main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JBS Official News: Broad*Con07 - Final Accounting Memo (Pix to follow)

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by ZOOfo-Dyas, Jun 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Tofu

Darth_Tofu Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    woo hoo!!! I'm excited!

Trying to get off at 4 by skipping lunch, but I should be there by 7 at the latest :) So if anyone forgets anything, let me know and I'll grab it on my way out of town :)

2. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    What time do you want me at your place on Thursday?

3. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    The other Broads should be at the house shortly after 1PM... So, anytime after that would be fine. :)

And I still have your # DT, so I will be glad to holler at you should we find we're missing something. Also, your timing will be perfect, since we should have dinner ready around that time. [face_laugh]

4. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Well, I'll be out of work at 2:30... so I'll probably not have packed by then :p ;) so I'll probably be at your place at 4:30, or I could try and be super productive and try and get everything done tomorrow night and head out directly from work...

So expect anywhere between 3:30 and 4:30 Thurdsay I'll be there and ready to par-tay...

5. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    I would seriously consider the second of your suggestions... The last place you want to be after 4PM is I-25

6. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I'm trying to find out how early I can leave on Friday, but I may not know until Friday??? I am planning on leaving no later then 12pm from Downtown, lightrail it to wherever & away we go?

So what am I bringing? Do we need a boombox? Puzzles? Please help as I still suffering from brain damage.

7. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    You will need the following: your bag, your sparkling personality, your ascerbic wit, your money and that's pretty much it. :)

You will be taking the Light Rail South to the Colorado Blvd Station. And you want a train with an "F" or "H" on it from the California or Stout Stations (they make a loop around those, so it won't matter which one you get on from). Just give me a call when you get on the train so I know when to head to the station to get you. :)

I'm bringing the good speakers with the laptop, so we can use that for our musical selections. :)

8. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Sweet! Do we know how much mula yet? & when you say $60 to $80 for gas is that total?

9. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    The $60-80 is per person, for everything but lodging (That's $79 each, unless we pick up a stray)... Food, fuel, pool, etc.

I'm doing the rest of the shopping tonight, so I'll have the hard #'s for that tomorrow. :)

10. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    I can bring my computer speakers, they're surround sound, that way we can hook the tv to your laptop using s-video cable and then my speakers have an adapter we can use for any hookup on your laptop. Hehe...

11. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    NICE!

12. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    Food budget... For the whole weekend, including cookout hamburgers for lunch Saturday, breakfasts, 2 dinners, *beverages* and junk food. $35/person

So, that's $79 for lodging, $35 for food, $9-16 for the pool, and then fuel costs (whatever they may be). :) Approx $125 without fuel.

I won't make any comments on fuel, because it's not good to chance fate like that. ;)

13. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    For you...broads...that'll be going to that outdoor place, I thought I'd impart something I just learned.

"Cutter" brand insect repellent works considerably better than "Off." Since I'm outside almost every evening working on my stone wall, I decided to try something different. With "Off" the mosquitoes would create a cloud around me and send scouts to find a non-sprayed spot to land on. With "Cutter" I was all but invisible. Smells better, too. I found it at Home Depot in the bug spray aisle. The Internet told me to do it.

14. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Is that the bugspray with the orange lid on it? The one that looks like it could be a spray paint can??

Also, how many will be in my car? This is vitally important so I know which seat to fold down in the back....

15. Darth_Tofu

Mar 17, 2002
    hmm... note to self. pack tonight.

16. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    You... Kim... And if you conned someone else to go. :D

17. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    No, as good as it would be for her she has to work :(

Cool. I'll clean out the car then and make a nice Kim shaped space in the passenger seat. ;) (actually the car is relatively clean, compared to the Imperial Garbage Scow.)

18. Darth_Tofu

Mar 17, 2002
    so the place has bedding and I don't need to bring a sleeping bag?

19. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    Correct

20. Darth_Tofu

Mar 17, 2002
    sweet.

so pretty much just clothes, toiletries, $$, and hiking gear?

21. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    Yuppers... When I plan a trip, everything is taken into account, and made as simple as possible for the participants.

Also, unlike some *other* con... All walking is voluntary. ;)

22. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Getting excited!! DH just figured out last night that I'm staying 2 nights & he won't see me for 3 days :eek: Not sure why it took him so long?

23. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    There are crazy Broads driving around town as we speak... Be afraid... VERY afraid! [face_worried] [face_skull]

24. LadyoftheMandalore

LadyoftheMandalore Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2007
    Have fun ladies!

25. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005

Well, that sinks it for me, I'm NOT driving on the road home for a few more hours. [face_pumpkin]

::gets comfy in work chair::

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.