main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JC.N GL - Official X-Wing Alliance Wing!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Darth-Hannibal, Aug 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Hannibal

Darth-Hannibal Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2001
    OK folks, here's the deal. There have been numerous attempts to fuel interest in regular X-Wing Alliance games, like we have for JK, but none have really come to much.

Myself and SithForceLord are avid fans of the game, and seeing how successful JK has become again lately, we'd like to see XWA getting some time in too! Obviously any games would not be scheduled against the existing JK games, so that enthusiasts of both games (SFL and myself included) can do both.

Anyway, I have been informed that some of the reason that XWA never really took off (no pun intended) is due to technical difficulties, concerning number of players. Therefore we would be grateful if anyone would like to help us with testing, seeing if we run into difficulties and finding ways around them. If all goes well, we could get regular games going in a fortnight or less! :D

So if anyone wants to help us out, then please ICQ me on 125958692, my ID is 'The ¶ndividual'. Alternatively you can PM me. Even if you aren't able to help us with the testing, but would like to join in the games, then please let us know here in the thread what times are good for you to play, etc.

Guess that's about it, hope it all works out!

Come on SFL, throw your hand in!

Darth Hannibal

2. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    IM IN - as he has already named me!

common people XWA rocks!

(definitely NOT taking the glory from JK nor MOTS as these games i play more of, however this idea rocks!)

3. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    I can host 6-8 at xwa if you all have cable, if you have 56k it can only be 4

4. Terra

Terra Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2000
    I only have 56k :(

5. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    hey AA - i only have a 56k - sorry!

you keen for this?

6. Darth-Hannibal

May 13, 2001
    Same with me and SFL. However, if this is to take off (pun intended) then we want as many people as possible to join - we can split into separate games like we sometimes do at JK if need be.

7. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    We may have to have seperates games for the cable people and the 56k people. Count me in to the 56k games :)

Can we officially call ourselves Nerf Squadron yet? :)

By the way- don't trust AA if he tries to give you any game modifications ;) tee-hee

8. Darth-Hannibal

May 13, 2001
    First, let's get some members! For now we'll just be the JC.N GL XWA Wing. I like Nerf Squadron though, that'll be a good choice for name when we eventually get organised!

SFL, you wanna do a ladder system for us? That'd be cool!

9. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    Dude terra i gave you good mods, they didnt make it easy for me

and xwa i only mess with ship models.

10. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    This is great! :)

I think that in addition to a ladder system we should have team battles, and challenges where we can take 2 of the mediocre players against the best...stuff like that!

Someone care to assign us numbers so we have an accurate count of who is 'in'?

11. Darth-Hannibal

May 13, 2001
    So far we have:

Darth Hannibal
    SFL
    AA (I assume ur in, dude)
    Terra

Before we do anything organisational, I want to make sure we're not going to run into any technical problems. SFL and me are going to play tonite, if anyone else wants to help us 'test' (read: play :) ) then let us know.

This will be after the JK game.

12. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    In how many hours will you be playing, Darth Hannibal?

13. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    get the newest 2.02 patch

i should be in if its before jade wakes up

(roughly 2 hours)

14. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    Where do I get the latest patch from? That'll be about 2:34am, so don't blame me if my reflexes are shot to crap...

15. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    lucas arts should have it, 3 megs

go to support.

16. Darth-Hannibal

May 13, 2001
    Not sure, the JK game starts at 9pm EST (2am GMT, my time - 1pm New Zealand time) and they last for a while, usually. Could be 2-3 hours after that that we get down to XWA (lucky I'm nocturnal!)

I'll post here when we're all ready, how's that? Also, it's be REALLY helpful if you could get yourself on ICQ, so we can all communicate easier. If you already are, then please contact me at the number above.

17. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    Thanks AA, when I'm back on my own PC I'll go and download that.

Darth Hannibal, what kinda battle you wanna play?

18. Darth-Hannibal

May 13, 2001
    I second that AA, everone should have the 2.02 upgrade. Won't take long to get.

On the subject of other mods, best not really. When we're organised we can try to get the same options files, etc, but for now while we're testing, let's just use the vanilla game, how it comes on the CD.

When we're established we can sort out which mods we'll have, so we're all compatible no hassle.

19. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    I'm on AOL and MSN- I know AA is on MSN too...maybe we could make that the Squad standard? :)

20. Darth-Hannibal

May 13, 2001
    Let's start with a cooperative mission, I designed a nice one where we take on a Star Destroyer and a wing of fighters, Ace level (I can handle this one alone without being destroyed, so together we should be wicked!)

If this results in being too slow, then we'll downsize until we find something suitable. That's the whole idea of the testing!

I'll probably host the first one, so no need to swap any files or anything.

21. Darth-Hannibal

May 13, 2001
    ICQ! ICQ! ICQ!

Sorry to be bossy, but I've tried out MSN and AIM, and I found neither to be as stable or reliable as ICQ. Most of the likely candidates for the Wing have ICQ, sorry.

22. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    Dudes want me to host? i just have to change 1 or 2 network cables to get passed the firewall.

23. Darth-Hannibal

May 13, 2001
    AA you rock! Will you be around at say 10.30 - 11pm EST?

If so I'll ICQ you this mission file.

24. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    Um jade might be waking up around then and she dont got xwa =/

in a hour and a half though i can do it.

25. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    We could have an Imperial and Rebel sub-squadrons, for example, Imperial zealots (like myself ;)) would always fight in Imperial craft against the Rebel scum :)D) and the Rebel scum would fight against the glorious Imperials, and occaisonlaly we could have Imperial duke outs, where everyone flies an Imperial craft, and Rebel duke outs, where everyone flies Rebel craft. And, perhaps sometime the members of the subsquadrons would switch sides for a day, so they know how to kick Imperial butt in Rebel craft and visa versa :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.