main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JC Icons and You!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by NYCitygurl, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Hello, fan artists!!

I?m Nat, the JC icons manager. As some of you have probably noticed, a lot of our new icons are for the Clone Wars TV series, with very little in the way of new Lit/EU icons, or icons from other material. I?d like to change that; as awesome as the TCW icons are, variety is always good.

So first off, I?d like to know what kind of icons you all are interested in seeing more of. And if you have particular requests, feel free to give me screen shots. You can also post them in the official icons thread in Comms, where they?ll reach more icon makers.

Secondly, I?d love to see more of you all involved in the icons process! I know you?re all really creative people (and a lot of you are familiar with programs like Photoshop), so it seems logical that icons and artists go together :D

It?s really easy to become an icon maker ? just submit one qualifying icon (like, it has to have the correct dimensions, etc.) and you automatically get voting powers! We have icon tutorials written by JC icon makers for both Photoshop and a free program called GIMP, if you?re interested in learning how to make them.

Even if you?re not interested in making icons, please always feel free to stop by the icons thread, check out submitted icons, and offer suggestions?we always appreciate input :)

So please, feel free to let me know (in here, in Comms, via PM) your suggestions, and ask me any questions you have about the process, becoming an icon maker, or anything else relating to icons :) I?d really love to hear what you all have to say about the icons process, suggestions you have, or whatever you have ideas for!!

(As a note: There is a policy of not uploading fan art icons, because I can?t upload everyone?s pieces, and I don?t want anyone left out.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.