main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jaster Mereel = Boba Fett???

Discussion in 'Literature' started by muuurgh8150, Feb 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muuurgh8150

muuurgh8150 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2002
    Something is really bothering me now about the Star Wars Literature. In several books, it mentions that Boba Fett was born Jaster Mereel, and grew up to become a "Journeyman Protector". But after a certain incident, he was exiled, and became the bounty hunter known as Boba Fett. But now with the information that will be given in Episode 2, we learn that Boba Fett is really a clone of Bounty Hunter Jango Fett.
    I want to know how all those writers who said that Fett was born as Jaster Mereel are gonna deal with that. Now, If i were a writer (and I am), I'd take advantage of this opportunity, and write a book explaining how......
    That's a great idea.

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    After the events of Episodes 2 and 3, Boba Fett took on the alias of Jaster Mereel while working on Concord Dawn.

This is quite simple to fix, really.

3. RaptorRage

RaptorRage Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    Pretty much all the EU stories regarding Fett's background can be considered cover-up stories that Fett spread to make himself more mysterious...

4. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Or not, as it is in this case. Nothing in Episode 2 contradicts Fett's already written history.

5. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    Jaster Mereel is a fake story Boba Fett made up in order to fake out all the people who tried to track down his true past.

6. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    ...maybe. We don't know yet. The new Boba Fett book series might shed some light on his past.

7. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Err, probably shoulda put a spoiler warning in the title ...

Anyhoo, here's my hstory of Fett, which I am making up as I type.

SPOILERS!!!!

30 BBY
    Supreme Chancellor Palpatine begins cloning, using Bounty Hunter Jango Fett as a template. As a reward he is given an infant cloned son whom he names Boba.

20 BBY
    Jango Fett is killed by Jedi Master Mace Windu in front of Boba(10). Boba goes out on his own.

19 BBY (approx.)
    Boba(11) is taken in by the Mandalorian Commandoes of the planet Mandalore, whom his father was trained by. He is taught their skills and earns their armour. He befriends, among others, Fenn Shysa.

15 BBY (approx.)
    Boba(15) assumes the name Jaster Mereel and joins the Journeyman Protectors on Concord Dawn.

14 BBY (approx.)
    Jaster Mereel(16) is exiled from Concord Dawn for killing another Protector.

13 BBY (approx.)
    Boba Fett(17), under another name, becomes a Stormtrooper, but is soon kicked out for killing his superior officer.

12 BBY
    Boba Fett(18), now a bounty hunter like his father, encounters Han Solo for the first time on the planet Jubilar.

4 BBY
    Boba Fett(26) is hired by the Ylesians to capture Han Solo. He fails.

1 BBY

Boba Fett (29) is hired by Darth Vader for the first time.

0+ BBY
    Boba Fett(30) is hired by Jabba the Hutt to assist Han Solo in recovering the Yavin Vassilika.

0 BBY
    Boba Fett informs Han Solo that his former girlfriend, Bria Tharen, is dead.

0+ ABY
    Boba Fett is a key player in the destruction of the Bounty Hunters Guild.

3 ABY
    Boba Fett(33) captures Han Solo for both Darth Vader and Jabba the Hutt.

3+ ABY
    Boba Fett transports Han to Jabba the Hutt

4 ABY
    Boba Fett(34) is thrown into the sarlacc and escapes at least 2 times. He goes into the shadows for a while.

5 ABY
    Boba Fett(35) kills an imposter named Jodo Kast.

10 ABY
    Boba Fett(40) tries again to capture Han Solo with his new partner Dengar, but is unsuccessful.

11 ABY
    Boba Fett(41) deals a few Hutts.

19 ABY
    Boba Fett(49) retires after capturing Labria, aka Kardue'sai'Malloc. He encounters Han Solo one last time and the two form a tentative truce.

24 ABY
    Boba Fett(54) deals with Han's twin children, the Diversity Alliance, and even takes on an "apprentice", Zekk, but gets sick of them all and retires again.

25 ABY
    Boba Fett(55) dies on Sernpidal :D

wk

8. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    "Jaster Mereel is a fake story Boba Fett made up in order to fake out all the people who tried to track down his true past."

The problem with that fix is it forgets that the jaster mareel story goes into the thoughts of one boba fetts own memories. Unless he's completly insane he does have those real memories.

9. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    that's just guard against mind-reading Jedi.

10. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Kinda like singing showtunes in your head prevents mind-reading, huh?

wk

11. Veng_Commando

Veng_Commando Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    I tihnk that they're two people, like in fight club, but the same. By day, he's Jaster Mareel. By night, he's Boba Fett. Night lasts a long time in space.

12. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Fett is actually 12 at the time of AOTC (5 years older than Han).

13. RaptorRage

RaptorRage Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    So was he cloned two years prior to TPM, or was he slightly accelerated...

14. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    Spoiler...

He's ten in AotC. He was cloned right after the Battle of Naboo. Want proof? The Dark Horse timeline places the Jango Fett comic at 5 years before Episode II...and also says that Boba is 5 in that comic, making Boba ten in AotC.

He's the only clone based on Jango who DOESN'T have accelerated growth.

15. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    25 ABY
    Boba Fett(55) dies on Sernpidal

Hehehe... ;)

16. Alderaan_

Alderaan_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    TOS says Boba Fett's past was mostly rumors and legends.

17. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Well, that obviously isn't true.

18. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    It is true. We just don't know what is the truth or rumors yet. Only that the Jaster Mereel and stormtrooper stuff appears to check out okay at this stage.

But yes, no contradictions yet.

19. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Karrde, nice timeline! One problem though, Boba *never* took Zekk on as an apprentice. Although Zekk did pick up some pointers on bounty hunting from him, he did so only by observing Fett. You also left out Boba's wife and adopted/cloned son, which, although in a Tales story and therefore Infinities, isn't, somehow. Valiento can explain it better then I can. :)

>that's just guard against mind-reading Jedi.

Problem, Fett thought of himself as Jaster during The Hutt Gambit, when he was far from any Jedi.

TC

20. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "You also left out Boba's wife and adopted/cloned son, which, although in a Tales story and therefore Infinities, isn't, somehow."

The article in gamer which repeats the story doesn't have the infinities icon and therefore canon.

21. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Which issue of Gamer? #6 I'm guessing, since I only started buying it at #7.

And I wasn't 100% sure on the Zekk thing, since it's been like 4 years since I read those books.

But I think I've included all the major events in his life, and they all do seem to fit.

I checked the Tales of the Bounty Hunters boo, and it refers to Jaster Mereel as a young man, so mid-teens could easily fit there.

wk

EDIT: I'm in class right now, but when I go home, I think I'll do a bit more research and fill in a few more details.

22. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    muuurgh8150...
    "it mentions that Boba Fett was born Jaster Mereel..."

Easy, at the clone production facility, a bunch of super-human fighting machines were being cloned. Jango Fett was being cloned, Yowanga Mereel was being cloned - a whole bunch of people were being cloned. Then, there was an unfortunate mix-up and the clone rug-rat given to Jango Fett was actually Jaster Mereel - a clone of Yowanga. No one caught this, until it was too late, and Palpatine didn't want to press the issue, so the kid was given to Jango Fett and allowed to become his son, Boba Fett. So, Boba was born Jaster. Sometime later, he uncovered this and may have used that name early on in his soldiering career.

The real Yowanga and Jaster ended up starting an armor-production business where they sold replica suits of Mandalorian armor to the likes of Jodo Kast and Alfreda Goot.

23. jastermereel

jastermereel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 1998
    Finaly...i, Jaster Mereel, have arrived......and i praise you for spelling my name correctly......personaly...i agree with wild karrde...although...i am yet not familiar with my cloned ofspring or wife...could someone enlighten me further?

24. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    >cloned ofspring

Actually, that's just a theory. Fett mentions that he's unable to procreate in TOTBH, therefore his son is ether adopted or cloned.

TC

25. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "Actually, that's just a theory. Fett mentions that he's unable to procreate in TOTBH, therefore his son is ether adopted or cloned."

Or he's trying to hide his family from knowledge of others, by lieing that he couldn't even have kids(which is the premise behind the story with boba's son, in both the infinities comic, and the continuity gamer article that he is out to get the guy who could spread knowledge of his family to those that could use it for some purpose against him).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.