main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JC Forums Search is Next to Useless...

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by drippyzeo, Aug 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drippyzeo

drippyzeo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    Lock away mods when I get an answer...

Does anyone have a link to that tutorial posted a while back about making ultra-realistic planets in photoshop?

2. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Affirmative on the usleessness of the search, and...

PLANET TUTORIAL.

~Neszis~

3. diabloblanco17

diabloblanco17 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2002
  4. durbnpoisn

durbnpoisn TFN Staff Cast & Crew Database star 5 VIP

May 20, 2002
    No help... Except that I agree that the search feature is totally useless.

5. 20x6

20x6 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Yeah man, I was trying to find where the first reference to Iron Fist of the Obsidian Sith is so I could laugh along with everyone else. No luck. I think the earliest reference I found was in May, and it just said "Oh no, not that again!" Oh well.

6. Darth_Obstreperous

Darth_Obstreperous Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    Works fine for me.

7. Neszis

May 23, 2001
    Bastion was the memeber that brought IFOTOS to light. Check his posts.

~Neszis~

8. Master_Jedi_David

Master_Jedi_David Jedi Youngling star 2

May 24, 2002
    I agree with everyone else. Forum search utterly useless.

9. drippyzeo

Jun 11, 2002
    Thanks, all.

10. QUI_TIN_TARANTINO

QUI_TIN_TARANTINO Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2002
    I have IFOTOS on my hardrive ,but for the sake of harmony on the boards shall not share it.
    Keep searching though .

11. 20x6

20x6 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Yeah, Thanks Neszis for the pointer. I was able to track down IFOTOS through Bastion and Bobobear's posts. I was able to find a corrupt version of it still on the TF.N server, next to the messed up Lost World file, but all I really got to see was the "Now you know the true meaning of pain!" part. Oh well, another legend lost due to ego.

12. Weslen

Weslen Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 2002
    Regarding the search feature - are the boards likely to be upgraded or switched to a new system in the near future? I've been considering writing a forum browsing client for this forum, but don't feel like wasting my time if it's going to be improving soon.

13. Neszis

May 23, 2001
    It's sad. Iron Fist was possibly the best fanfilm to date. When it came out (In 01!) it beats knightquest hands down. I mean, the effects could have been improved, but that's understandable. The acting was next to professional, and oh my GOD the ending Bridge scene..that was phenomenal. I wish the creators didn't fall off the face of the planet :).

~Neszis~

14. MoffJake

MoffJake Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2001
    Does anyone have the Fanfilms Select from IFOTOS. It was an amazing FX still from the dessert sequence. I'd kill just to see that one pic.

Anybody got it?

15. doggans

doggans Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 31, 2002
    Oh, it's still in the select archives on TFN.

16. _Vengeance_

_Vengeance_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    I just found the IFOTOS well of knowledge :eek:...

Dear lord... now I understand, lol! And do solemnly swear to keep it under wing...

-Cheers and blessed be!

17. Bastion

Bastion Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2001
    The select pic is here.

The first thread about IFOTOS was 'Best Fan Film', you can read about it through that thread and two others (both topic titles mention IFOTOS), which can be found by going back through my posts (I believe the first was about the start of August '02, I did retrieve all the links but then my browser crashed just before I was about to post, so I couldn't be bothered finding them all again). There was one other thread that I didn't post in, just search for IFOTS as it was misspelt in the topic title.

I cant give out the film because Ross Sinclair asked me not too, I believe the IFP site is no longer up to unfortunately...

18. JEDIBYKNIGHT

JEDIBYKNIGHT Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    Don't let tumblemonster see this....

19. drippyzeo

Jun 11, 2002
    So, was Bobobear behind all of this? Sheesh...she should post more often.

Edit: I can see now that IFOTOS is by far, one of the greatest films to ever grace TFN.

Reading through those old threads, I saw a bunch of names that don't post very much around here anymore...got me kinda nostalgic. :(

20. doggans

doggans Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 31, 2002
    I can see what Lord_Rive meant in those old threads about Duality being compared to IFOTOS...but IFOTOS had a bit more plot.

:p

21. Bobobear

Bobobear Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2002
    But back on topic...

Did the boards change the new search feature that was introduced about a year ago? I agree that the present/old search feature is terrible.

(and since the end of the "fiasco" I've never once mentioned any iphotos business...it's you kind folks that keep the memory alive)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.