main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jaster Mereel = Boba Fett???

Discussion in 'Literature' started by muuurgh8150, Feb 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Another historical facet that I think should be addressed at some point in the new stories is the status of the planet Mandalore, and the situation of the people there under the Galactic Empire. Specifically, it wasn't truly delineated in Jango Fett: Open Seasons whether or not the defeat by the Jedi Knights on Galidraan was the bulk of their military forces -- enough to incapacitate them for a number of years -- or maybe several divisions, but not the lion's share.

We know that (from dialogue in the Marvel series) that the Mandalorians were later subjugated by the Empire, and just drawing the lines between them, it seems that Count Dooku's victory might have had something to do with this, in a roundabout way. Clearly, Boba Fett was able to go about leading a number of Shocktroopers against the Jedi with relative ease, so this kind of begs the question if the Empire allowed them the wherewithal to rearm themselves, or if Fett's 212 soldiers were a "token" force earmarked for special purposes.

2. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    I'm thinking the Mandalorians revived the tradition of the Madalorain Supercommandos, and that Boba Fett, as the last to be instructed by the mercenary group of Mandalorians, was either hired by Mandalore or assigned by Count Dooku to train this group to fight the Sepritists.

TC

3. CertainDeath

CertainDeath Jedi Master star 1

Sep 15, 2002
    According to Open Seasons, Boba is Jaster's Legacy. Makes sense for him to take the name.

\Death/

*-\[T]/-*

|*RPMJCL*|

4. LeeKenobi

LeeKenobi Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 13, 2002
    Perhaps Boba's fate as a mandalorian will be partly explained in Eppy III.

After all, young Boba will have very little screen time, but his role will be MAJOR.
    (Confirmed by LFL.)

5. I-Jedi

I-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2002
    I wonder if we will see his(boba) "clone" son using the Jaster Mereel name or maybe Jaster Fett

6. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    It's not unprecedented for mysterious characters to have more than one name. Just look at Stryder, Aragorn, The dunedan, wingfoot, Longshanks, etc. etc. He is all of them, and yet only one of them, all at the same time. He thinks of himself as every name that he has ever been given, yet he only gives out one name at a time when asked who he is.

Perhaps Boba Fett is kind of like Aragorn in this repect.

7. dizfactor

dizfactor Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 12, 2002
    Another historical facet that I think should be addressed at some point in the new stories is the status of the planet Mandalore, and the situation of the people there under the Galactic Empire. Specifically, it wasn't truly delineated in Jango Fett: Open Seasons whether or not the defeat by the Jedi Knights on Galidraan was the bulk of their military forces -- enough to incapacitate them for a number of years -- or maybe several divisions, but not the lion's share.

We know that (from dialogue in the Marvel series) that the Mandalorians were later subjugated by the Empire..

The Marvel series is not canon. As far as i know, there is no planet Mandalore in the current continuity, nor are there divisions of Mandalorians or anything else of the sort.

8. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Actually marvel is canon. Go to darkhorse.com, and look at the canonical era section known as "Spans Multiple Eras."

The series does not bare an infinities label, as well, and by LFL's definition because of that it is canon. Please get your information straight.

9. Smokem_Alien

Smokem_Alien Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2002
    yep it is, and they are in fact reprinting the marvel star wars comics in trade paper back form.

10. CertainDeath

Sep 15, 2002
    The Marvel series is not canon. As far as i know, there is no planet Mandalore in the current continuity, nor are there divisions of Mandalorians or anything else of the sort.

Wrong. The Star Wars Core Rule Book Second Edition mentions the planet Mandalore. It also says that Mandalorians are a sub-group of humans.
    One ethinicity.

\Death/

*-\[T]/-*

|*RPMJCL*|

11. Smokem_Alien

Smokem_Alien Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2002
    the one from WotC says that? What page, I got to start reading things more carefully.

12. CertainDeath

Sep 15, 2002
  13. CertainDeath

Sep 15, 2002
    Eh. Trust me. It's somewhere in there. Look in the entry for humans or somethin.

\Death/

*-\[T]/-*

|*RPMJCL*|

14. skawookiee

skawookiee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 12, 2000
    Marvel is canon. Even if it wasn't the planet of Mandalore and the Mandalorians appeared in TOTJ.

15. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    I'm thinking the Mandalorians revived the tradition of the Madalorain Supercommandos, and that Boba Fett, as the last to be instructed by the mercenary group of Mandalorians, was either hired by Mandalore or assigned by Count Dooku to train this group to fight the Sepritists.
    Actually, I think that Boba would end up being retained by either Count Dooku, the Emperor -- or both of them -- to form an elite shocktrooper unit to combat the Jedi with. At the end of Boba Fett: The Fight to Survive, Dooku gives him some support, and one can probably infer here that their paths'll cross again in the future.

16. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Yeah, makes sense. We'll have to see if the later author(s) of the Boba Fett series choose to pick up on this, or maybe we'll get a Open Seasons type Boba comic around the release of EPIII.

TC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.