TOR JC Heroes - TFN Republic Guild

Discussion in 'Games' started by Sarge221, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    [image=http://i312.photobucket.com/albums/ll340/Sarge221/torguild.jpg]

So as of last night on December 24th 2011 within the Canderous Ordo server, Calys (DarthXan318), Maia (GrandAdmiralJello), Zander (ZanderSolo), and Qatar (Sarge221) had all gathered on Coruscant to create and name the Republic guild of TFN that is known as JC Heroes! :D That's right everyone, we finally got our guild! So if there are any of you that are deciding to go Republic or currently have Imperial characters and want to make a Republic one, keep in mind of this guild as we already have a few members from the boards that are currently in it!

Right now, what with TOR having only recently released, we're all focusing on making our characters and leveling them up. But what I'm hoping for is that, once we leveled up, we can all participate in the usual guild activities such as clearing out raids (or Operations as they're called), maybe some PvP, all with the intent of getting plenty of gear and wiping the floor with anyone that may come across our path! Oh, and defending the Republic. There's that too :p

Anyway, I thought I would just create this thread for guild-related activities that current guild members can discuss. This will be a place where people who want to join the guild can put their name down here and a guild invite will be sent to them, where Flashpoint runs can be planned and dated, and all that fun stuff. Like I said, the guild only just formed last night so we still got a ways to go but I'm hoping that soon enough in the future we'll grow larger and have a lot of fun with one another! :D

See you in TOR!
  2. JM_1977 Force Ghost

star 6
    I look forward to joining this guild (if that's ok) when I finally get the game hopefully for the Holliday be looking for a Jedi knight named Ciscerian in the near future:D
  3. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    Then there will be a spot for you :p
  4. SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer

star 5
    What sort of things are the guild looking for at the moment in terms of group functionality? For instance, would you prefer new members to focus on healer/tank/dps?
  5. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    Well right now...we have a lot of Sages [face_laugh] Of all the Consulars we have in our guild, only one is a Shadow DPS. After that we have a Knight and a Vanguard. So really the only thing we have a lot of are Sages. Not sure about the others but I am focused on healing.
  6. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    And the Knight is still only level 10, because I'm levelling my Sith Assassin. [face_whistling]
  7. SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer

star 5
    I'm always keen to try out new starter characters, and I've been thinking of rolling a Smuggler, so if you want, I could come in with one of them?
  8. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I just started a Republic smuggler on Canderous Ordo named Jcc'iagaiutb. I'm sure I could be of use, for the right price. [face_mischief]
  9. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    It's a TFN guild; we need TFN people in it to play! [face_laugh] And also whatever friends you may want to bring along with ya :p

Oddly enough, it seems like the Smuggler has been the least played class so far. I can't remember the last time I've partied with a Smuggler; its just been Jedi and Troopers [face_thinking]
  10. Nobody145 Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm a Jedi Shadow, although on a different server (I'm closer to the West Coast, but the distance shouldn't be that big a problem). I've also been working on a lower level Smuggler (pretty funny story) and Jedi Knight. Although playing through the first 10 Smuggler levels again shouldn't be that hard (not too sure about redoing my Jedi Consular again yet, hm), but wasn't much interested in trying the Canderous Ordo server since I thought it was one of the earlier ones and thus quite busy often (although they do seem to have fixed the queue times a lot). Maybe I'll try rolling (is that the proper term, I'm almost a complete MMO "noob"?) a new character on that server then. Been mostly busy trying to move my Consular storyline as much as possible (level 30 something by now).

How do you join a guild anyway? Oh well, I'll figure it out eventually, whenever I get around to making a character on that server.
  11. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    To join the guild you need the guildmaster (me :p ) to invite you to it. I think an officer of the guild can too but I haven't promoted anyway to officer yet [face_laugh] So if you guys want to join, send my character - Qatar - a whisper and hopefully we'll be on at the same time so that I can invite you :p

Canderous Ordo can get pretty busy but the queue doesn't ever go more then 30 minutes I think. And I guess they have fixed it or something because I was in a half hour queue once but for some reaosn it only took me five to ten minutes to get in [face_laugh] Nonetheless, when an Imperial guild starts being discussed I will bring up the idea of not having it on Canderous Ordo but, rather, on a less-populated servers since there's a lot of people out there who hate being in queues :p
  12. DarthSubZero Jedi Master

star 4
    I would like to join this guild!
  13. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    Put your character name down and I'll be sure to send an invite if I see you on :D
  14. DarthSubZero Jedi Master

star 4
    Racsoral LV 5 Jedi Consular
  15. SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer

star 5
    Xell - Smuggler Level 10ish.
  16. ZanderSolo Force Ghost

star 3
    /Stealth

I heard somone mention my ninja-ness from cross-country. :cool:

If it helps any, once I get my Ninja to 50, I plan on rolling some type of Tank. Probably a Trooper so I have a ranged and a melee char...but we'll see.

/Stealth
  17. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    Keep your shadows! We got our rocks!

[image=http://i312.photobucket.com/albums/ll340/Sarge221/rockseverywhere.jpg]

[face_cowboy]

More and more I'm starting to see a lack of pure DPS people [face_laugh] I think its because a lot of people playing TOR have already played WoW and, noting the lack of tanks and healers in that MMO, have decided to take on the path of those two specs for TOR as everyone is learning how to play it so they figure that they can use this opportunity to learn how to tank and heal while everyone's fresh.

.....Or at least that's why I'm healing :p Starting to wish I went with the DPS route. Ah well, maybe for my Bounty Hunter since they do have a pure DPS advanced class if I remember correctly.

And I've just grown too used to ranged classes that I have difficulties being a melee class [face_laugh] Once again that's probably due to WoW as I had strictly played a Mage after my attempts at a Warrior and Paladin. But there's also the fact that, in raids, a lot of people just love their melee DPS and its only with me now getting into healing that I realize just how annoying it can be where you have the melee peeps crowding around a boss only to have an AOE attack suddenly hit them and forcing me to quickly heal them all [face_laugh]

But hey, at least TOR actually brought in the concept of RANGED TANKING! :D Now if only they can add dual spec soon...
  18. ZanderSolo Force Ghost

star 3
    Oh wow...I see I've been vastly out leveled while traveling and still got about a week before I'm able to return. I did end up getting that Master title though about 2 hours later that night, so I'll always have that...

First Among Masters [face_peace]
  19. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Jedi Rocks, indeed.
  20. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    Sith Lightning is so overrated after all!
    My Christmas weekend was the only one that I've had in weeks that actually gave me two days off nonetheless one so I used it to my advantage to play the hell out of TOR :p I'm also starting to get a break from my work hours now that Christmas is over and the busy season is finally going down so I should be 50 by the time this week is over.

Which is only fitting. I'm the guildmaster after all so I should be the one to reach 50 first. This of course means that anyone who's already 50 can't be invited to the guild until after I'm 50! [face_laugh]
  21. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Does the game have much to offer after you reach level 50?
  22. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    I'll tell ya when I get there :p

Right now I assume TOR will provide the same kind of content as WoW such as raids (Operations in TOR), gearing up for said raids by getting loot from Flashpoints that will now have a Hard difficult for level 50s, PvP, and maybe a few extra things like perhaps maxing out the affection of all your companions. We'll see when we get there.

I know that during my quest to level up I have been skipping PvP content. Did like one round of Huttball (which seemed pretty sweet) but that's pretty much it [face_laugh] So I know I'll be trying out some PvP when I get to 50.
  23. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I'm doing PVP while levelling because it nets you a stupid amount of exp. :p It's not like WoW where you can play a level 19 twink forever. In TOR you'll level at a decent rate even if all you do is Huttball, I think.

Speaking of twinks, everyone gets magically boosted up to max level in the warzones so there is no such thing as a twink in the first place. I like it more this way - none of that stuff about brackets, or someone having double your HP because they're nine levels above you. The higher-level players have more abilities to play with, and that's pretty much it.

Something else that nets so much exp are space missions - over 10k each, which is quite a lot when you first get them (not so much as you level up, though). I love space missions. :D Yes, they're rail shooters; yes they're rather simple and repetitive; but they're so much fun. Pew pew pew.
  24. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    My day just usually involves doing the space mission dailies first and then going to leveling regularly [face_laugh] Still, I probably should've at least done of the PvP dailies since I could just queue up for those and maybe get some commendations from them. Ah well.

The space missions are pretty easy and a couple of them do repeat but after every new set of space missions that you get you usually get one that gives you the response of "JESUS CHRIST EVERYTHING! [face_beatup] " when compared to the rest of them. My favorite has to be the Makem Te Assault space mission where you actually feel like you're part of a Republic Fleet action in order to disable an Imperial Destroyer.

I've only had to retry one mission a couple of times and that is the Drexel Sweep. It's pretty much Archenar Interception (I don't know the name for the Sith equivalent) where you have to fly through an asteroid and kill a bunch of Sith Fighters. However, these Sith fighters have shields and they actually HURT [face_beatup] Same goes for the Destroyer you encounter as well as a Fury-class Intercept that likes to fly around in front of you, shooting at you, and it can take a few missiles to kill. I have Grade 5 upgrades installed on my ship but even then I was getting shot down. I finally had to use my commendations to get the Electronic Warfare Pod (enemies can't target you for ten seconds) in order to finally survive through that mission because of that one part where you're just absolutely SWARMED by squadrons of fighters. I hardly managed to get through that alive until I get the Electronic Warfare Pod :p
  25. Yodaminch Force Ghost

star 5
    I have completed the Tatooine and Nar Shaddaa Bonus series and am currently at level 32 relaxing in a Cantina on Alderaan. I have to say that Nar Shaddaa was by far the hardest bonus series even with groups. I arrived there at level 31. I've done a few flash points but haven't yet worked up the courage to tackle PVP. I'm a healer so actual direct fighting is definitely not my strong suit. I'm surprised there are so many healers and yet many times none available when groups need them. I'm a healer because I do best in a support role, keeping people alive. I like range fighting over the up close and personal battles. Unfortunately, some of the people I've grouped with are terrible tanks or DPS.