main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jaw dropping weird

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by DarkLordSid, Mar 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Okay, so we're watching the history channel Sunday night because everything else is a re run, almost never watch the channel, but it's been a weird weekend with the snow on the ridge and all, house hunting, so on.

We're watching "How William Shatner Changed the World" and cracking up at every minute of it, Bill is funny as hell when...

when..

The sign for Boulder Creek appears on the screen.

And then they show Johnnies, the local grocery store, the one on the corner of 9 and 136... and Fosters, THE Fosters RIGHT DOWN THE FRIGGIN STREET. The one I get take out from like five times a month...the one I pass every night on the way home...

*gape*

Naw, what the heck could this little town have to do with the future and Star Trek and high tech?

Well, apparently this local guy has a computer museum with all the models of personal computers all the way back to the Altair 6000 stashed in his barn. The guy does the entire interview dressed in his Ren Faire outfit, making it even more of a truly alien encounter experience, but there he is in town, our town, posing in front of Fosters next to the giant redwoods.

And we got it on tape.

http://www.historychannel.com/global/listings/listings_weekly.jsp?NetwCode=THC&timezone=1

Check for rebroadcast, but it's on Thursday again.

And this is NOT the first time we've had a film crew in our "backyard" either. Still waiting for that horror film to come out that they filmed off Highway 9 sometime, the crews were up here for a month on that one.

Oh, and they showed Jonathan Frakes in his jammies in front of Stanford too I think. They showed SETI in Mountain View, which we discovered near Moffett Field when driving through Mountain View two weeks ago.

That crew spent a good chunk of time in Silicon Valley it seems. L.A. as well, but a vast chunk of the show was about right around our area.

*blinks*

Just weird. Cool, but... weird.

At least it does not look like they brought out Shatner for that part, to have had Captain Kirk here, in tiny little mountain town in the middle of nowhere would have been just too...

Weird.

Hurley: "Whoa, that was like a... Jedi moment." Lost 2004

2. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    Um, Lost debuted in 2005.:p

3. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    *LOL!* So that's all you got outta that? Mia culpa!

I got LOST, heh.

4. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    ... and actually, no it was 2004.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0411008/

Further, the first "season" DVD which came out in September 6, 2005 had 24 episodes, usually that's one year's worth. Now I didn't see the first season on the air, I came in on 2nd season, but usually new shows start in the Fall. "Season 2" started in the Fall of 2005 with 15 episodes aired of the 24 for season 2.

Sorry, but I'm pretty sharp on this kind of stuff, can't remember where I put my car keys but I can quote probably thousands of obscure lines of dialogue.

And I usually check it on IMDB to make sure I've got it right.

5. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    :D And Just WHAT where you doing up at 1:48 in the morning? hmmmmmm

6. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Just caught the show on the repeat. Shatner was obviously having the time of his life doing it. And, yes, there was little ole' Boulder Creek. Josie and I were both going..HEY we know where THAT is and THAT is and...then the guy in his Rennie's.. he looks awfully familure, I think he shows up at some of the local RenFaires around here. (course can't say for sure, and a lot of guys look like that at RenFaire.)

Anyways, Thanks Sid, for turning us on to this show..course we totally forgot to tape it. But enjoyed the Sith outta it! :D

7. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    I shouldn't post before I'm fully awake in the morning. [face_blush] Working swing shift and staying up till 3am does strange things to your brain, sometimes. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.