main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena JC Arena Fantasy Football '12

Discussion in 'Community' started by LloydChristmas, Sep 3, 2012.

1. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
    Go AWAY.

2. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
  3. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Last night, in another league where I had Aaron Rodgers left and my opponent had Green Bay's D, I was down 82.02-82.20 at the end of the game.

Because of that HORRENDOUS call-- and more specifically, the required extra point to make it 14 points on the D and not 13-- I actually WON my match 82.02-79.20.

As a Packer and NFL fan, I was outraged by the call. But as a fantasy owner... O:)

Anyone else affected by that crap? xblackout I know you had Rodgers in our league and squeeked by a win...

4. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    what?! ah man, i thought for sure i won since i had crosby and rodgers didn't throw a td. 0-3, ouch. :(

5. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    But tom! The Pats are 1-2! Your reverse jinx is working!

6. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    lol, that's the silver lining. i'm actually only in one other league and i have brady and welker in that league too. but i squeaked out my first win in that league this week.

should have reverse jinxed the cardinals though, apparently.

7. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    well. this just goes to show that you really don't have a clue what's going to happen this season. i go from the worst team in the league for almost two straight weeks to breaking well over 100. oy.

8. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
  9. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    well, not playing dennis pitta was certainly the right choice this week. and if i regret playing flacco over peyton then oy... i'll have lost a REALLY good performance.

10. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    *sighs*

the no PPR is really hurting me.

11. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    eh, you're not having a bad week.

12. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    at WR i've had ONE good week. and it wasn't this one.

13. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    seems a little nitpicky when you're winning by 63 points.

14. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    and he still has half of his team left to play on monday.

15. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i did notice that. still you'll have over a hundred, which isn't a bad week win or lose. and your opponent would get ppr too were it in place, so the difference would be negligible.

16. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    other than that two of my wrs would have had double points, which would have been useful. that's why i like PPR more, because it means that you can use possession receivers, unlike in this setup. it's just more consistent.

and i MIGHT get over a hundred. i have a kicker. you never know what's going to happen with a kicker. at all.

17. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i disagree that it's more consistent. you should get rewarded for moving the ball, not just touching it. for that to be consistent you'd then have to give a running back a point every time they receive a handoff. i have awesome ppr guys on my team, but i'm still glad we don't have the rule.

18. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    that makes absolutely no sense tom. i didn't understand why you said that the first time, and i still don't. why would you have to give a point to a RB every time they get the ball handed to them. catching the ball actually takes skill, taking a handoff does not. at all.

19. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    uh, not always. if someone catches a dinky screen pass and then gets tackled for a four yard loss it really doesn't require much skill. i don't think someone should get a point for that, and it's why i don't like the rule. if someone has a lot of receiving yards or touchdowns they are helping their team and that's also reflected in their fantasy score. if someone catches 14 passes for 24 yards they really aren't doing much to help their team and shouldn't be rewarded with inflated fantasy stats.

20. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    unless every one of those 14 catches was for a first down on third down. or even half of them. that's part of what a possession receiver does to help their team. they don't get the explosive plays, they move the chains when they have to be moved.

i don't think we're ever going to see eye to eye on this one.

21. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    yeah, that goes back to my point about running backs. they don't get extra points for gutting out a tough third and short. you wouldn't want a good short yardage back to get extra points so they could be more level with the truly elite backs in the league. why do that for receivers?

22. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    how about a point for first downs then? could you get behind that?

23. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    hmm, yeah i think i could. obviously too late for this year, but do leagues have that option?

24. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    i dunno, but it seems to me like they certainly should.

25. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    gotta get nine points out of andre johnson tonight if i want to hand tee her first loss. adds a little interest to a game i otherwise really don't care about.