main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jaxxon Lives (at TOS)!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Anakin SkySolo, Mar 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin SkySolo

Anakin SkySolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 1999
  2. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    :D ... :D ...and ... :D some more!
    Way to go Jaxxon!

3. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000

To hear him say it, he "ain't no rodent," and evidence to the contrary, it is strongly advised that you don't argue with Jaxxon, the Lepi smuggler. His outlandish appearance -- a lanky frame over 1.9 meters tall; short bright green fur; buckteeth; long attentive ears -- have prompted many an ill-advised guffaw from an insensitive spacer. Said spacers usually find themselves on the receiving end of a stunning kick, delivered by Jaxxon's powerful feet.

Jaxxon was born on Coachelle Prime, the homeworld of lagomorphic Lepi. A quiet home with a dozen siblings could not hold Jaxxon back -- the rambunctious youth spent many of his formative years in juvenile remand centers. At the age of 12, Jaxxon ran away from home and fled to the stars on a stolen starship.

The young Jaxxon landed on Nar Shaddaa, and spent the next few years honing his streetwise survival skills and razor-sharp wit on the mean streets of the vertical cities. He learned marksmanship working with a cut-throat group of mercenaries from the Corus system. When the boys of Corus broke up, Jaxxon turned to smuggling to make ends meet.

With what meager earnings he had, Jax purchased a modified WUD-500 star yacht, which he named the Rabbit's Foot. Plagued with mechanical problems, Jax set down on the distant world of Aduba-3 to enact repairs. Short on funds, he answered a call for hired guns needed to protect a small farming community from speeder-riding brigands.

The call was put out by Han Solo. Solo, Jaxxon and a handful of other miscreants protected the village of Onachra, and Jax was able to get the funds he needed to fix his ship. He also met the beautiful ex-pirate, Amaiza, and the two sparked up a friendship and lucrative business partnership. They operated out of Jaxxon's old haunts on Nar Shaddaa.

The end is near... [rolleyes.gif]

4. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    Gandolf...
    What have I been trying to tell you for around two and a half years now... Marvel is the key to the whole saga. :eek: :D

5. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

I wouldn't go that far, Genghis, but it's a good foundation that I wish more authors would learn about then apply it to future novels to make it all more inclusive.

6. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    Is not! On the other hand, The Glove of Darth Vader...

7. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    Curses, foiled again. However, there's also a lot more good stuff to come from this round's additions beyond Jaxxon.

TOS also confirmed that the Outrider was indeed in ANH:SE. One of the more absurd movie-purist arguments was that it wasn't necessarily the Outrider, but just "a ship" which happened to look exactly like it. ?[face_plain] But, it's not just an unnamed YT-2400 Light Freighter which appears in the ANH:SE. TOS confirms that the Outrider was taking off from Mos Eisley:
      "The Outrider is briefly glimpsed taking off from Mos Eisley in new footage added to the Special Edition of A New Hope."
    Of course it was pretty much common sense that it was the case, but now there's official confirmation that it was indeed the Outrider.

8. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    You're really excited about this Outrider confirmation, aren't you, Genghis?

9. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Personally, I don't care if those added are characters I like or not. The important thing is that more and more EU characters, races,l planets, ships, etc. get added and acknowledged. That is all that matters to me.

10. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    Not really. I'll be excited the next time anyone tells me the Outrider was not in ANH:SE. [face_devil]

I just didn't see a need to have three threads going on about new TOS information. I realized I should've put it in the general one, but the general one detoured here. So, here it got copied.

11. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Marvel referances are also seen in Guri's behind the scenes section.

12. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    The behind the scenes data on Jaxxon is really the best part of adding the "green bunny". I mean, I'm one of those like Genghis and others who keep pointing out that the EU didn't start with the Thrawn Trilogy. And the behind the scenes data mentions him as being a character added in the early years of EU publishing.

13. Kast_Morben

Kast_Morben Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Oh. My. God.

SOTE is back with a vengeance, Yeah!

(To the tune of 'The Blackadder')

Dash rules, dash rules, dash rules dash rules etc etc

EDIT: All the background information that they give for Dash, Leebo, the Outrider the Virago and Guri is excellent! Round of applause for TOS!

14. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Jaxxon is the Max Rebo of the Marvels. He looks utterly ridiculous, but who doesn't like Max Rebo ?

(And Black Sun is dead after YJK :( )

15. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    OMG - (yeah, IatDS - more Outrider stuff. :p ) I never even thought to check the "Movie" tab, because it's EU, and none of the EU material has had one. But the Outrider has a "movie" page for it as well!!! I believe it's the only EU item to do so...
      "A modified freighter, the Outrider was just one of several vessels seen flying over the port city of Mos Eisley that fateful day Luke Skywalker left Tatooine. "

16. Anakin SkySolo

Anakin SkySolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 1999
    It may be true, Genghis, that only one "EU" page has a movie page, but at least one other EU entry also has a movie episode darkened:

Quinlan Vos, who was based on a background character in Episode I.

17. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    [image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/jaxxon/img/eu_bg.jpg]

Every time I see him I think of Bucky O'Hare(sp?) :D

wk

18. AT-ST_DRIVER

AT-ST_DRIVER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
  19. wampa

wampa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    An Aalya Secura databank entry would also be a movie entry with origins in EU.

20. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    Yeah - true, Wampa. Hopefully they'll get around to it around the release.

21. Darth Pikachuwbacca

Darth Pikachuwbacca Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2000
    Hey, Genghis, the Outrider was NOT in ANH!

(Excited yet? :p)

By the way, was anyone else disappointed that Dash was not confirmed as one of the two men walking into the Cantina in ANH:SE as had long been speculated?

22. 181st Fighter Wing

181st Fighter Wing Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 8, 2000
    Actually, The Annotated Screenplays (published several years ago) confirmed that the ship was the Outrider as did Behind The Magic: The Insider's Guide to Star Wars.

The info on Jax looks almost word for word what was in Gamer #4.

23. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    FYI: AdmiralZaarin has made a Jaxxon icon. He looks greener here than in the posted picture on this thread. Check it out at:
    http://zaarinsicons.cjb.net

I think it would be nice to have for St.Paddy's Day and Easter. :D We should PM Lord Bane when he gets back and ask for a rush order on it.

24. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2001
    Silly rabbit! Trixs are for kids!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.