main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jawas 'N Critters [deck]

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by The2ndQuest , Jul 31, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I threw this one together for fun, tossed a couple cards in there to try them out (sabacc, Bluff rules, creatures).

STARTING: [repeated below]

Tatooine: Jawa Canyon
    Twi'lek Advisor
    Expand the Empire

CHARACTERS:

Jawa x9
    2X-7KPR x4
    Nebit x2
    M'iiyoom Onith
    Amanaman
    Niado Duegad
    Sebulba
    Malakili
    Herat

VEHICLES, DEVICES, CREATURES & CREATURE VEHICLES:

Vine Snake x5
    Ronto x2
    Sandcrawler x2
    Magnetic Suction Tube x2
    Wittin's Sandcrawler
    Rancor

LOCATIONS:

Tatooine
    Tatooine: Jawa Camp
    Tatooine: Jawa Canyon
    Tatooine: Bluffs
    Tatooine: Docking Bay 94
    Tatooine: Desert
    Jabba's Palace: Audience Chamber

EFFECTS & INTERRUPTS:

Abyssin Ornament x2
    Den of Thieves x2
    Dune Sea Sabacc
    Expand the Empire x2
    Reactor Terminal
    Sandwhirl x2
    Scum & Villany x2
    Sunsdown x2
    Tauntaun Skull x2
    Twi'lek Advisor x2
    Well Guarded

I've also tried starting with Audience Chamber & Scum and Villany or Tatooine system & sunsdown, but doing those options will depend on getting an exterior location in my starting hand, ETE seems to be a better choice.

Lets see here, to explain some of the more unusual cards...the bluffs are in there just for fun, the creatures for the same (although vine snakes are great against small-ability characters). The docking bay is there so I can get Malakili off-planet so that I can deploy the Rancor somewhere and have some fun. Sundown and the 2X droids are there to power-up everybody. the Desert is there for the sandwhirls. Sebulba is there for Jar-jar extermination. The Magnetic Suction Tubes are there also for fun, but also as a secondary character-removal backup plan (specifically for Jar Jar but also for some of the Jedi). Besides, using that card you can actually declare "I'm gonna suck Padme" hehe! ;;D

Any comments/suggestions welcome::)

2. 4Q2

4Q2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2001
    (Sigh) Well, you brought up Jawas, so I'm going to venture my idea here.

I haven't had a chance to try to put a deck together, but the idea is to center the deck on Jawas and the new Tatooine interrupts Either Way You Win and You Swindled Me, probably using AITC and MKOS as the objectives. My idea was to swarm them with Jawas to actually use up their force pile. If they draw up all the cards in their force pile, play EWYW or YSM ... now they have to choose: activate 2 force, letting you deploy 2 more Jawas (or one Dathcha or Het Nkik) and sucking those 2 force up, or retrieve 1 force, letting you retrieve 3 force - as the card says, either way you win. With the AITC and MKOS objectives and with Den of Thieves/Bargaining Table, you can cancel 2 drains per turn ... probably using aforementioned Dathcha and Het as Reps - they're uncommon, so they're easier to come by, although Aved Luun and Herat give you some really nice game text. Jawa Siesta/Jawa Pack and Sandcrawlers can increase their forfeit a little bit.

(Shrug) It was just a random thought. Probably a dumb idea. Just trying to find a good use for EWYW/YSM. But if anyone can make a viable deck out of it, you better give me the credit!
    ;)

3. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    I like the idea. Anything that uses heaps of commons and uncommons gets my attention.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.