main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPR Archive JC Big Brother 5 Signup Thread!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by Only-One Cannoli, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Welcome to the 5th installment of the JC Big Brother game! It was popular in past years, so we've decided to bring it back for some summer fun.

The way it works is 16 JC users are shut in the "Big Brother house" (basically, another forum). They can't post outside the house for the duration of the game. Every week, they'll be given "tasks" or challenges to perform. People will be voted out of the house by the viewers every week until the end of the game. The winner will get one week of colors. Meanwhile, players can spam and socialize in the house.

There are only two requirements. First, you're not allowed to post outside of the house unless specifically given permission by the host (that includes socks). It's not that bad, though, since you can still communicate with your friends by posting messages for them in the house. Second and related, you can't have duties that require your presence in the wider JC (e.g. game host) unless your forum's mod gives you permission to put it on hiatus.

Interested in playing? All you have to do is audition! PM this thread's creator a note (can be any length) stating why you should be in the Big Brother house this summer (don't make it too personal, since we'll be making these public!) and the Big Brother hosts will choose the entries we like best and let you know!

The game will start 6/7 and run until 8/23.

If you post your reason in this thread I will spank you thricefold upon the buttucks.

2. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    I know you said that not allowed to post outside the forum for the duration of the game. Does that include those that are voted out?

And why do viewers vote out and not the members of the house?

3. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    This sounds kinda cool and all, but the requirement for not posting anywhere else makes it difficult for rpers. RP's need a committment from players and if too many players that may be in the same game join in Big Brother, it can mess up the flow of a RP.

4. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    Alright!

After a painful process of wrestling this answer out of Modsquad, they say what we can do is that mods can post on behalf of any GM or player that joins the Big Brother House.

So for example: GM X gets chosen to go into the house. She herself cannot post outside of the house, but she can keep her game going by PMing her posts to a Mod, who will put the posts up in turn. I believe this offer is exclusive only to fanfic writers and GM/Players... and can only be used to keep your projects on track.

So be not afraid of losing games! We got your back :)

Other questions perhaps?

-I_H

[color=gold][hl=green][b]I_H Edit:[/b][/hl][/color] Welll... never mind! Auditions have ended and this game will soon be starting! No worries RPF! I'm happy to all have you in my forum and not in the BB House! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.