main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Jayne's Town: the thread for discussion of Firefly.

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Idiots Array, Nov 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    "You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til you understand who's in ruttin' command here." -- Jayne.

Firefly is on Fox Friday nights at 7pm. I know there are other people out there besides sideshow and me who watch this great show.

I'm going to watch tonight's episode and paint my nails right now, so I'll post more later.

If nothing else sideshow and I will turn this thread into a quote-a-thon. ;)

2. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    "whoa...good bible!"

"i'm goin' to the special hell"

man, i love this show!
    definately worth checking out!!

3. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    Sideshow and I have already commented upon the similarities between Firefly and Cowboy Bebop, but it struck me in tonight's episode how much Firefly plays like a Star Wars RPG session.

Inara: "What did I tell you about barging into my shuttle?"
    Mal: "That it was manly and impulsive?"
    Inara: "Yes, precisely, only the exact phrase I used was 'don't'".

4. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    totally, i can see myself running a game going just like this show!

the captain is a great character too, just the right amount of han solo bravado, while still bieng a capable leader...

5. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    Ok, you've talked me into it. You guys told me about it at Moe's party, but after reading the quotes, I'm definately watching next week.

And by the way IA the following quote of yours just proves how cool you are! [face_laugh]

I'm going to watch tonight's episode and paint my nails right now, so I'll post more later.

:D

6. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    Mal: Can't get paid if you're dead.
    Jayne: Can't get paid if you crawl away like a bitty little bug neither. I got a share of this job. Ten percent of nothin' is, let me do the math here...nothin' and a nothin', carry the nothin'...

7. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    Great episode tonight! Great scenes between Mal and Wash and of course Jayne gets to spend some quality time with Vera. I think the high point of the episode for me was Zoe choosing Wash without hesitating. Joss throws the old "choose which of your friends will be saved" scenario on it's ear and it makes perfect sense.

Not that I'm complaining, mind you, but what in the bloody hell was up with the scene between Inara and the VIP? [face_shocked]

Again, great episode. Just reinforces why this is my favorite show on tv right now.

Until the next episode "I'll be in my bunk." ;)

8. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    Hi there everyone, I'm with Orange County Fan Force out here in Southern California. I noticed you had a thread going about FireFly and I thought I'd jump in.

I don't know how many of you keep up on news about tv shows, but I try to be very religious about it. I think FireFly is a good show that can really grow if it's allowed to. That being said it's unfortunate that Fox has decided to put the show on hiatus. Hopefully it'll get moved to Monday nights where it can get a bigger audience.

That being said I thought the last episode was absolutely fantastic! I can't wait for more.

Well, gotta go now, talk to you all later :)

9. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    doh! i know it hasn't been on for a couple of weeks, but it came back this week! does that mean its gone again? i think there's only a couple of episodes left anyways...

monday nights would be cool though...

10. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    No, it's not gone quite yet. There is still at least 1 episode that hasn't aired. It's the unaired pilot that Joss first submitted to Fox. They're supposed to air it sometime. It will probably either be the 2 hour finale, or, if Fox decides to renew it, it will be shown as a two parter. Or maybe it will even be shown before that. Either way, I think the episode is called "Serenity". It would have fit much better as a season opener since it tells where everyone came from and how they got the ship. It's a little slow at times too, but it has wonderful character development. Oh, yes, in case it's not obvious, I have seen it :). It was a very bad quality copy though and I have since gotten rid of it. I'm just waiting for Fox to air it so I can have a good quality copy of it.

11. Mara Jade Emperor's Hand

Mara Jade Emperor's Hand Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 1, 1999
    Okay, here's the situation as I understand it: Fox's 'official' word is that 'Firefly' is going on hiatus in January, possibly to be moved to a different time slot. However, the way I hear it, the network has already told Joss and Co. that the show's going to be cancelled after the next three (I think) episodes.

Now, since Fox hasn't made an official announcement of cancellation, they could theoretically change their minds and buy more episodes. However, this isn't particularly likely, so many fans believe that the show's best chance is if UPN (the network that airs 'Buffy') picks it up. Either option is kinda iffy, so a lot of fans are writing the networks to show that there is interest in 'Firefly'.

If anyone here wants to help 'Firefly' keep flying, this site has some information about who to write. (It also explains the situation in a much more intelligible way than I have... I will admit that my understanding of the situation is likely not perfect.)

'Firefly' is an awesome show and I would hate to see it disappear, so please, spread the word to anyone you know who is a fan.

-mjeh

p.s. See, IA, I finally got around to posting on your thread. Am I not a woman of my word? ;)

12. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    woohoo!~thanks for the info mara jade!!!

13. Mara Jade Emperor's Hand

Nov 1, 1999
    OMG, you guys have got to see if you haven't already:

Lux Lucre's Firefly Page

I especially like the South Park version of Serenity's crew. :)

-mjeh

14. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    [image=http://www.lairofluxlucre.com/all/firefly/cartoon-sp-jayne01.gif]

;)

15. Atjeh

Atjeh Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2003
    I have all the shows on my computer, remind me at the 19th network party and whoever wants can copy them from me. I think they are a total of 6Gigs or something.

16. Mara Jade Emperor's Hand

Nov 1, 1999
    *sigh* Apparently, UPN has passed on picking up 'Firefly'. So much for that option... unfortunately we seem to be quickly running out of networks here. :(

Ballad of Serenity
    Music and lyrics by Joss Whedon
    Performed by Sonny Rhodes

Take my love
    Take my land
    Take me where I cannot stand
    I don't care
    I'm still free
    You can't take the sky from me

Take me out
    To the black
    Tell 'em I ain't coming back
    Burn the land
    And boil the sea
    You can't take the sky from me

Have no place
    I can be
    Since I found Serenity
    But you can't take the sky from me

17. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
  18. arizonasithlord

arizonasithlord Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2002
    Hell Yeah..

19. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    More info on the Firefly movie deal: Shiny! :D

20. chickey

chickey Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 21, 2002
    was the thug for hire on firefly the same guy the scoobies thought was the annoited one in season one of buffy?

21. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    ok if this ever happens, i'm gonna have to see it since i missed the show when it was on and have heard nothing but good stuff about it from buffy fans i trust ;)...people talked a bunch about it in the buffy panel at con as well...

22. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    Oooh...this would rule.

*gets in line*

:D

23. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    good news! (and with the firefly DVD set coming in december, i know something to put on my Christmas list!)

24. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    Sounds like Firefly recently won an Emmy. Shiny! :D

25. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    they win an emmy, and noone will pick up the series...

geez, what do they have to do to get a channel to put on good programming!

just because its not 'reality television' (face_puke) doesnt mean that you cant show it!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.