main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jawa Jabber

Discussion in 'Archive: Mojave Desert, CA' started by DanakinSkywalker, Nov 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    Yeah, Founder. I was the one who first went to Mara_Jade_Fan to start this Fan Force (which I unfortunately regret somewhat ). And I can?t believe you?re so lazy not to read only a thousand page book. Doesn?t matter, the movie?s better. Sorry Tolkien.

2. DanakinSkywalker

DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2003
    Movie's better? Shows what kind of fan you are. At least you're not bashing Star Wars, yet.

3. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    Jedi_Daniel: "And I can?t believe you?re so lazy not to read only a thousand page book. Doesn?t matter, the movie?s better. Sorry Tolkien."

Yeah, I already told you of it, remember? :confused:

Personally I cannot get into the book as to draw out the image he is giving. Its not to say that his book is bad, but more or less to state that its so well written with an old english feeling that its hard to grasp. A very good form of an author :) .

[b]DanakinSkywalker[/b]: "[i]Movie's better? Shows what kind of fan you are. At least you're not bashing Star Wars, yet.[/i]"

I think thats selling fans short. Just because you're a fan does not mean that you need to enjoy the book more so then the film. Sometimes a film look helps as to show those feelings and or emotions to which the author described [face_wink] .

Now of course there are those books that are better then the movies...such as Jurassic Park... [face_sad]

4. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
    The entire LOTR fanbase was created by the books and has lasted for 50 years. The only reason the movies were made is to cash out on its popularity. The media plays it up real well to pretend that these are masterpieces, they are not. The books are masterpieces, these are paychecks to Hollywood and the media.

5. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    DanakinSkywalker: "The books are masterpieces, these are paychecks to Hollywood and the media."

Every movie though is... :(

6. Jedi_Knight_Seifer

Jedi_Knight_Seifer Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 24, 2003
    I agree with Danakinskywalker, I think that the books are way better. The movies are good but they leave a lot of the story out. I saw the midnight showing in Lancaster and got home around six in the morning.

7. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
    Every movie though is...

George Lucas is not part of the screen actors guild (not to mention other Hollywood groups), in other words his profit from the film is not distributed through everyone else. That's also another reason the critics degrade him constantly. Lucas is not making these films for the money, he is making them to complete his life's work.

8. Jedi_Daniel

Jun 16, 2002
    I never said the books weren?t good. But one shouldn?t say one director has more passion for a movie than another. Peter Jackson and George Lucas have the same passion for their movies as do most other directors, not to mention that PJ and GL collaborated, George giving Pete his blessing (it?s common knowledge George Lucas has a passion for Lord of the Rings, Star Wars being greatly inspired by it) and whatnot.

Many people who complain about certain things not being in the movie that were in the book hardly ever see the Extended Edition. Not once have I said Star Wars stinks, I like Star Wars, why the heck would I be here?

9. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    You like the board scheme? 8-}

10. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
    That's the reason you're here, Rico.
    [image=http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/jangofett316/owned.jpg]

11. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Nah, I like the films, I just don't worship GL for his creations as much as a few people here ;) .

12. Jedi_Daniel

Jun 16, 2002
    All hail your new God.

[image=http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1995000/images/_1998109_lucas.jpg]

13. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
    OOooh, Rico trying to be smart. Go hug a newbie, ya fruitcake.
    And like I said you = [image=http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/jangofett316/owned.jpg] again.

14. Psyche_Sans_Eros

Psyche_Sans_Eros Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2003
    That seemed... cruel...

15. Jedi_Knight_Seifer

Feb 24, 2003
    Time to chill guys.

16. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
    Burrr, chillin' already, yo.

PS. cruelty rocks! Merry Xmas!

Anyone else notice that the only thread to be bumped in nearly a month is this one? Damn I hate it when I'm right :D!

17. Psyche_Sans_Eros

Psyche_Sans_Eros Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2003
    I'll agree with that, this was a good idea and it does allow for us to keep the other threads clear.

18. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
    Not exactly what I meant, but that works too.

19. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Ah, Christmas is finally here, and then its just as fast gone once again... 8-}

Although I did enjoy myself this season, as I went into LA to visit my cousin and her baby, then the day prior I went to my aunt's house to eat some Gumbo and share fun fellowship with my other friends and family. I absoultely love [face_love] this time of year...even if I do not receive many gifts... :D

20. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    Yeah Merry X-mas all! :D
    Glad to hear your holiday was good Alex :)
    I had seen Return of the King Monday and I thought it was awesome! :D
    It's all over though! :eek:
    Jackson though is thinking of doing "The Hobbit" movie, that'd be hot! :D
    And Lucas and Jackson do an EXCELLENT job with their movies and their passion is great! :D

21. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Yeah, plus I had the oppurtunity to see my cousin's baby. Which I have never thought I'd become so attached to her. She's so cute :) . She was adorable in her speech and tried very hard to read stuff to me, though I do not understand "Baby" 8-} .

I also, had the great chance to be there when she placed together one sentence. It sounded like, "Look at that..." but was unclear enough to understand completely ;) .

No matter. I had a blast, though hard on my normal physical body as to get up when I needed to to get goin' [face_laugh] .

22. Jedi_Knight_Seifer

Feb 24, 2003
    I enjoyed my Christmas. The best thing I received were some DDR pads for my Playstation. Unfortunatly I can't use them yet because I hurt my knee a few days prior to Christmas.

23. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    :( Oh thats too bad, however though you have to love the main factor that you got those pads though, am I right? :confused:

Though I fear no more meetings till you come out of that cave which is the "DDR Zone" 8-} .

24. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    Oh I know those pads, they're awesome, the dance pads am I right? :p
    I tried that game in the arcade, it's confusing, I wasn't sure what to do, well I know what to do, but looking at the screen it's like what the heck lol :p
    My X-mas was good, stayed home and played my new playstation, visited my grandma's, read my new book which I've had done for days now. :D
    Then after that, two days later, x-mas parties on both sides of the family, and Alex, your cousin sounds so cute :p
    :)

25. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Mertroid: "My X-mas was good, stayed home and played my new playstation, visited my grandma's, read my new book which I've had done for days now. :D "

Oh, I am so there to New York... 8-} As I wish I had a Playstation... :_|

"and Alex, your cousin sounds so cute 8-} "

She is...depending on which one you speak... [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.