Jawa Jabber

Discussion in 'Mojave Desert CA' started by DanakinSkywalker, Nov 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Hello all. I've borrowed this idea from the Inland Empire FF. The CR there felt that all the off topic threads are out of control. It doesn't seem like it is here because the off topic threads have been here since virtually the start. It was ok to have such discussion at the time because there wasn't a 'real' group that did anything back then. Now we have a group that is actually active not only on the boards but in real life. Anyway, to remedy his problem, Anakin_Skywalker_X decided to condense all off topic discussion into one thread. I was taken back by the idea, I couldn't believe I didn't think of it myself.

Here is my reasoning for those that are shaking there heads right now: This is a Star Wars fan force, one that is quickly becoming a real functioning group. As CR, I am very disappointed when the only threads that get bumped everyday are ones such as TV or music discussions. There are more important, club related threads around that get zero attention. If you don't care for those particular threads, that's fine, but out of respect to the group as a whole, you can bump just one thread with your off topic (irrelevant) discussion.
    To become as great as other Fanforces such as San Diego's and Orange County's (among others), we need an organized look. To anyone just stepping in, it seems more like the JC Community board than a Fanforce. That particular board is the place to discuss other topics to your hearts content, and the RPG boards for the role playing games, not here.

So, from now on, anything that is not Star Wars or club related shall go in here. All of the following threads are to be continued here as well:
    Lightsaber Duel, RPG **JCHSA VS MDFF** SAME THREAD, NEW PLAN!
    *~*~*~Cactus Jack's Social Bar & Grille~*~*~*
    Music Discussion Thread
    TV Show Discussion Thread
    The Quote/ Words of Wisdom Thread
    The Slurpee Appreciation Thread
    The Food Discussion Thread
    *Official Food Fight * V.1
    Animation Cartoon Mania!
    The Potters House Devotional thread
    The Book Discussion Thread
    Theme Parks
    Political Arena
    Mojave Desert Fan Force Art Gallery
    MDFF Open Trivia Game: Approved by Stridarious/Hosted by Me!
    Interesting Video Game study
    MegaPlex Theater!
    *Virtual Paintball Fight V.1*
    School Discussion Thread
    The Poetry Thread
    X-Men Dark Evolutions RPG
    What would be your mutant power(s
  2. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
  3. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Okay I have many a quarks about this idea which has been presented. Now I do not care if the "Virtual Paintball & Food fight threads" are closed. However, Such threads listed above in that linked list are very much on topic those which are not considered social threads.

This thread alone would be considered a regulation on what we he members of this forum can and cannot discuss.

Though a "Jabber Thread" is a great idea, I feel that the threads atleast those that have been opened and are on topic with the original discussion have no use here. As this would cause many alternating discussions thus confusing those whom would post their messages within.

You'd have several posts from each thread within this thread alone, and I'm sure that, that would cause some aggression between posters :( .
  4. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    This thread alone would be considered a regulation on what we he members of this forum can and cannot discuss.

No regulation whatsoever. Discuss whatever you want, but do it here.

You'd have several posts from each thread within this thread alone, and I'm sure that, that would cause some aggression between posters.

Check the IE one, they seem to be doing just fine. I'll tell you what does cause aggression between posters though, when the only threads that are bumped are the off topic discussions. The club threads that are actually relevant are ignored in favor of 'discussion' threads that in the end have absolutely no impact on the group. That causes much more aggression than having to keep irrelevant discussion in one thread.
  5. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    DanakinSkywalker: "Check the IE one, they seem to be doing just fine. I'll tell you what does cause aggression between posters though, when the only threads that are bumped are the off topic discussions. The club threads that are actually relevant are ignored in favor of 'discussion' threads that in the end have absolutely no impact on the group. That causes much more aggression than having to keep irrelevant discussion in one thread."

These threads some I may agree on, however, many are discussional topics, those which are headed by members which love to participate in that particular discussion.
  6. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Those threads are literally you talking to one other person. You can take that conversation to this thread with no problem.
  7. Mertroid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    You know I find this idea highly unorganized. I mean who is going to want to see Devotional discussions with music discussions? People will have to take lots of time to find the topic they were talking about. I mean that's why we have the other threads outside of this Fanforce to discuss Star Wars. It just doesn't have to be Star Wars in the Fanforce.
  8. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I tend to agree, however, despite that I need yet to post for the devotional thread. I have a great study which I think best to share. It follows under the ideals of a truthfulness. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did reading through it :D .

The Authority of Truth

?Draw near to God and He will draw near to you? (James 4:8).

It is essential that you give people the opportunity to act on the truth of God. The responsibility must be left with the individual?you cannot act for him. It must be his own deliberate act, but the evangelical message should always lead him to action. Refusing to act leaves a person paralyzed, exactly where he was previously. But once he acts, he is never the same. It is the apparent folly of the truth that stands in the way of hundreds who have been convicted by the Spirit of God. Once I press myself into action, I immediately begin to live. Anything less is merely existing. The moments I truly live are the moments when I act with my entire will.
    When a truth of God is brought home to your soul, never allow it to pass without acting on it internally in your will, not necessarily externally in your physical life. Record it with ink and with blood?work it into your life. The weakest saint who transacts business with Jesus Christ is liberated the second he acts and God?s almighty power is available on his behalf. We come up to the truth of God, confess we are wrong, but go back again. Then we approach it again and turn back, until we finally learn we have no business going back. When we are confronted with such a word of truth from our redeeming Lord, we must move directly to transact business with Him. ?Come to Me ? (Matthew 11:28). His word come means ?to act.? Yet the last thing we want to do is come. But everyone who does come knows that, at that very moment, the supernatural power of the life of God invades him. The dominating power of the world, the flesh, and the devil is now paralyzed; not by your act, but because your act has joined you to God and tapped you in to His redemptive power.
  9. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    You know I find this idea highly unorganized.

It's highly organized. All the irrelevant discussion goes into one thread.

I mean who is going to want to see Devotional discussions with music discussions?

There are some people that don't care to see those discussions at all. Instead of opting to get rid of them all together, you can discuss anything you want as much as you want here.

People will have to take lots of time to find the topic they were talking about.

Well, it'd certainly be a shame if someone had to take time and think about what and where they're posting...

I mean that's why we have the other threads outside of this Fanforce to discuss Star Wars.

That's also why we have other forums outside the fanforce.

It just doesn't have to be Star Wars in the Fanforce.

Very true, that's why I've set aside this thread for off topic discussion ;).

And thank you Stridarious for starting up the discussion in this thread.
    />
  10. Jedi_Knight_Seifer Jedi Master

star 2
    I can see your point about wanting to clean this place up a bit and keep the more important threads up at the top. Since people might be confused a little about the new setup I would keep the old threads up for a little bit so they can get readjusted to how things work. My suggestion is that we try it out for a while and see what happens. If things get too bad we can go back to the old setup. Or if it works out then that's great. However, if someone who was only able to be on for a short period of time had to shift through all the posts to see what ones they were responding to they might not be able to answer what they want.
  11. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh it'll work out, that's the will of the Force... ;).
  12. Mertroid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I find it unorganized still, it shouldn't have to be all together. It's easier to just go to the threads we have now.
  13. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    It really doesn't matter how you see it, this is how things will be going, at least for now. Please stop replying in the other threads.
  14. Mertroid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Okay...well to discuss Stridarious' passage, is that saying with actions that what you do leads you to God, and when you press on action with God you reach it and are changed. The scary thing is how true it is....
  15. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Mertroid: "Okay...well to discuss Stridarious' passage, is that saying with actions that what you do leads you to God, and when you press on action with God you reach it and are changed. The scary thing is how true it is...."

Well in some ways, yes. I think however its more focused on the ideal concept that people choose to follow God. Say for instance I was to go up to someone and demand that they follow Christ. Its not me that chooses but them. Its like out of that movie "Bruce Almighty" :D .

God endowed his powers on Bruce (Jim Carey- SP? :confused: ) However, told him that he must obey the law of free will. Though he tried to make his Girl friend love him agian, he just couldn't do it.

The same applies here. You cannot force someone to love God. They choose that ability ;) .
  16. Anakin_Skywalker_X Jedi Knight

star 3
    Just keep in mind guys that Dan is the leader for a reason. I have the same arguments with my Fan Force, but you guys have to realize that if a ?newbie? comes on and sees all this, non related Star Wars stuff, they will think this is a joke. We all may not have a lot incoming, but we all know we do have one thing at lest and it?s a vary strong thing, Star Wars. You start putting things up that have nothing to do with that then the newbis may not respond, and there for not fill as though they fit in here, and in turn you will have 5 members and that?s it. I, just like Dan, want more members, so please work with us; we are just trying to make the Fan Force bigger. If you really fell that you need to put up a thread that?s not Star Wars related then try to make the title Star Wars-ish. Like if you want to make a move thread call it ?Lightsaber Cinema? or have a joke thread and call it ?JEDI JOKE Of The Day? just try to be creative and try to work as a team to make your Fan Force the best looking it can be. (I would totally be posting this on my own threads but I have already gone over this in our last meeting.)

Sorry to intrude. May the Force Be With You ;)
  17. TheOmen Jedi Knight

star 2
    You are correct Mr.Duke, thanks for your input.
  18. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
  19. Anakin_Skywalker_X Jedi Knight

star 3
    You know me *in a mumbling vice* ?I?m a doctor of journalism man!?
  20. TheOmen Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yeah man, you and Gonzo were one of the highlights of the convention. Everytime i saw you two, it was like the funniest damn thing i'd ever seen.
  21. Psyche_Sans_Eros Jedi Knight

star 1
    If I may say something, I agree with Jedi_Knight_Seifer in the fact that there are those of us who are only on for a short period of time and may not be able to find what we need in time, but we should just see how things go for right now. DanakinSkywalker was chosen to be the CR and if Jedi_Knight_Seifer is behind him, then we've no reason not to trust both our CR and co-CR. besides, if things don't work out, then as said, it can go back to the way it was before.
    There is truly no point in bickering when not everyone will be happy; some can adjust if necessary, but for now let's just see how things go.
    Ok, I've said my piece on the matter, night y'all!~

*Later edited because I realized I shouldn't be on the computer at 2:50 in the morning if I can't see straight and type correctly, sorry ^^;;;;;;;;*
  22. Mertroid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well the Newbies will find what they need seeing that this is the only board now for off Star Wars and Mojave Desert Fanforce issues... So it should be fine.

Back to what Stridarious said...
    Well in some ways, yes. I think however its more focused on the ideal concept that people choose to follow God. Say for instance I was to go up to someone and demand that they follow Christ. Its not me that chooses but them. Its like out of that movie "Bruce Almighty" .

God endowed his powers on Bruce (Jim Carey- SP? ) However, told him that he must obey the law of free will. Though he tried to make his Girl friend love him agian, he just couldn't do it.

The same applies here. You cannot force someone to love God. They choose that ability .

I never saw that movie but that does make sense. It's like missionaries in the past you would be forced to Christianity or you'd die and many other things. Today you have people coming up to your door asking to follow their religion, etc.
  23. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Mertroid: "I never saw that movie but that does make sense. It's like missionaries in the past you would be forced to Christianity or you'd die and many other things. Today you have people coming up to your door asking to follow their religion, etc."

Exactly, they cannot force this upon you, nor should they, its a choice decesion. To either accept Christ or depart from him :( .
  24. Mertroid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Exactly, they cannot force this upon you, nor should they, its a choice decesion. To either accept Christ or depart from him .

Seems reasonable.

Anyways...to another topic...music, has anyone seen The Matrix Revolutions yet? :D
    I did and man that is great to see A LOT of times than 1! :D
    It's mindblowing and probably better than the others I'd say. They're all awesome but this one is WOW! :D
  25. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Mertroid: "has anyone seen The Matrix Revolutions yet?"

Nope. However, I did see the second and first. I heard about the thrid one from other peers at school, so that pretty much ruined it for me! 8-}
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.