main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Jays Game - Take 4...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by grey_starr, Aug 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    Ok... since this IS such a huge success... let's DO IT AGAIN!... (like the wave going around)...

The PizzaPizza deal... 4 Level 100 Tickets, Pizza and Pop... $96 (that is $24.50 per person)... (Fridays only)...

Now... Take 3 we had 8 in one row... This time I WILL put us in two rows (or three!)... in groups of 4-6... This way we are closer to all fit into pictures!... AND we all fit onto the Jumbo!... Which we will be on!!

(I am stilltrying to get a copy of the Jumbotron footage - now "they" are looking for me)

We will go Sept 17th vs TB 7:05 PM...

Going for sure:
    ---------------------
    Grey Starr (Daniel)
    Samantha
    Debbie
    Duker
    Majik
    Janet
    Peter
    Frogstar (Jeff)
    Alex

----------------
    We had three days to choose from (All fridays):
    Sept 3rd vs OAK 7:05 PM (Weekend after SFX-bad)
    Sept 17th vs TB 7:05 PM
    Oct 1st vs NYY 7:05 PM (Maybe "Take 5"!)

2. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Oh! September 17th, please! I know I'll be in that weekend because of the Concert on the 18th.

3. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    17th sounds good for me too.

4. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    I could possibly do that

5. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    We will go Sept 17th vs TB 7:05 PM...

Same meeting place?... OR... should we switch to the front... where you all apparently met for some dinner before SFX last year?... in a food court?... above it?... abouve would work for me...

And this time I'll pick up the tickets myself... MUCH sooner... that was SO slow!!!... I wanted to hit the guy... but... instead I pulled out my blaster at blew him away... he was quickly replaced and promptly gave me our tickets... (I wish)...

6. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    (EDIT) I posted it so I wouldn't loose it... The one about getting a copy is no longer on the Jays web page... good thing I did keep copies!... I'm waiting for a call back now...

JUMBOTRON
    SkyDome features one of North America's largest video display screens. The screen, built by Sony, measures three storeys high by nine storeys wide and is used for both baseball and football games. The 17 million dollar JumboTron utilizes over 67,200 light bulbs during operation.

JUMBOTRON MESSAGES
    During the course of the 2004 season, fans may reserve a birthday, anniversary, welcome or proposal message on JumboTron for a donation of $100.00 to the Jays Care Foundation by calling the reservation line at (416) 341-1020 no less than five (5) business days prior to the desired date of the game. Fans will receive a photograph of their greeting on JumboTron as well as a charity tax receipt (for Canada residents only) if requested. All proceeds benefit the Jays Care Foundation.

JUMBOTRON VIDEO CLIPS
    Fans are often featured on JumboTron as part of the game entertainment. Videotaped copies of this are available under these guidelines:
    For this service, a donation of $80 (CDN) is required. All money is donated to the Toronto Blue Jays Charitable Foundation, for which you would receive a $50 charitable tax receipt (upon your request). Please make the cheque payable to the "Toronto Blue Jays Charitable Foundation."
    All requests must be made in writing.
    Indicate the date of the game, the event (first pitch, 7th inning stretch, etc.), and a short description of the person.
    Due to production costs, the Toronto Blue Jays will wait until five (5) similar requests are received.
    Once we receive your donation, we will research your request. If there is a match, we will send you a VHS copy.
    This tape is not subject for a refund or exchange if you are not satisfied with the quality of the tape.
    If your request was not filmed, we will return your donation.
    Please forward your request to:
    Game Entertainment
    Toronto Blue Jays
    1 Blue Jays Way, Suite 3200
    Toronto, ON M5V 1J1

7. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    I've gotten a call back!... He is looking into it... and trying to get us a copy of the footage... at at least some screen shots...
    -------------------------------------------------------
    I've called the dome 50 times at least... left messages with like 20 people over that time... and not ONCE! did I get a call back... I've just tried again... left a Message for Tim Sullivan... simply asking if they still make available copies of what was shown on the JumboTron and left my number...

Maybe if more of us asked?... someone would get a reply?... call 416-341-1020... ask for Tim Sullivan... and ask if they still can make copies of what's been on the JumboTron... and ask for a quick call back...
    -------------------------------------------------------

8. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    I called and left a message. But I don't know whether I'll be around if they call back because I'm working so much this week.

9. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    I should find out on Tuesday if I can come for the game or not.

10. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    Well, it's Tuesday, and I DO have Fridays off as of Sept. 13th, so I'll be able to go to the game. Yay!

11. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    Yay! That's great Janet! Will you have a car? I'm bringing my dad's car up to London for a couple of weeks, so I'll be driving to the game in it so I can leave it with him.

12. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    yes, I do have a car, much better than my old car, but smaller.

13. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    Sweet!... must add to list!... Hmm... there was someone else... I recall from SFX... a friend... but... my mind is BLANK!...

14. DARTH2-D2

Feb 9, 2002
    Q-ball wants to go

15. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    Yes... is Q-Ball going?...

16. DARTH2-D2

Feb 9, 2002
    he says he will be there

17. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    Will you be able to make it??

18. DARTH2-D2

Feb 9, 2002
    possible, not sure yet. i will know more after thursday... payday!

19. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Argh! I just realized I will be in a meeting until around 8pm

So are you going for crap afterwards?

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

20. Sabrina001

Sabrina001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Argh! That's the second night of Rosh Hashana. Well, I'm (unfortunetly) definitley out.

*sigh* I guess this makes me 4 for 4 :(

Sabrina

21. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    Peter's probably coming, depending on his school schedule.

22. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    I'll ante in. And raise you twenty.

23. DARTH2-D2

Feb 9, 2002
    sorry I cant make it and either can Q-ball

24. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    Arggg... Anyone else going???... this is next week... (Friday 17th)... and I'll need to order the tickets!

25. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    Peter and I are coming

and I could ask a friend too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.