main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL JC FAQ

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Xmaveric, Dec 3, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    *****Frequently Asked Questions*****

*How do I become an administrator?*

The forum administrators are selected by invitation only, either by TheForce.net staff or other administrators. Please do not ask to become an administrator.

*How do I edit something I've posted?*

After you post, you have 60 minutes to make corrections or changes to your message. Simply click on "EDIT YOUR POST" just below your message.

*Can I change the topic title of my thread?*

Yes you can. To edit your topic title, edit your message and simply change the subject line. Note that the same 60-minute time limit rule applies to this as well, so it would be a good idea to choose your topics wisely.

*How do I include a link to another web page?*

Simply paste the full URL into your message. Snowboard will automatically make it into a clickable link.

*How can I see how many times I've posted here?*

Clicking on your own user name will take you to your profile page. Here you can see how many posts you have, your registration date, your list of favorite users, and other optional personal details.

*What do the stars next to my name mean?*

The stars indicate how many times a person has posted. Stars are awarded at 50, 250, 500, 1000, and 5000 posts.

*What happened to the thread I posted months ago?*

In order to save server space and keep the forums running smoothly, older topics that have not received replies for a while may occasionally be deleted, or "pruned". This is not a personal action against you, unless you posted something that was in violation of forum rules.

*How come I can't see my last post?*

Due to the incredible amount of traffic that the Jedi Council Forums recieve, the server may sometimes update slower then at other times. Be patient. Your post will most likely appear within 60 seconds. Please do not hit the submit button more then once, or try posting your message again, as this will usually result in multiple posts of the same message. Wait for a reasonable amount of time, and make sure your browser has the most recent version of the page loaded. Holding down the shift key and pressing Refresh will make sure of this in most browsers.

*How do I post a picture?*

Currently, posting pictures is not an option on Snowboards. Hopefully it will be soon.

*How do I take people off of my "Watched Users" list?*

Go into Options at the top of the page, and click on "Manage Your Watched Users List". Simply click "Remove" on the user you wish to delete from your list.

*Why do some users have colored names?*

Colored names denote admins, managers (TFN staff), and VIPs. VIP status is generally reserved for well-known Star Wars authors.

*Why does a topic have a line through it?*

This means that a topic has been closed from receving further replies. You can still read the thread, but cannot post to it.

2. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    ^ Bump ^

3. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    Hey Autobot,

When are you going to grace us with a FanForce Forum FAQ????

4. JediLars

JediLars Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    I think the star labeling is kinda cheesy. I liked the title of Jedi Knight myself. Also since they combined FF with JC why doesn't our post status there come with us to the JC? I can understand with the cross over some people needed to change their user name but I am sure JC could have least had a system to work with to at least figure out who is who.

JediLars

5. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Stars are cooooOOOOOOooool.... especially when you've got 4 of em like mesa. hee hee hee. =D

~Sithman~
    Merry Sithmas!

6. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Hey, Lars! Here's how I choose to think about losing our status and starting over at square one.

To paraphrase Yoda:
    "Recognition. Hmph. Stars. Hmph. A Jedi craves not these things."

We must all remember that we ARE Jedi Knights. And behave accordingly. We do what we do out of a deep sense of purpose (we are completely obsessed with Star Wars), not because we seek reward.

Those of us who post here know who we each are, and can respond accordingly. The rest of the rabble, who cares what they think? Either they will join us, or die. Muwahahaha!

7. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    but ya see, i've been around over a year and a half....... i deserve 4. :-D. *sigh* newbies

~Sithman~
    Merry Sithmas!

8. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Hey, buddy, I've been here that long too, (albeit under a different username) but that doesn't matter. As long as we're here together... No. That sounds too cheesy. Ummm... How 'bout, "Yeah, what jedigal said." Right. So... I ain't a newbie. Just like to point that out...

9. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Hey, Mr. Sithman, better be careful there! Watch who you call newbies. I see no reason for you to insult us.

You may think we're new, but that's a misconception. Our FanForce forums are not a new creation, just a new part of the Jedi Council. They weren't born yesterday, and neither were we. Most of us posting here are NOT new to FanForce!

Maybe it's you who are the newbie! How about a little respect and acceptance? We didn't ask to move, but now our starship is docked next to yours. Well met, fellow sentient. Welcome aboard our humble vessel. We have a very well supplied galley. Care for a nerf filet?

10. Sithi_Barbarino

Sithi_Barbarino Jedi Youngling

Dec 6, 2000
    Yeah, so up your nose with a rubber hose.

11. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Go, jedigal! Go, jedigal! It's your birthday! It's your birthday! Woooo, I've had a little too much caffeine today...
    Hey, I got another one, Sithi Barbarino:
    Well, pin a rose on YOUR nose.
    Or, Oh, cry me a river.

I need to really lay off the caffeine.

12. JediLars

JediLars Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    Say JediGirl you are absolutely correct that stars or labels don't matter. And Yes we at CF are JediKights. But I guess we have to put up with scum like Sithyboy who will ultimately succumb to the CF.

JediLars

Word to look up: succubus :)

13. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    succubus! You naughty Jedi!

14. Stardreamer

Stardreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2000
    "Stars not make one great!"

They are useful for keeping track of who the serious posters are, but that's about it. Influence is found, not in quantity, but in quality.

Take me, for example. I think I was a fairly well-known and liked poster in the old FanForce CF forum...

My post count as of the 3rd? 374.

Six months of posting, only 374 posts.

It's all about quality.

Thom

15. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    So the fact that I ended my UBB FF career with just short of 1300 posts in 6 months says what about me?

16. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    Ooooh...sounds like it's time for a tally...

Here's the Top 4 Total Posts:

1. JediJeff - 1321
    2. Le_Penguin - 593
    3. soulcoughing - 565
    4. Maveric - 525

Surprisingly, everyone else was below 400. They must have lives or something :)

17. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    1321. Well....I WAS the king of FF, and I shall soon be the master of JC as well!! ALL BOW BEFORE THE GREAT AND POWERFUL OZ! Oh crap - wrong movie.

I wonder just how many of those 1321 ACTUALLY dealt with the SW idea of the forum? Ahhh....who cares - we had fun over there. Now we must replicate it here. Ya know, maybe I WON'T send Penguin the cash for the figs he's holding from me until he starts posting over here.

18. Stardreamer

Nov 26, 2000
    1300 posts in six months.

That's over 200 posts per month.

Man, JJ, that's... special. ;>

Thom

19. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    I had 66 posts on the old boards in 4 months and 2 days. That was .528 of a post a day.

Phil

20. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    I think JediAutobot needs to reprise her role and update this thing...

21. Stardreamer

Nov 26, 2000
    Actually, the JC FAQ that started this thread (your post, as I recall, Mav ;) )is still fairly accurate, except for the mention of no pictures. So she would just need to update it for the recently-added goodies, like colors and such. ;->

22. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    Exactly!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.