, 2007
    Eh, they can kill the baby off. lol Little kids are pretty much disaster for TV shows, especially if it runs for several years.

20. WookieeWarrior9

Jun 5, 2007
    Eh, they can kill the baby off. lol Little kids are pretty much disaster for TV shows, especially if it runs for several years.

21. ATTezeu

May 13, 2005
    I'm still hoping that the baby is Mara Jade so... hope they won't kill it.

22. WookieeWarrior9

Jun 5, 2007
    Maybe they can conveniently lose her lol. I don't know much about the EU, but I do know of her.

23. ATTezeu

May 13, 2005
    Yup, she died. But nobody knows of her past and I think it would be an interesting mix-up. Mara Jade, the daughter of Quinlain Vos.

24. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Quinlan's child is a boy - Korto.

25. WookieeWarrior9

Jun 5, 2007
    Anyone think we'll see Vos in the CW series? I hear so many EU fans talk about him and I know Filoni is an EU fan, so this seems like a perfect time to familiarize regular fans with the character. Especially if he is a focus in the live action series, it seems like a no brainer to do a few episodes with him. I also hope they look into the Sifo Dias (sp?) because this is the perfect opportunity to look at things the movies just didn't have time for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.