main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TOR JC Heroes - TFN Republic Guild

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Sarge221, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I haven't tried PvP yet, but it sounds like a good approach to leveling. I'll have to make some time for it this New Year's long weekend. ;)

2. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    New to the MMO world so have never been in a guild or anything like that obviously. I'm on a different server but when I'm ready to give the Trooper class a try (doing Jedi Consular and Smuggler right now) I'll look for you all on the Canderous Ordo server and follow you to whatever server is decided on for the Sith faction.

3. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    We'll have a spot open for you :D

[image=http://i312.photobucket.com/albums/ll340/Sarge221/levelfifty.jpg]

So I got to level 50! What about the rest of ya? :p

4. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Gratz!

I think i'm sitting at 36 or 37. Don't know for sure till Thurs.

5. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    37! Nearly 38!

I would be higher but ... so many alts. [face_hypnotized]

6. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    You weren't kidding! I played pretty much nothing but PVP yesterday and gained a level and a half. I've been sort of just running around Balmorra doing the beginning stuff but I'm already level 38 on my way to 39 now. I still plan to return to do the Alderaan bonus series as well so I've got plenty to do. I'll definitely be well over 40 by the time I leave Balmorra at this rate.

I have to say though, it feels much harder to win as Republic vs. Imps. They just seem more destructive. Huttball definitely gets addicting too. :p

7. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    17 now, and proud to report that...

(spoiler for smuggler storyline)
    I recently recovered my stolen ship and can travel places! Woo-hoo! I'm extremely curious why there's a strange woman, a dude in carbonite, and a large caged animal hanging out in my cargo bay, though. It sounds like the set-up for a GFFA buddy comedy. "Dude, what the **** was happening on my ship for the past 15 levels?" [face_hypnotized]

8. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Yeah, Smuggler was the second class where I got my starship, but with the Smuggler its an especially long-awaited moment as that ship belonged to you originally but was stolen. A lot of the time I choose responses that will lead to affection points with a companion, but I couldn't resist choosing the "Eat my exhaust, pal!" response. Although have you noticed that strange object in the corner opposite the cage? Assuming that thing is what I think it is... that's really creepy. Although having a man in carbonite is already pretty creepy, but then this class was based on Han Solo so the carbonite is understandable. I'm slightly sad we didn't get to see Darmas one last time, but then I finally got my ship back, so who cares? [face_laugh]

Gotta get around to setting up a character on the Canderous server, any particular class the guild could use more of? Although I'm concentrating on getting my Jedi Shadow to level 50 first (level 47 right now). I'm particular to Jedi Consular (not sure if I'll do Shadow again or go for Sage second time around) and been liking the story a good deal (nice to see a Jedi building up support with governments, although vaguely reminded of ME2's storyline and ME3's presumed storyline of assembling armies). Although might not want to do smuggler again, having to deal with the cover system is annoying (although I went with Scoundrel as my advanced class, I think Gunslingers get to set up their own cover?).

9. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Could always give the Empire a shot :p It seems like our Empire guild will be on the same server as our Republic one so if you're tired of Republic characters you can give Empire a shot.

As for what classes we have in our guild, we have a lot of Jedi Consulars. Last I checked, one Shadow DPS and a bunch of Sages of differing specs. We have a couple Smugglers and right now we only have one Trooper but the one who's playing that isn't currently active on Canderous but leveling up a character in some other server at the moment :p

10. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    Yeah yeah... [face_whistling]

11. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
  12. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I've just joined the US Canderous Ordo server and I'm playing as Ishap

If this is right can you add me to the Guild or send me in the right direction?

Cheers

13. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Yeah I usually just put the name on my friends list and when they happen to be on the same time as me I invite them to the guild :p

I'm not the only one that can invite people to the guild though. I'm pretty sure that I promoted the founding members (Jello, Xani, and Zander) to also guild invite people since - as much as I would like to - I can't be playing TOR all the time [face_laugh]

14. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Messed around abit with Ishap and got a feel for the game

I now have a Jedi Consular called Ishaps-Prayer (Keeping consistant with my GW namings) and a Bounty Hunter called Kolkoon, I'm happy with these two so far and will likely continue with these characters.

I've played Guild Wars, WoW and SWTOR now, initial views are that SWTOR feels more engaging to me,
    I love GW but don't go back to it as often as I should but as it's subscription free I'm not too fussed (roll on GW2) I played WoW for three months and to be honest I loath it, it is in the process of being deleted and I'm considering the £40 spent on the game so far as a complete write off.

I really hope SWTOR doesn't turn into a WoW clone for me as that will really annoy me.

15. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    TOR is definitely a lot more engaging then other MMOs out there. You definitely will not get bored too quickly by feeling like you're just some random character that's going around doing standard fetch quests for people that just have nothing better for you to do [face_laugh]

Still, the actual MMO content of TOR can feel a bit meh; mostly the end game. While Bioware did a real great job with the single player/leveling-up experience, the actual MMO stuff can use a bit of work. But hey, its a new big-time project that Bioware thought to try their hand so they can get a bit of slack to do better as time goes on. I know for a fact they're not done yet as they are planning to add more chapters for the stories of your characters :D

16. ZanderSolo

May 18, 2007
    Hit level 50 Yesterday Evening!

And I still have most of Corellia and I believe 1 more planet before my story is even done and I can move on to dailies/weeklies and HardMode.

I am very much enjoying the DPS role though.... my Crit is 1/4 and most of my hits are over 1k and over 3k on a crit. As long as my comp is healing me or there's a competent healer in my groups I'm an Invisible Destructive Shinobi.

Not sure when I'll get my Empire char up and running though, need to finish a 1-year Florida Panther proposal I've been writing and told myself I'd wrap up this weekend. Will probably just be on to run missions for creds. UWT mat selling FTW!

17. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Nearly at level 45. Now I'm getting the itch to level up to 50 however I'm pretty happy with my current set of abilities so that's keeping me at bay.

I was on Quesh two days ago and did one of those bonus missions. I had to take out the big bad droid. Problem was, I didn't see the overpowered Gamorrean Guard. He beat me to half 25% health with the added firepower of the big droid. So, I retreated. I hid around the building behind me and healed myself, letting my companion be cannon fodder because he had much better health. I come back out to see my companion took care of the guard and I look around thinking I've reset the instance by retreating. All of the sudden, I'm fired upon, I look up and...

[image=http://z1.ifrm.com/1250/1/0/p405992/Screenshot_2012_01_10_22_12_43_614889.jpg]

Yup, it followed me. And climbed on top of the building I had just hid behind. That was a first. [face_laugh]

18. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Hahahaha [face_laugh]

I also love Zander in the chat log with "Healerz complaining about healz!" [face_laugh]

19. ZanderSolo

May 18, 2007
    I'm not big on healing to begin with myself, so the accidental Shadow click sent me from Sage to Shadow and I never looked back. All I'm saying is...why would anyone choose a heal spec(he said he was heal tree specced) and then complain about needing to heal your group? I would never complain about doing too much damage with my double-glow-bat. We ended up dying about 15 times because the tank would go down in 2 hits, i would offtank and take way more hits than the tank did in DPS mode, then i would die from AOE missiles.

HM FP are actually Hard, which is Good.

/Soapbox

[face_peace]

20. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    He's complaining about having to heal too much because it means the group is taking too much damage. Generally it means your tank sucks. Which appears to be true, if he would go down in 2 hits. :p

21. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    I tried doing Hard Mode not long after my Sage got to fifty. We tried to do Esseless. Didn't go well. Everyone in the party taking too much damage too fast that I couldn't heal them all in time x.X

22. ZanderSolo

May 18, 2007
    From what I've read on the TOR forums the first Major Boss in Esseles is either bugged or needs tuning down in an upcoming patch because he can 1-hit tanks with 13k+ health.

As there was no dev response half assume its overtuned and half assume a bug.

Im really looking forward to doing these. I want mai Rakata Bracers and Belt :p

Im 5 Days from having my dailies completed as well, save the 120 comm implants which is going to take weeks per piece.

Also finally am working on my synthweaving, got it up 40 pts today alone.

23. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Eh I just didn't feel like doing the dailies and gearing up for the HMs all over again <.< This was pretty much how it went for me:

Me: Woohoo! Level 50!
    TOR: END GAMEZ!?
    Me: ....................I'm gonna make an Agent *prances off to the Empire*

24. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    en
    Well, hopefully when most of us are 50, we can start doing missions together. My personal goal is to hit level 50 by next week right before classes resume :p

25. ZanderSolo

May 18, 2007
    So..I PvP'd for the first time today.

Once i got the hang of it, i made the most of my deaths...I mean i did better.

I'm sitting reading the TOR forhums and most people who ahve been diligently pvp'ing since day one have not completed their T2 sets, elt alone T3 and apprently the rarest part is whatever your classes Main Hand is.

With that in mind, I did about 3 hours of PvP, got 5 Loot Bags...and got not only an Implant thatw as +40 to pretty much all my primary stats, i got my Tier2 MainHand...and its color?

The Heart of The Force(Cyan)

The rare magenta schem drop is: The Mantle of the Force(Pink)

Note: I havent played KOTOR1 DLC in years upon years, I may have those backward.