main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JC Banner Makers Thread

Discussion in 'Communications' started by FlamingSword, Dec 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlamingSword

FlamingSword Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Very nice, nashira! The only things I see are all in the curve. There's some pixilation around R2 and the gift. But that's about it. :)

2. nashira

nashira Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2002
  3. slavegirl

slavegirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    That's great nashira - the wampa (?) is very cute! :D

Oh, and if I were a braver person I'd start a thread on this, but does anyone know why the Post Reply images aren't showing up?

4. Darth_Weirdo

Darth_Weirdo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    I am considering of starting to make banners myself. And I was just wondering what program would the best? Photoshop? And what do I need to know when making a banner? Any clues or hints? Tutorials? Thank you for your time. :)

5. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    take a look at the first post to get an idea of what a banner is made up of. take a peek at the links there as well, including the board customization FAQ.

as far as an image editing program goes. get something along the lines of photoshop, photoshop elements, or paint shop pro. (there are also a number of other great programs out there which i've failed to mention)

hope that helps. ;)

6. Darth_Weirdo

Darth_Weirdo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    Thanks! :)

BTW which is better Paint Shop Pro or PhotoShop?

7. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    most people will tell you that photoshop is hands-down the best image editing program on the face of the planet. i would agree, but for a project like this, either of those programs would do an excellent job. i personally use paint shop pro because i've been using it for years and i know it inside and out. photoshop has a lot more in-depth features to it, though it comes at a price ($700 compared to the more economical $99 paint shop pro).

8. Darth_Imran

Darth_Imran Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    You can however purchase Photoshop Elements, which is a considerably cheaper alternative to Photoshop - offering many of the features found in PS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.